12Next >
3416 59 2018-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Hi to everybody I need one set of ND filters and I am trying to understand which is the best set for me. I think I'll need also the 16 and the 32 because I'll make some video with snow next winter. I don't find any reviews about the Pgytech but I saw they are selling a set with 4/8/16/32 for M2P at 70 bucks. Is there someone that can say something about this set and this brand?

Thanks for every help to choose.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. You may also check out our DJI ND filters in our website. Thank you.

Mavic 2 Pro ND Filters Set
2018-9-23
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi there,
bought a set 8PL/16PL/32PL/64PL (~69€ at Amaz...) but unfortunately they are still on their way (slow China post).
I will come back to you when they arrived and have been tested.
But in general I can tell you from my experience that products from PGYTECH are of high standards and very well designed and crafted. So I assume that this will apply to their ND filters as well but more information later on.
So far - Ciao
2018-9-23
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-23 06:05
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. You may also check out our DJI ND filters in our website. Thank you.

Price increase made the DJI ND Filters an unrealistic purchase.

Other vendors have better selection(s) at a much lower price point.

Sorry DJI
2018-9-23
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-23 07:11
Hi, we do welcome your thoughts and comments. Have a safe flight always.

wouldnt be so bad if we could use the select vouchers to buy them with at least some of us might get our monies worth from Select!
2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-23 06:05

Thanks Gamora. I know that I can find DJI filters in the store but I can't use my coupons with noone of M2P accessory and the price of filters grew up. I think DJI with m2p is using people like milk cows and I don't want to became DJI's  wallet.
2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

JoeMavicDHH Posted at 2018-9-23 06:08
Hi there,
bought a set 8PL/16PL/32PL/64PL (~69€ at Amaz...) but unfortunately they are still on their way (slow China post).
I will come back to you when they arrived and have been tested.

Ciao JoeMavicDHH e grazie.

I'll wait for your review

Can I ask you why you choose the polarized version?
2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-23 06:59
Price increase made the DJI ND Filters an unrealistic purchase.

Other vendors have better selection(s) at a much lower price point.

Thanks geoffz I agree you I can't pay 109 euros for a set.
2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

Schmooit Posted at 2018-9-23 07:27
wouldnt be so bad if we could use the select vouchers to buy them with at least some of us might get our monies worth from Select!

When I did the dji select I can't imagine that vouchers will be useless for M2P. I find unfair this way of doing.
2018-9-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Mine haven't shipped from China yet. Ordered on the 5th I think.
2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-23 09:36
Mine haven't shipped from China yet. Ordered on the 5th I think.

Please tell me something when you'll try them

Thanks
2018-9-23
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have purchased some cheep and some high price, Yes you can tell some difference,  but you need to be looking for that distinctive difference.  But the only thing I recommend is polarized filters. Especially if you are going to be filming in snow conditions
2018-9-23
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I always keep a clear polarized filter on all my drones DJI or not.
2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

Z-Zoom Posted at 2018-9-23 09:39
I have purchased some cheep and some high price, Yes you can tell some difference,  but you need to be looking for that distinctive difference.  But the only thing I recommend is polarized filters. Especially if you are going to be filming in snow conditions

Thank you very much. You told me a very important thing with think about.... polarized filters... I thought that they are better with water. May be a need to study a little more.
2018-9-23
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

Z-Zoom Posted at 2018-9-23 09:41
I always keep a clear polarized filter on all my drones DJI or not.

what is a "clear" polarizer ?
2018-9-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Thriller Posted at 2018-9-23 09:46
Thank you very much. You told me a very important thing with think about.... polarized filters... I thought that they are better with water. May be a need to study a little more.

Got the nd/pl but forgot this drone has a square lens! Maybe flip it upside down or something
2018-9-23
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Thriller Posted at 2018-9-23 09:27
Ciao JoeMavicDHH e grazie.

I'll wait for your review

I'm shooting a lot in the mediterranian, especially Corse, and I've been said that polarized filters preferably being used for lake, sea and beach shooting and you may get crisper takes with less of reflections and glare. So far I only had ordinary ND filters for my MP/MPP, also from PGYTECH. They were absolutely satisfying. Ciao - Joe
2018-9-23
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-23 09:52
Got the nd/pl but forgot this drone has a square lens! Maybe flip it upside down or something

I find the problem with using a Polarizer is you're constantly changing direction/angles to the sun.  

If you set it to work in one direction its not effective when you turn or change directions.

A polarizer has very specific uses and should be used accordingly.
2018-9-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-23 10:51
I find the problem with using a Polarizer is you're constantly changing direction/angles to the sun.  

If you set it to work in one direction its not effective when you turn or change directions.

Yeah I use nd on my mp, the cpl filter is kind of useless in the air.. I forgot this one isn't even adjustable. If I want reflections off the water and not getting any, supposed to flip it? I should have gone with nd like my mp1
2018-9-23
Use props
Mark1971
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95725 ft
United Kingdom

What annoyed me was that the DJI ND Filters went up in  price before we had the chance to buy them !!!!
They didn't even give us a chance at the original price...

That really wasn't on DJI

I ended up purcahding some PGYTECH ND Filters from amazon for nearly half the price of DJI's
I look forward to them arriving tomorrow and then testing
2018-9-23
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Mark1971 Posted at 2018-9-23 11:03
What annoyed me was that the DJI ND Filters went up in  price before we had the chance to buy them !!!!
They didn't even give us a chance at the original price...

Fingers crossed yours arrive in time. Mine appeared to be shipped from China. As otherwise announced from Amazon (respectively the seller) of course they didn't make it 3 days and are still pending. It the meantime they claimed the shipping lost and sent it a second time. And mentioning the price politics of DJI, I'm pi..ed as well, even more 'cause they don't accept the bloody coupons for M2 stuff - obviously no need for them.
Cheers - Joe

2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-23
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thriller Posted at 2018-9-23 09:34
When I did the dji select I can't imagine that vouchers will be useless for M2P. I find unfair this way of doing.

same here! im struggling to find a reason why i paid for select, it only seems to be worth while if you have older tech!
2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-23 11:48
There are no clear polarizer filters... obviously you are confused and you’re giving wrong advices to others. Polarized filters are extremely difficult to use while flying. The polarization effect only works properly at 90 degrees with relation to the sun. Unfortunately we do not fly in only one direction. Other drawbacks are dark patterns in the sky for the same reasons.

Pgytech offers non-rotating filters, those are using an “average” polarization effect that works even worse than the adjustable ones.

Thanks El Diablo. I think to be a little bit confused

I think I'll wait some tests but the polarized version does not seem to me  too like a good choice because the srectangular lens.
2018-9-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

There are no clear polarizer filters... obviously you are confused and you’re giving wrong advices to others. Polarized filters are extremely difficult to use while flying. The polarization effect only works properly at 90 degrees with relation to the sun. Unfortunately we do not fly in only one direction. Other drawbacks are dark patterns in the sky for the same reasons.

Pgytech offers non-rotating filters, those are using an “average” polarization effect that works even worse than the adjustable ones.

Yeah just ordered some nd 4-16 on amazon, I never really used 16 or 32 even on really sunny days. Asked the ebay seller to cancel the pl nd. I doubt he will, it's always a pain even if they haven't shipped them.

I dunno why I didn't think of the square housing Good topic by the op, might have a chance to get my money back!
2018-9-23
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CPL is for ( Clear Polarized lens ) https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 8_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It still has a light tint but is called CPL  

2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-23
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-23 09:52
what is a "clear" polarizer ?

CLP (Clear Polorize Lens)  It still has a light tint but is called CPL  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-9-23
Use props
simis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405102 ft
United Kingdom

Enough trolling  DO YOUR HOMEWORK
2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-23 14:30
PolarPro is making adjustable ND filters for the Mavic 2 Pro. However I wouldn’t use them until feeling comfortable with the drone, one less thing to think about ;)

Thanks. Do you think I need to use automatic exposure? Because in manual without a filter I can't keep the shutter near to 50/60/80 but to avoid overexposure I must go much higher.
2018-9-23
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

PolarPro is making adjustable ND filters for the Mavic 2 Pro. However I wouldn’t use them until feeling comfortable with the drone, one less thing to think about ;)

I got a shipment confirmation for these yesterday. Very happy that they are finally in transit
2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-23
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

El Diablo Posted at 2018-9-23 23:28
Without any ND filter unfortunately you will need to use a higher shutter speed. You must avoid at all cost f/8 to f/11, it softens the image incredibly...

The higher shutter speed will often produce a "choppy" image. You can mitigate this by moving very, very slow (Tripood mode) but you will still get a final product that will look closer to a Sony HandyCam than a Cinema movie. Of course you can shoot during the Golden hour (sunrise / sunset) to use a wider aperture (f/4 to f/5.6).

Ah ok... you are right on everything. I tried all things you said and I understood I need filters to make something good but at the end which set you are waiting for?
2018-9-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

PolarPro is making adjustable ND filters for the Mavic 2 Pro. However I wouldn’t use them until feeling comfortable with the drone, one less thing to think about ;)

That's nice The pp are available 28th it says
2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-9-23
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany