Controller Error's and Disconnects
1157 19 2018-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
56 Ford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 231604 ft
United States

I have the new Mavic 2 Zoom.  Really a very nice drone. Love the features, but I am having lots of controller errors and disconnects using my Samsung 7 Edge Phone. Some times it will work fine other times not. Is it a Android issue with the 7 Edge? I have refreshed the controller numberous times using the DJI Assistant 2 and that seems to work some times. Do I have to go the dark side and by a Apple Iphone?   It is very disconcerting when these errors happen. I am so thankful for the RTH feature or other wise my drone would be gone.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding your concern have you tried using the bottom port from the remote and using a normal USB cable for your phone and also try to use a different mobile device or try to borrow on just to isolate the issue.
2018-9-23
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-23 13:52
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding your concern have you tried using the bottom port from the remote and using a normal USB cable for your phone and also try to use a different mobile device or try to borrow on just to isolate the issue.

Thank you for that reply Stephen. No I have not tried using the bottom USB port. Frankly was unaware it was there. My wife has the same 7 Edge and I get same results from it as well. I will give bottom port a try and see what happens.
2018-9-23
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

56 Ford Posted at 2018-9-23 14:05
Thank you for that reply Stephen. No I have not tried using the bottom USB port. Frankly was unaware it was there. My wife has the same 7 Edge and I get same results from it as well. I will give bottom port a try and see what happens.

Stephen could there be an issue with small USB port and cable?
2018-9-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try using the main USB port and see if the issue persists
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

56 Ford Posted at 2018-9-23 14:05

Ok, please keep us posted whenever you are able to try it, just to give you an idea if you receiving the Disconnected in gray on the App meaning of that the Mobile device is disconnecting from the remote.
2018-9-23
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sadly I had the same issues with all my Samsung devices. A forum member suggested an iPad mini 4 and after 6 months use of the iPad not a single issue. Yes it is an additional cost but worth the stress free flying experience. Hope you find an answer to suit your needs and happy flying.
2018-9-23
Use props
TouteUneImage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6358 ft

Hello,
I have noticed the same behavior with my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm using an HTC U Play with Android 6 connected to port on the left.
I only had 1 fligth without disconnexion...
I was wondering if the phone was the root cause also. I will try the suggestions posted here.

By waiting, do you know if there is a way to check if it's due to the controller or the phone connexion?
2018-9-23
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

Thank you all for your replies. Stephen yours and others suggestion to use the bottom USB port on the Controller seems to have helped my controller errors and disconnections .  I have flown about 6 hours or so without any further problems at this point.  Working on the Active Track issues now Some times it works other times it doesn't
2018-9-25
Use props
Chesh
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am having exactly the same disconnect problems on a Mavic 2 pro controller. I think the flat DJI micro usb to USBC cable is the problem.
2018-9-25
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

When DJI comes out with their new controller with a 5.5 inch high bright screen it will eliminate the need for that cable.
2018-9-25
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-25 14:25
When DJI comes out with their new controller with a 5.5 inch high bright screen it will eliminate the need for that cable.

How imminent is the integrated screen?

John
2018-9-25
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-25 14:25

I wonder when that will be. Larger screen and no cables would sure be nice. I assume it will be some thing like a blue tooth connection
2018-9-25
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft

56 Ford Posted at 2018-9-25 09:58
Thank you all for your replies. Stephen yours and others suggestion to use the bottom USB port on the Controller seems to have helped my controller errors and disconnections .  I have flown about 6 hours or so without any further problems at this point.  Working on the Active Track issues now  Some times it works other times it doesn't

Had the exact same problem. Using an S7 Edge and getting RC disconnects like crazy on my M2 Zoom thinking I was going to have to invest in an iPhone.  Tried the bottom USB port today and ditched the tiny cable.  Flew 6 straight batteries down to 20% with no disconnects......before, I was getting about 2 disconnects per battery.....
2018-10-4
Use props
56 Ford
lvl.3
United States

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-4 16:35
Had the exact same problem. Using an S7 Edge and getting RC disconnects like crazy on my M2 Zoom thinking I was going to have to invest in an iPhone.  Tried the bottom USB port today and ditched the tiny cable.  Flew 6 straight batteries down to 20% with no disconnects......before, I was getting about 2 disconnects per battery.....

I haven't had any more disconnects using the bottom USB port on the controller., However I have had my phone go black screen several times and I am thinking it might be the phone. It is 2 years old and probably ready for a new one. Another issue I am having with my 7Edge is when I enter the 'dJI app the screen goes 180 degrees some times and I have a hard getting it to flip back up. The settings on the phone are right and I wondering it might be the DJI app. I may delete it and reload it and see what happens.  
2018-10-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

It’s just the horrible Android version of the app. I used it for 2 years and now have an iPad Pro 10.5. I don’t have issues now. “Aircraft Disconnected” definitely sucks. Also the huge iPad screen helps me nail my settings easier, especially with 1080 Ocusync 2. It’s very noticeable on the iPad
2018-10-4
Use props
DevonFarm
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know if the mavic 2 zoom has any pixel issues on apple - I am going to have to return my diji mavic pro platinum as i can't fly due to pixel problems on every device i try from droid to apple i will pay the difference for the 2 zoom if someone can plesae confirm no issues with the display thanks in advance
2018-10-4
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

56 Ford Posted at 2018-9-25 09:58
Thank you all for your replies. Stephen yours and others suggestion to use the bottom USB port on the Controller seems to have helped my controller errors and disconnections .  I have flown about 6 hours or so without any further problems at this point.  Working on the Active Track issues now  Some times it works other times it doesn't

Hey mate,

In that case change cables and go back to the normal port and see how it goes.. I had several issues until I realised it was the cable...
2018-10-4
Use props
TouteUneImage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6358 ft
Guadeloupe

Hi guys,
Just a quick feedback about my issues. You got it, it was the cable.
Nevertheless, sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes no. I am now using the bottom usb port and everything works fine.

Thank you.
2018-10-5
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

No problems zoom and galaxy s9+..... just think the s7 edge is to slow nowadays the app is very taxing.
2018-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules