Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
High altitude WX balloon NM
798 4 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Caspers driver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4540515 ft

Nice blue skies today and light winds today. I was out flying the inspire Pro with 45mm Lens when I spotted this WX balloon headed up. It was launched from Ft. Sumner, NM. That made balloon about 70~ish miles away. Still pretty low, as it will swell as it rises.
Anyway, here is (hopefully) a no messed with short video and a photo of it. I’d got closer but was low on battery.

“And naturally the upload link doesn’t work “ grrrr!
2018-9-22
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4

Video won’t upload, so just this (maybe?)

Also a couple of links telling about the balloons. “Huge!!”

https://www.weather.gov/abq/highaltitudeballoon2018

http://stratocat.com.ar/bases/26e.htm
2018-9-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome clarity   
2018-9-23
Use props
Caspers driver
lvl.4

Yes, a low pressure system from Baja had just rolled through with lots of wind and rain. Sure left a wonderful cleared sky as it left.
People were calling news stations and police from well over 100 miles away, especially after dark when it glowed from sun shine long after dark. “Is that a space craft or what?”   lol
2018-9-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Caspers driver Posted at 2018-9-23 10:50
Yes, a low pressure system from Baja had just rolled through with lots of wind and rain. Sure left a wonderful cleared sky as it left.
People were calling news stations and police from well over 100 miles away, especially after dark when it glowed from sun shine long after dark. “Is that a space craft or what?”   lol

Hahaha - definitely left a stunning sky in it's wake.
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules