13443 47 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arsenico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392920 ft
Spain

Hi mates.

I'm a little worried about something that has happened to me already twice.

the first time was yesterday and it was the worst. I  was flying in the field that I usually go to and I have never had any  signal problems either with the inspire nor with the mavic 2 Pro.

It had just taken off and was about 40 meters high and about 400 meters away. The aircraft was behind some trees and had no visual contact with it.

And suddenly I see a red error in the app. "the aircraft has been disconnected".
become  panic and immediately press the button RTH of the control but did not  perceive the typical sound of the propellers when you change direction  or accelerate.

So I started thinking scared if I had set the RTH in case of signal loss or if I had put enough height in the RTH

It was a small nightmare but I finally saw it appear above the trees and land by itself
in the app I was still marking the error and I did not see an image as if the aircraft was disconnected.

The second time has been today.
I  spent more time playing with the app and had not taken off even when  the error "aircraft disconnected" came out again this time I had it in  front of me and of course It was not disconnected, It was flashing the  leds in front of me.

I had the last firmware since the first day so i cant say it dont hapend whit the other.
The only thing that I have different from the previous days was the iphone app that I had updated.
I do not know if it was for this reason ...

Has it happened to anyone else with this version of the ios aapp or with the previous one?

2018-9-22
Use props
SparkCoffey
lvl.2
  • >>>

I few my m2z successfully in morning with DJI goggles and controller with iPhone. No troubles. Later in day I flew again and it said I had inconsistent firmware. I updated it successfully. I flew once without issue. I swapped battery and flew again . While flying my phone said I was disconnected. iPhone 6plus. From that point forward, I cannot fly with my controller and phone. The controller seems happy, but the phone just disconnects after a few seconds. Go keeps wanting me to sync the controller, it did not help.
2018-9-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You should always keep the AC in LOS so in case you get disconnected you can still return the AC HOME. Always do a check on your status, RTH height, sensor setting, check the battery cell, IMU, COMPASS etc before any flight.
2018-9-22
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Respectfully: what does LOS has to do with answering his immediate question?
2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

M Stuart K Posted at 2018-9-23 04:51

Nothing in my opinion
2018-9-23
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

M Stuart K Posted at 2018-9-23 04:51

It is relevant, if you can see the drone so can the RC.
Op indicated he was behind some trees, so that can have an impact. Please don't make this into another tread what is right and wrong, in many places, line of sight is the rule to be followed.
2018-9-23
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

dronist Posted at 2018-9-22 22:04
You should always keep the AC in LOS so in case you get disconnected you can still return the AC HOME. Always do a check on your status, RTH height, sensor setting, check the battery cell, IMU, COMPASS etc before any flight.

Sorry, maybe I'm missing some more information.
Actually when I disconnected I became very nervous and the first thing I thought was that it could be because of some pilot error. I am in the habit of following all those good advice that you have given me, but at that moment I thought that perhaps the configuration was deleted when updating the app.
But after checking that everything was correct, even calibrate the compass but not requested by the aircraft.
But I am clear that it is a failure of the device. I wanted to know something more about why it occurs
2018-9-23
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

error post
2018-9-23
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-9-23 05:20
Op indicated he was behind some trees, so that can have an impact. Please don't make this into another tread what is right and wrong, in many places, line of sight is the rule to be followed.

I have to specify is a single row of trees and you could practically see the drone. It's also where I fly 90 percent of the time. It is a private land far from the city. I have never had any interference and I did not notice that the video signal was lost, as it usually happens.
It's just like when you turn off the aircraft, you stop seeing the camera and you get a "disconnected aircraft" message.
2018-9-23
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

Hello again and thanks everyone for commenting.
It happened again two more times, but this time I did not get nervous and I was able to check something else.
My conclusion to 80 percent is that it is the update of the app. What would not be so bad news. It would be a matter of waiting for another.
What has me intrigued and worried is that it has not happened to anyone else and that would be a problem of my staff then.

This is what has happenedtoday again twice. The first time again without taking off and I took the opportunity to close the app and open it again. When I opened it again, the image of the camera was there as if nothing had happened and of course the aircraft appeared as connected. For this reason and why it happens to me since the update, I am almost convinced that it is the app.

Since then I have not dared to fly more than 10 m from me in case it happened again. although now I already knew how to solve it.
But of course, you can not fly like this.

Well, being less than 4 meters from me and two meters high, the image of the camera disappears again and the message of the disconnected aircraft appears again.
The aircraft has been floating as if nothing except for the LEDs with the signal disconnected. As the situation was controlled I decided to lightly touch one of the josticks if he answered, and if he answered. The ship still receives signal from the remote but in the app it appears as disconnected aircraft.

At the moment im going to uninstall the app and install it again to see what happens.

Something else occurs to them.

Thank you all and apologies for my English
2018-9-23
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

You say the app disconnected, how about the controller?   Try switching the cable from the remote to the phone.... could be a dry joint.. process of elimination   
2018-9-23
Use props
simis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
United Kingdom

Arsenico Posted at 2018-9-23 13:22
I have to specify is a single row of trees and you could practically see the drone. It's also where I fly 90 percent of the time. It is a private land far from the city. I have never had any interference and I did not notice that the video signal was lost, as it usually happens.
It's just like when you turn off the aircraft, you stop seeing the camera and you get a "disconnected aircraft" message.

Which USB port on controller  you use?
2018-9-23
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

simis Posted at 2018-9-23 13:45
Which USB port on controller  you use?

I use a iphone8 and i use the wire that comes in the controller. The one you have to take out to charge the controler
2018-9-23
Use props
simis
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Try standard USB in middle, may be that will sort it
2018-9-23
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

Sky Donkey Posted at 2018-9-23 13:45
You say the app disconnected, how about the controller?   Try switching the cable from the remote to the phone.... could be a dry joint.. process of elimination

It usualy hapends at  10 or 15 min before i put on the aircraft .

I will chek switching the cable. Thanks
2018-9-23
Use props
simis
Second Officer
United Kingdom

U r welcome!
2018-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Arsenico Posted at 2018-9-23 13:42
Hello again and thanks everyone for commenting.
It happened again two more times, but this time I did not get nervous and I was able to check something else.
My conclusion to 80 percent is that it is the update of the app. What would not be so bad news. It would be a matter of waiting for another.

Would you mind posting one of your flightrecords where these disconnects report by the app have happened? I am on Android and therefore cannot say if the app update might be the cause. But your flightrecords would show if your RC really got disconnected or not. If you wish so, you may upload one to this site and share the link with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-9-23
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-23 13:52
Would you mind posting one of your flightrecords where these disconnects report by the app have happened? I am on Android and therefore cannot say if the app update might be the cause. But your flightrecords would show if your RC really got disconnected or not. If you wish so, you may upload one to this site and share the link with us: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

YES,  of course.
I have the first time it happened to me.
In those that do not get to take off, nothing was recorded
And the one that I flew today I have not managed to get it out.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RLP0OEXMMWIQM3HD8T64/#

Is this link enough?

How do I share it?
2018-9-23
Use props
simis
Second Officer
United Kingdom

There is no error messages in log, so it is cable connection controller phone
2018-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Arsenico Posted at 2018-9-23 14:00
YES,  of course.
I have the first time it happened to me.
In those that do not get to take off, nothing was recorded

This is the way to share it and the flightrecord indeed stops in the middle of the flight and unfortunately will not help to reliably identify the problem. In terms of likelyhood seeing the location and short distance of when it happened, I would tend to believe that indeed the app on your mobile device has stopped recording the flight. A connection loss between RC and your Mavic seems very unlikely in this scenario. I have had myself short connection losses at low distance but it always reconnected after few seconds and I have never had a video disconnection.
Hopefully others can tell you more than I am able to.
2018-9-23
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

Yes , i supose it stop recording  just before the disconected aircraf  message and it didnt record the RTH

Ok i will try that

2018-9-23
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810869 ft
  • >>>

Under the Aircraft status screen check the Radio Channel Quality  
2018-9-23
Use props
fans3c11d4d0
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Having the same issue with Mavic zoom using a (iphone 6s) and (iphone xr) the app always disconnects after a matter of minutes. Rc is still connected to the aircraft ok and it will reconnect without a problem after restarting the app but again will disconnect without warning. Seems to be ok on my other phone Samsung s7 but this being my second mavic due to my first deciding it wanted to fly away using android I can't trust that either
2019-1-8
Use props
parseval43
lvl.1
Germany

Hi all, same situation here. MAvic 2 Zoom not so far away, LOS, etc... iphone X and everything updated. Some flights pass 24min without any interruptions. Some may have 4-5 of them. For the moment the only solution I have is to disconnect the cable and reconnect it again. This works, but is annoying and breaks the video Im doing at that time.
2019-2-10
Use props
parseval43
lvl.1
Germany

Did you found a solution to this? I´m having the same and I dont like it at all. Any idea? Thanks!
2019-2-10
Use props
Ivan K.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11965 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I wonder how is this possible ,this is essential problem and nobody from dji staff is answering i mean i know that smart controller ist overpriced and slow selling piece but this is not the reason to make phone app worse . Dji please dont do a apple strategy on us i did not payed off my drone yet .
2019-2-11
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

If you were flying behind trees, I dont think you need to look any further for the answer. The standard antennae on the P2PRO signal will be scattered by trees. If you want to operate behind trees or other semi porous barriers, use a left hand circular or right hand circular polarized antenna, this will provide less scattering of the signal.
2019-2-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-9-23 05:20

Agree, if trees or buildings are between the RC and the drone connectivity might be lost.
2019-2-11
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-11
Use props
parseval43
lvl.1
Germany

Hi! It can not be a problem of the processor. I’ve an iPhone X which is one of the most powerful ones in market right now. It can not be this.

I’ve searched a little and the problem seems to be the bad quality of the DJI cables. Perhaps they are not correctly shielded or perhaps they are just crap and break. But all solutions I’ve seen on the web are related to the bad cable.  Sometimes setting the phone and the watch in airplane  mode helps, sometimes just changing the official cable with a better one. But is always the cable. Phone, RC, AC... everything is always fine (and that is good). I can not understand how DJI can deliver such a expensive product with such incredible features with the cheapest cables. Really bad decision.

I will try first the airplane mode in my phone and watch. If this doesn’t work then I’ll file a ticket and try to get a quality cable from DJI. If this still doesn’t work, then get my money back or resell. This is not acceptable and DJI should do something and help all of us having this problem.
2019-2-11
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-11
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-11
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Spain

Hi guys i am the OP , These is a old post. It finaly was a conexion cable problem as the partner Simis    told me.

I havent fly too much since thats days, but i use to check carefuly the phone conexion cable so thats why i though  that was the problem because it didnt hapend again.

PD: The trees wasnt the problem as i say they arent close each other to interfere the signal or the complete view of the aircraft . And as i say it hapends again moretimes  with the aircraft just in front of me.
The original cable in the leg of the control is nice but its hard to see if its goes in until the end.
The best solution is to use an external cable. even that i still using the original with a double check
2019-2-11
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-11 09:47
Yes, that would appear to be the easy answer but multiple people including me are having this problem. Your input is appreciated but only addresses one case. Probably not the real problem. Mine has disconnected when less that 50 feet away perfectly in sight and on a mountain with no interference. Something else is happening.

I would like to throw out this possibility. DJI needs to update their supported devices list. I don't think any have been eliminated since Go 4 was released. They have that list because some processors are not powerful enough to run the software.

I run my M2Pro on an ipad air 2 , 64 gig, and it works faultlessly, through the bottom usb connection. I know the side connector has a reputation for flakiness, I certainly wouldnt recommend using any other port than the lower usb port and a good power/data usb cable
2019-2-12
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2019-2-12
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Have a look, especially if you are getting "aircraft disconnect" error in the go4 app. solved all my problems with my MA.

2019-2-12
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-12
Use props
djiuser_73o8Mse5lquV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 444734 ft
Bangladesh

Today I flew mavic 2 pro just 4-5 minutes and it suddenly got disconnected...  it returned to home safely... but after that  the controller is just showing "connecting".  It remains disconnected in go4 app and charge my phone only. I have changed the side cable and tried bottom cable also. Refreshed firmware using DJI Assistant 2 but nothing happened. Tried different phone also but no luck.... The controller neither connect to aircraft nor to phone...Please help me...
IMG20190219142444.jpg
2019-2-19
Use props
TrueNorthWilds
New

Canada

Has anyone figured out what is going on here?

I am having the same problem right now with my Mavic Pro Platinum where every 20-30 seconds the phone disconnects.
The RC stays connected and I can fly it still, and the phone reconnects within 3-5 seconds. It is very annoying.

This happens even if I am not flying and just sitting with the drone in front of me so I know it is not being interefered with by trees or anything else like that.

My phone is a huawei p20 so it's easily powerful enough to handle the app. The app works fine other than the disconnects.

I have also tried both the included cable that plus into the side of the RC as well as a high quality USB cable that plugs into the bottom of the RC and the issue is the same regardless.

help
2019-2-19
Use props
djiuser_4DAJht8kvPQC
lvl.1

United States

I've also experienced the "aircraft disconnect" message during flight using the intelligent controller. The screen literally "froze", but I noticed the aircraft still responded to stick control. It was only a short distance away and at a low altitude. The aircraft was successfully landed. The craft was flown the next day with no problem. It was a scare!
2020-9-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules