Canon 1DX II not connecting with Ronin-S
4215 8 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7c91fd5b
lvl.3
United States

Hi there,

I just updated my Ronin-S to the latest firmware and connected it to the the lower section of the USB connector of my Canon 1DX II using the DJI supplied micro USB cable. The red light on the focus knob blinks, and there is no sign the camera is receiving commands from the Ronin-S. No start stop, video on/off, no focus pulling. Can anyone advise me if there is some setting on the Ronin software or the 1DX needed to make the connection work? I looked through the documenation and couldn't find any details about this.

Thanks so much!

2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to verify is it single red blinking or double red? Have you tried using a different micro USB cable? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
fans7c91fd5b
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-24 08:54
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to verify is it single red blinking or double red? Have you tried using a different micro USB cable? We're here to help you. Thank you.

It is single blinking red. I have attached the photos to show which of the included cables I am using and how I have them attached to the Ronin-S and IDX-Mark II. Thanks for your help!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans7c91fd5b Posted at 2018-9-24 10:29
It is single blinking red. I have attached the photos to show which of the included cables I am using and how I have them attached to the Ronin-S and IDX-Mark II. Thanks for your help![view_image][view_image]

Hi, unfortunately, Canon 1DX II is not yet fully supported from the last firmware update. Please stand by for the next update. We will continuously look into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models. Your patience is very much appreciated. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
fans7c91fd5b
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-24 11:00
Hi, unfortunately, Canon 1DX II is not yet fully supported from the last firmware update. Please stand by for the next update. We will continuously look into possibilities of bringing more features to more camera models. Your patience is very much appreciated. Thank you.

However, as you can see from recent posts on the forum, several people do have the 1DX Mark II working after the last software update. But for me, none of the features work at all, indicating a problem with my Ronin-S itself or something about the way I have it set up. Can you look into this a little futher? I would really appreciate it so much!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, currently, only the RSS-IR cable is available for Canon 1DX MK II, we are developing USB shutter control, please try with the RSS-IR cable, thank you.
GTScreenshot_20180925_171239.png
2018-9-25
Use props
thomas.yemi
New
Denmark

my 1dx still isn't working I have updated my firmware to the latest one
2019-5-22
Use props
Liorm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379206 ft
Israel

Anyone can tell,
2019-11-9
Use props
Liorm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379206 ft
Israel

Hi, anyone can tell me why I cannot balance the 1dxii, do I need any specific plate or part. It’s left heavy. Thanks
2019-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules