Vision plus wifi drops
1823 18 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hudson
New

United States

hi I just bought the vision plus today everything connects well I get the Wi-Fi to connect to the app and the Wi-Fi repeater to work but when I start propellers on the phantom 2 I instantly lose connection to the camera I have tried rebinding the camera and I have tried re-downloading the app and nothing works and turning on airplane mode. By the way I have the iPhone 5s
2015-5-30
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Try one of these GPS boosters, I installed one in mine and I've been getting a regular and steady 12 satellites

You can search ebay or go here: http://www.buzzcam.co.uk/
Also, here's a youtube video where it's reviewed, installed and demonstrated... (which convinced me to buy one and I'm glad I did)

Edit: I use an iPhone 4S (waiting for an iPad air to arrive), I'm not sure you should put it in aeroplane mode, I thought that blocked cellular, Wi-Fi and GPS signals? (but don't quote me on that)

GPS Booster

GPS Booster
2015-5-30
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

See if you have Bluetooth turned on. Some users have reported they loose connection with Bluetooth enabled. I'd give it a try. Also you may have to disconnect from any stronger wifi signals. He thisnhelps
2015-5-31
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The GPS Booster is great for helping the satellite connection, but it will not resolve this Wi-Fi issue. FYI.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-31
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Hudson,

As Roy said, check the BT setting. Test it doing this: Turn "airplane mode" on, then turn on wifi, "forget" all networks available except the Phantom, connect to the Phantom network. What happens now?

Jerry
2015-5-31
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

BazzaVMC Posted at 2015-5-31 15:44
Try one of these GPS boosters, I installed one in mine and I've been getting a regular and steady 12 ...

You can put an iPhone in Airplane mode which will shut off both the WiFi and phone receptions, but you can then turn the Wifi back on which just prevents phonecalls from coming in. I always do this when flying so I don't get calls while flying. I have a 4S, but pretty sure this will be true for the 5.
I also need to second Mike's opinion. The GPS tracking and the WiFi are completely different issues. Strengthening your GPS reception will not help the WiFi situation.   Barney
2015-5-31
Use props
Hudson
New

United States

Still the same thing when I turn the Bluetooth off an airplane mode on it still is soon as I start the propellers cuts the camera feed
2015-5-31
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Hudson Posted at 2015-5-31 23:10
Still the same thing when I turn the Bluetooth off an airplane mode on it still is soon as I start ...

Hudson,

Just for process of elimination and to try to help, did you "forget" every other network shown except the Phantom?

Jerry
2015-5-31
Use props
Hudson
New

United States

Ya I forgot all other networks too
2015-5-31
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Hudson Posted at 2015-6-1 00:14
Ya I forgot all other networks too

Hudson,

Hey, when you reply to someone hit the "reply" under the post you're replying to not the box down at the bottom of the page, otherwise that person won't get a "remind" and won't know you replied unless they go back into the original post.

How familiar are you with this stuff. Just asking to find out if I can help. For all I know, you know more than I do! If you aren't particularly familiar I may be able to help, if you're really familiar I probably won't be able to.

Jerry
2015-5-31
Use props
Hudson
New

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-1 00:28
Hudson,

Hey, when you reply to someone hit the "reply" under the post you're replying to not the  ...

Have been googling the problem and trying ever thing and nothing has worked so far
2015-5-31
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Hudson Posted at 2015-6-1 00:57
Have been googling the problem and trying ever thing and nothing has worked so far

Hudson,

Did you verify all of your firmware in the info tab in the assistant software? If not, you may want to give it a look.

Jerry
2015-5-31
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

BazzaVMC Posted at 2015-5-31 15:44
Try one of these GPS boosters, I installed one in mine and I've been getting a regular and steady 12 ...

Wow nice commercial I think it is a good product but it does zero for the WIFI problem.  
2015-5-31
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

acenothing Posted at 2015-6-1 06:40
Wow nice commercial I think it is a good product but it does zero for the WIFI problem.

It's not a commercial, I just thought I'd try to help, I'm new to all of this, but learning fast (faster than most), I've only flown my Phantom 3 times...
I somehow got confused between Wi-Fi and GPS... (haven't slept much lately)
2015-5-31
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-5-31 20:39
The GPS Booster is great for helping the satellite connection, but it will not resolve this Wi-Fi is ...

Yep, somehow confused myself between the two lol

Be gentle lol
2015-5-31
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2015-5-31 23:09
You can put an iPhone in Airplane mode which will shut off both the WiFi and phone receptions, but ...

Thanks for clearing that up with more information, as I said to mike and acenothing, I somehow confused myself between Wi-Fi and GPS...

Yes I know they're vastly different, I'm still learning all this technological stuff, it's like the difference between a carburettor and fuel injection... Oh damn I'm getting old lol

Once again, be gentle lol
2015-5-31
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Ok, forget the booster lol, how about a lower resolution for preview quality? try 320x240 15fps?

Btw I'm just stabbing in the dark here, I don't know much about this, just trying to offer any help I can
2015-5-31
Use props
Hudson
New

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-1 01:11
Hudson,

Did you verify all of your firmware in the info tab in the assistant software? If not, yo ...

I have the latest firmware
2015-5-31
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Possibly a defective Wifi module.  Try connecting to the Phantom directly without the use of the extender as described here and once connected use a Wifi analyzing App to see the Wifi strength and compare it with motors on and off.
Also good if you could test connecting normally with another mobile device just to see if you have the problem there as well
2015-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules