Image caching is syncing across ALL devices?
500 5 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1c8cab6a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66 ft
Spain

Hello. I flew yesterday with Moverio BT-300 glasses. Video caching disabled, I later found still photos (originals + cached folder) in the Moverio android AND in my other android phone, which I did not use for flying. It also has DJI Go 4.3.0 installed, uses the same login id and had WiFi on. I did launch the app there later, but did not connect to the drone. Does DJI sync everything via some cloud? I don't want any of this! How to disable image caching altogether?
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 app? Then after that please try to disable the cache and let see if this will work. Thank you.
2018-9-22
Use props
fans1c8cab6a
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-22 10:42
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 app? Then after that please try to disable the cache and let see if this will work. Thank you.

Dear Natalia, thanks for the reply! There is no option to disable photo caching, only video. Disabling video caching works fine. There are many threads already telling that DJI "forgot" to include that option. Reinstalling will not help until you guys add an option to disable PHOTO caching in the next update of Go 4.

Why the photos got copied to my OTHER device is still unclear and is a question to you. I hate wasting memory...
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans1c8cab6a Posted at 2018-9-22 10:55
Dear Natalia, thanks for the reply! There is no option to disable photo caching, only video. Disabling video caching works fine. There are many threads already telling that DJI "forgot" to include that option. Reinstalling will not help until you guys add an option to disable PHOTO caching in the next update of Go 4.

Why the photos got copied to my OTHER device is still unclear and is a question to you. I hate wasting memory...

I totally understand your point. I'll forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-9-22
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Is Sync on in Android settings?
2018-9-22
Use props
fans1c8cab6a
lvl.2
Spain

Moverio is Android, but not Google-certified. Settings-Accounts is empty. In my other phone I don't even see 'sync photos' as an option.
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules