6798 10 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoosier Daddy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150433 ft
United States

Please help, I am at my wits end

I have balanced my gimbal, turned on, turned off, restarted, and anything else I can think of.

The DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin will not find my gimbal when I connect via usb.  If it cannot find it I cannot update the firmware.
Everytime I open it, it logs me on then flashes for me to connect the usb, however it is already connected.  The only thing that does happen it that it starts charging the gimbal.  The current charge is 4 bars so i don't think tha is a problem either

I am running windows 10.

got the app from https://www.dji.com/ronin-s

Not sure what to do next.
2018-9-22
Use props
Hoosier Daddy
lvl.2
United States

current firmware is 1.1 on gimbal
2018-9-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. Kindly take time to watch the video provided below for a better understanding. Thank you.

2018-9-24
Use props
Hoosier Daddy
lvl.2
United States

Sigh!  How can that video make the your software recognize my Ronin S?

It is a connectivity issue, seems most likely with the unit or the Cable.  Did you even read my original post or just throw up anything after a few days to make it seem like DJI was helping.

I even spoke to support today, since the weekend is over.  Waited in hold for quite a while only to be told "unplug it and plug it back in"  "Did that solve the problem"  
No
'Oh sorry for the troubles it must be broke send it back to us and we will look at it.  We will send out a new one as soon as we can"  
When will that be?
"Whenever we can"
Can i get an estimate?
No, it will be whenever we can.  There is no way to know when that will be.

Gotta love DJI!    !@$#%^&$
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Hoosier, sorry for the response by DJI Gamora.
Firstly, please make sure you install the correct DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.0 for Windows system, then check if DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.0 and the drive have been installed successfully: power on the device and connect it to the PC, enter Task Manager. If the drive software is not installed, a yellow examination mark is displayed in the Device Manager. Please re-install the drive software.
Please ensure the camera on the Ronin-S has been turned off.
If the issue persists, any chance trying another computer? Thank you.
2018-9-25
Use props
Danilo Knezevic
New

Serbia

I have the same problem... Can you please tell me how did you fix yours? I tried everything I could think of to fix it, but it still doesn't work. Reinstall DJI Ronin assistant, unplugged and plugged cable.... even reinstall the phone app... I balanced my gimbal perfectly, followed every instruction provided on official YouTube page, but still there is no way that I can update  this softer to the latest version, firmware list doesn't load. This is important to me because this version of softer I have, have some glitches. While I use gimbal it just goes swinging itself all around. The only way I found to fix that when it happens is to turn it off. I'm really not sure what to do. Please help!
2019-4-11
Use props
fans10ff8054
lvl.1
Flight distance : 784970 ft
United States

How do I update the firmware without a computer on the ronin S? It always says the pan is off balance no matter what I do
2019-6-25
Use props
henninglyngmo
New

Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-25 01:09
Hi Hoosier, sorry for the response by DJI Gamora.
Firstly, please make sure you install the correct DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.0 for Windows system, then check if DJI Pro Assistant For Ronin v2.0.0 and the drive have been installed successfully: power on the device and connect it to the PC, enter Task Manager. If the drive software is not installed, a yellow examination mark is displayed in the Device Manager. Please re-install the drive software.
Please ensure the camera on the Ronin-S has been turned off.

Thanks DJI Mindy. It worked for me as well. Only connected the RONIN S (not having the program opened), went to device manager and found the Ronin S where it said driver broken, removed it, unplugged the unit, plugged in once again, and it popped up in the DJI Assistant.
2019-11-12
Use props
mali_zmaj
New
Serbia

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem with the DJI Ronin S. I just bought it today and cant load the firmware at all. I've installed everything correctly and followed your instructions to the letter but nothing changed. Even tried on another computer with no luck.

I'm a bit disappointed since I had very high expectations from DJI....
2020-1-19
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

Perhaps this may help.  When I attempt to connect my Ronin S to my MacMini with a USB C/USB A cable and a USB A to USB dongle (have tried two of them) I cannot connect the Ronin S.  However, if I remove the USB C/USB A dongle there are no issues connecting the Ronin S.

Hope this helps.

Don Barar
2020-1-20
Use props
bruno.l.a.soaresgmail.com
New

Portugal

B5

Hello.
I am having the same problem with my Ronin S.
In the mobile phone application he asked to install the new firmware, when I did it, he did not download it completely and since that the Ronin S does not work and the application does not recognize it.
He lost all GPS connections, bluetooth, etc., and says he has 0% battery in the upper right corner, even though Ronin has a fully charged battery.
When I return to Dji Pro Assistant on my Imac or macbook, it recognizes the device, but does not download it. It always gives error, either for upgrade (in the two possible firmawres available), or in any downgrade.
I have already realized that I am not the only one to have this same problem at this very moment. Can't DJI take responsibility for helping its customers? I called DJI America, but they don't do phone assistance on devices like Ronin S ...
2021-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules