1023 3 2018-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
opentoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a pair of RE goggles last year and they work great, but they ALWAYS cut out on any long distance flights. I basically stopped using them if I know I'm going to fly far from where I am. Is this a commom problem or flaw with these expensive goggles? I slap on the antenna and that's basically it. Should I wrap myself in tin foil or something?

2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi opentoe, may I know which drone do you use? What's the estimated distance and altitude when the Goggles disconnected? Please kindly provide us with the aircraft and goggles version number, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-9-25
Use props
opentoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-25 01:40
Hi opentoe, may I know which drone do you use? What's the estimated distance and altitude when the Goggles disconnected? Please kindly provide us with the aircraft and goggles version number, we'd like to check the exact status.

I would think about 1 and no more then 2 miles the disconnect(s) and drops will start to happen. Usually flying around 200 feet or less.  The only thing between me and goggles are usually just big pine trees since I live in South New Jersey. No large/big power lines that I can see anywhere, at least with my eyes. Using the latest firmware that was flash successfully with the 1.2.4 RE Goggle software. I use the screw in antenna that comes with it and also tried the second antenna  as well. What is the goggle version number? All I have is a serial number on the side which is:
0NSDEC20030478. If there is a version number somewhere else just let me know and I'll check it out. Thanks.

There is also another user on here that has the same problem, but I will have to let him decide if he's going to post about it or not.

This setup is all on the Mavic Pro 2 drone, using the latest firmware. If you want or need anything specific, let me know. I'll need to find a large open field since I don't want to get stuck in any trees if the disconnect  happens. Last time it happened I was probably half mile away with just all trees and connection never recovered but the bird did land software. Thanks!
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

opentoe@gmail.com Posted at 2018-9-30 08:38
I would think about 1 and no more then 2 miles the disconnect(s) and drops will start to happen. Usually flying around 200 feet or less.  The only thing between me and goggles are usually just big pine trees since I live in South New Jersey. No large/big power lines that I can see anywhere, at least with my eyes. Using the latest firmware that was flash successfully with the 1.2.4 RE Goggle software. I use the screw in antenna that comes with it and also tried the second antenna  as well. What is the goggle version number? All I have is a serial number on the side which is:
0NSDEC20030478. If there is a version number somewhere else just let me know and I'll check it out. Thanks.

Sorry for the late response as I just come back from the holiday. Currently, the latest firmware of Goggles RE is v1.0.7.0, you may connect with DJI Assistant 2 to check the version number.

Also, I notice that there is an icon of Mavic Pro in your Avatar, so the drone we discussed here is Mavic Pro, right? If yes, you are recommended to change to another open field to check, and keep the screenshots when the issue appears, we'd like to forward to our engineers to verify.
2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules