Interesting Fire Test
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully these have not been posted before and I missed them.    Crude but valid test of drone operation in a flammable area.   I could see a fireman wanting to know.

2018-9-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Not much that could produce a spark with all the plastic that's on a drone.  Getting too close to a fire could have a bad consequence.  I guess maybe they wanted to use it maybe checking for gas leaks or something.
2018-9-22
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-9-22 05:55
Not much that could produce a spark with all the plastic that's on a drone.  Getting too close to a fire could have a bad consequence.  I guess maybe they wanted to use it maybe checking for gas leaks or something.

Many times they are entering areas where there is no fire, but the possibility of a flammable atmosphere is a very valid concern.   I could see the value of scouting an area of concern, say a chemical/petroleum type plant with a leaking tank would be a prime area for a drone.
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this video. Thank you.
2018-9-22
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

EdM Posted at 2018-9-22 06:12
Many times they are entering areas where there is no fire, but the possibility of a flammable atmosphere is a very valid concern.   I could see the value of scouting an area of concern, say a chemical/petroleum type plant with a leaking tank would be a prime area for a drone.

Technology has come so far im so proud
2018-9-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting vid - thanks for sharing.
2018-9-22
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Thanks for sharing, very cool.
2018-9-22
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Great information but does anybody know if there have been any tests conducted in fireground conditions i.e. smoke (carbon particles etc) heat, currents etc etc?
2018-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Close Encounters Of The Drone Kind... haha

Thank ~ fully it wasn’t Up In Smoke!! Smilie

RedHotPoker
2018-9-22
Use props
Sam Drucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Thanks for doing this. Many government agencies will use this to determine the safety of using drones to assist in their needs.
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules