OTG quite working
723 5 2018-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRLExpress
lvl.1
United States

Been flying for about a month using OTG the whole time. last week went to fly and the tablet would not connect. Same tablet, cable, same everything. Tried 3 different dongles.
Anybody got any ideas for this non-techy?
Thanks
Doug
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to ask if you already updated the firmware of your aircraft to its latest version? If yes, then it is maybe the tablet you are currently using is not fully supported to run the app. I will be posting some of the lists of the mobile phones/ tablet that are currently suggested by our engineers. Hope this helps.

2018-9-23
Use props
DRLExpress
lvl.1
United States

Its the same tablet I have been using since I got the spark.  Yes, latest firmware.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DRLExpress Posted at 2018-9-23 13:02
Its the same tablet I have been using since I got the spark.  Yes, latest firmware.

Hi, would it be possible to uninstall and reinstall the app? But make sure to back up first all your photos and videos before doing so. If the tablet you are currently using is not on the list, then that would be the reason why it is not up and running now after the update. Some of the features in its latest version of the app may not be supported if it's not on the list of the tablet mentioned. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi,
I had the same problem a few weeks back.
Try the following:

Everything OFF (including the tablet)

1 - turn the tablet ON, set it on airplane mode.
2 - turn the spark ON
3 - turn the controller ON
4 - wait for green led on controller
5 - connect micro USB OTG cable to controller
6 - connect micro USB cable to the spark
7 - start the DJI GO4 App
Within a few seconds the GO fly message should show.
In my experience, once you made the initial connection, it doesn't matter anymore if the tablet is on airplane mode or not.

Good luck.
2018-9-24
Use props
DRLExpress
lvl.1
United States

ssylca44,
Thanks, did you mean to say tablet instead of spark in step "6" ?  Anyway worked first try on my desk. Will fly later today.

Thanks again
Doug
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules