Inspire 1, my pain as it flew away
4625 47 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Consult Posted at 2015-6-16 19:08
Thank you very much S.N, i'll be sure to post some video.

I was actually pretty sure this would b ...

Q500 4k w/1080p @120 fps, hand held gimbal, 2 batteries, extra props and carrying case for $$
or
Q500+ w/1080p and 16mp photo and 0 fish eye, with all of the above mentioned goodies, for $$?

Combine all of that, with an average 2 min customer service hold time, talking to friendly, knowledgeable customer service person and turn around repair times of a week or less, with an abundance of parts availability, if needed, as well?!!? WHAT?!!?

What kind of crazy person would ever even think of trying some other product(s) with that kind of shoddy offering?
All joking aside, at least DJI did right by you, kudos to them.

Congrats, buddy!!!! Looking forward to those vids!!!

-S.N.
2015-6-16
Use props
Consult
lvl.2
Finland

Well, you'd think once something is promised it would be taken care of, but no....

Inspire was returned to DJI, but then they tell me they don't have a replacement in Germany(would not get one for weeks they say?) and would like to attempt to repair my unit.
I declined, i would only accept a new one as promised by DJI.

I gave them untill end of this week, but no answer. They have had the inspire in germany a full month now, surely they would have had time to get one shipped to them from China if they were even planning to hold to their end of the agreement.

Funny thing is that the inspire has been put on a sales ban in here in Finland, something to do with the transmitter power or channels. I'm sure our officials will be interested to know about all the other problems it has too, i will be contacting them on monday to inform them.

It's too bad DJI just can't seem to get their customer service in order.
Atleast the Yuneec Q500+ is flying well.

2015-8-7
Use props
Consult
lvl.2
Finland

Now i have a tracking number from UPS, a parcel from DJI Germany is enroute. Delivery day is this thursday, can't wait to see what's in the box.
I suspect that there will be a repaired unit and not a new one as promised.

Previously mentioned sales ban is still in place, there was a Europe-wide testing campaign on multirotors where 4 different models were tested and three of those got banned. What the other two are i don't know but as the inspire 1 is banned i'm not sure if DJI is able to send a new one. If this is the case i have option but to take back my money from the dealer.

I exchanged the Yuneec Q500+ for a Q500 4k. Love it.
2015-9-1
Use props
Consult
lvl.2
Finland

The time of miracles is not over. A brand new Inspire 1 received today. It's a newer version too with the upgraded one piece metal part lifting the arms an Qr propholders. Funny that they sent only a set of selftightening props...but i guess its time to spin her up and see what happens
2015-9-2
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

Its good to hear you got a new replacement

I watched the video of the first one, was it buggy from the start?  it was drifting around at the beginning or was this you? just seems like some weird movements right from the start.

I would not advise calibrating the IMU onsite, you need to do this at home with a spirit level on a table to get a nice flat surface. The only thing that should be calibrated onsite is the compass.

Also calibrate the imu when its cold and hasn't been flown ( i.e first up in the morning)

Also i am looking around the google, is there any links to where finland has banned the Inspire 1? or other quadcopters? im interested to see more information?

anyways enjoy your new Inspire 1 man, sorry its been this way, but once you have a good one im sure you will appreciate the Inspire 1 - it is really cool and does some really nice videos.
2015-9-2
Use props
Consult
lvl.2
Finland

I wouldn't say it was buggy from the start, it was more a sudden loss of controll. I was still testing it out so some drifiting an eratic movement at the beginning was done by me.

The sales ban was put in place by our communications regulatory authority and it's due to transimitting power and stray signal output being over the maximum allowed. Best link is this, but it's very little info on the subject: http://www.mtv.fi/uutiset/kotima ... sateilyteho/5254366 ( needs translation by google or bing)

About the new unit i received, there's something wrong with the camera. It's making a horrible sound when tilting it, as if the motors or fan hit something at certain points. Straight forward is ok but especially straight down there's a continuous high pitch buzz.

Today i'll do the calibrations and see if that helps, firmware updates went well last night.
2015-9-3
Use props
Consult
lvl.2
Finland

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-3 13:18
> It's making a horrible sound when tilting it, as if the motors or fan hit something at certain p ...

I'll test that tonight and post a video of it here. Too bad my dealer does not have the option for straight replacement as they don't have these items in store at all, only on order. So if it needs replacement it's back to DJI grmany again, and maybe i get it back by christmas

Atleast the new features should be tested out and firmware smoothed by then...
2015-9-3
Use props
Consult
lvl.2
Finland

Here's the video of the noise the gimbal makes:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6m48rjeSTAqZVhkZHpMeXBLSFE

Any guess what causes this?

Also at first startup last night i got this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6m48rjeSTAqclJpc1lQRm9ISGs

But that was sorted out with removing and reattaching the gimbal.
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules