Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mothballed Phantom 2 + Lightbridge and stopped flying for now
893 3 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eric.wik
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

I mothballed my Phantom 2 + Lightbridge setup today after the latest upgrade of the ground unit decoder to 1.4.8 has caused the Lightbridge unit to stop transmitting.  This was the last straw for me on a poorly thought out product line and support (lack of Mac Support, an iOS app release and then taking the iOS app off, malfunctioning firmware, etc, etc).  While I appreciate these products are on the 'bleeding' edge , its becoming apparent that DJI are releasing products , software, and firmware that has not been adequately tested and is not ready for market. The inability to revert back to a previous release makes it even more frustrating. The lack of clear communication and support from DJI leaves customers spending endless hours on forums trying to figure out fixes from so called "experts" without any guidance or direction from the company's technical support.
2015-5-30
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

From what I've read from , as you say "so called experts" (a bit condescending IMHO), you can in fact revert the firmware version by downloading previous version software...

I have taken aboard some good advice from many a person here which has helped me immensely, so I wouldn't call people "so called" when they obviously have the experience, be it by profession or trial and error...

Maybe you should search the forums and take on said advice before coming here just to whine about everything and everyone?
2015-5-31
Use props
eric.wik
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

BazzaVMC Posted at 2015-5-31 16:25
From what I've read from , as you say "so called experts" (a bit condescending IMHO), you can in fac ...

Intent was not to be condescending. Its hard to tell who is an expert and who is not. I have got
good advice and bad advice (messed up a Gimbal). The point is that there should be an official communication from DJI on key technical issues and guidance given to customers as with other
complex products that are sold.

I appreciate that technology moves on and was thinking of getting an Inspire 1, but after reading about
all the flyaways (with once again no statement or communication from DJI), decided against it. Its a wonderful new hobby and I am a supporter of DJI for making the technology accessible but its becoming increasingly a dangerous one where people are going to get injured and regulators will start to "regulate". If these failure rates and issues occur in general aviation, manufacturers and operators will be " grounded". We should know what the issues are and have a reasonable degree of confidence that the aircraft will operate as intended or else be advised to ground the aircraft until it is safe to fly without having to rely on the trials and tribulations of others and their diagnosis of the issues (always welcome), but not the way to support such a complex and potentially lethal product.
2015-5-31
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

eric.wik@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-31 16:58
Intent was not to be condescending. Its hard to tell who is an expert and who is not. I have got
g ...

I must agree on the lack of DJI input to this forum.  It would seem to be a lack of interest once you've paid out on the equipment.  I see plenty of people on youtube sucking up to them to get freebies, but nobody asking them direct about the question of support.

We do get some good help on here if you can take it in.
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules