Mavic 2 Pro AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED during a fly
13449 47 2018-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0TVMn2eQwDhw
lvl.1

United States

I have a smart controller and it happened to me with drone 20 meters out and in sight?????
2020-9-13
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

SparkCoffey Posted at 2018-9-22 15:16
I few my m2z successfully in morning with DJI goggles and controller with iPhone. No troubles. Later in day I flew again and it said I had inconsistent firmware. I updated it successfully. I flew once without issue. I swapped battery and flew again . While flying my phone said I was disconnected. iPhone 6plus. From that point forward, I cannot fly with my controller and phone. The controller seems happy, but the phone just disconnects after a few seconds. Go keeps wanting me to sync the controller, it did not help.

dont worry about disconnections. The drone will fly back to its home location within few seconds of disconnection.
2020-9-15
Use props
darbk
New
Flight distance : 93484 ft
United Kingdom

Having similar problems - drone constantly disconnecting from remote mid flight. Tried resetting remote, update the app, recalibrating the drone. What else is it?
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_h42PCDkR89Hr
New

Nigeria

Please my mavic 2pro keeps show "connecting" forever on my RC and " aircraft disconnected" on my mobile device
Please what could be the cause??
And I need an urgent solution
2022-4-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_h42PCDkR89Hr Posted at 4-14 16:39
Please my mavic 2pro keeps show "connecting" forever on my RC and " aircraft disconnected" on my mobile device
Please what could be the cause??
And I need an urgent solution

Have you tried either of the linking procedures?
2022-4-14
Use props
scotty2541
New

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-14 17:56
Have you tried either of the linking procedures?

Anything new on this topic?
I've been using my Pro2 for a couple years with no complaints.
Now I updated the smart controller to 1.04.0064, and the aircraft is 1.00.0770, and first time out, I set up to hover about 100 feet away (80 up, 20 to the side).  After 10 minutes I pressed the "Stop Record" button and got a "Aircraft Disconnected" and frozen video screen.  It did  NOT return to home.
But I was able to control it visually.

I landed it, and restarted my controller (I not my smart phone, I use their smart controller).  And after the program restarted, I reconnected.

I want to say it's related to the firmware update, but I don't know.
I can downgrade the aircraft to 1.00.0670.  However the smartcontroller doesn't show any downgrade options.

(What are the "linking" procedures?   The app connects when it starts up, so it already knows how to find and talk to the aircraft.)
-Scotty
2022-7-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With regards to linking have a look at

With regards to your flight, if you where able to control the drone with the controller then the controller had not disconnected from the drone. I do not know what the message related to but since the drone and controller where NOT disconnected the drone would have no reason to RTH........but, and assuming there is one, pressing the RTH button on the controller would have initiated an RTH.

HOWEVER and just in case there was a momentary disconnection, I would suggest you check the setting of "RC Signal Lost"/"Failsafe" option in the advanced-section? of the quad-copter-symbol? menu, it should be RTH or similar wording and NOT hover/land. That's using an RC1A controller and a phone but the phone's battery has died so I can't check that the menu location is correct nor the precise wording of the options.

You might be able to check the wording of the message by replaying the flight in the flight-records section of "Me" or "Profile" on the front page of the App. Alternatively go to and read the instructions on https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ to retrieve the flight log, then upload the flight log to that page and post the resulting link here.

With regards to problems stemming from up dating I can not help. I do not update as a rule but the updates I have don't have been via the appropriate assistant 2 and a windows computer with a wired connection to the www and were trouble free.   If the problem persists I would roll the firmware back but use the appropriate Assistant 2  etc. (if you can), it takes wifi out of the process.
2022-7-18
Use props
fansfff9427b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3069288 ft
United States

Yes 2 all getting disconnected in flight flying my magic 2 zoom,I have had my aircraft since 2020 & purchase dji smart controller 2021 and I never hade a problem like that until this year which is 2022 ,scared the flight out of me how to fix been flying drone since 2018
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules