B4UFLY vs Air Map
3012 4 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ponce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15705 ft

While taking off for sunrise photos today I had a screen warning that I had entered a class D air space. There is a big discrepancy between the two apps. Before hand I was able to fly from my house location. The FAA app now cover my subdivision under Class D airspace while the Air Map got it on the clear with the class D area been about 2500 ft to my north. I want to fly without any issues with the FAA.
Anyone know what information should I follow?
2018-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You didn't tell us what you're flying.  Part 101?  Part 107?  Sounds like you must be flying Part 107 but I can't be sure.  

Most people, like everybody, prefer airmap over B4YFly.  But airmap isn't always perfect.  My vote is you should follow the one that is correct or most correct for your location.  Know you can double check by looking at the sectional charts.  I like www.vfrmap.com because you can toggle between a road map and the sectional which serves us drone pilots very nicely.  :-)  

Good luck
2018-9-22
Use props
Ponce
lvl.1

Thanks Mark. I was flying my P3S under 101. I look
2018-9-22
Use props
Ponce
lvl.1

at the charts but they don’t have too many details. I guess I will stop flying from my house.
2018-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Ponce Posted at 2018-9-22 11:08
Thanks Mark. I was flying my P3S under 101. I look

If you want to give us a location such as a street address, we can give you our assessment of what's going on with the sectional chart in your area.  

But it likely won't concern you because if you're flying 101, then it doesn't matter if you're flying in Class C, or D or none of the above.  All you have to do is notify the airport your flight plan with a phone call if you're within five miles.  On airmap, make sure you're on the Sec 336 tab, not the Part 107 tab.  
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules