Spark Suggestion
1148 14 2018-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft

Took the Spark out this weekend and tried my hand at Sport Mode.It definitely adds a lot more zip to the drone but it was very difficult to control smoothly.
I liked the bump in speed while panning across an area but for turns, rotations and the sort the video was jumpy.

I'm curious if DJI could add an intermediate speed to things. Something between Sport and Standard speeds?
Something that could help get to elevation quicker or pan across an area quicker, but not sacrifice stability when you rotate or turn the Spark.

If not, any tips on using Sport Mode and maintaining a level of stability?
2018-9-23
Use props
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Disable Spark obstacle avoidance and you will have mid speed.
2018-9-23
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

62+ Posted at 2018-9-23 22:48
Disable Spark obstacle avoidance and you will have mid speed.

Thanks for the tip
2018-9-23
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m also not happy with the camera tilting when going sports mode.
The solution is to get a mavic, those have 3 axis gimble and don’t experience this issue

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good suggestion - same thing happens on the MA but not the MP.
2018-9-24
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168658 ft

Thanks for the tip.
I guess at 350-400 feet obstacle avoidance isn't a necessity.
I just need to remember to turn it back on when I get down around tree level.

The Mavic is an interesting option but I need it in red.
Then I can sneak it into the house and hope my wife doesn't notice the difference.
2018-9-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

A CW Posted at 2018-9-24 03:18
Good suggestion - same thing happens on the MA but not the MP.

NOOO, I was told that all 3 mavics don’t have the camera tilting issue when going in sports mode.
That’s a real shame and if it’s true then I guess that cancels out my future plans to get a mavic airand I’ll go for a Mavic Pro instead.
I want to be able to go in sports mode and do not experience this issue, as it just ruins my footage

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-24 11:38
NOOO, I was told that all 3 mavics don’t have the camera tilting issue when going in sports mode.
That’s a real shame  and if it’s true then I guess that cancels out my future plans to get a mavic airand I’ll go for a Mavic Pro instead.
I want to be able to go in sports mode and do not experience this issue, as it just ruins my footage

MA is designed to do it so if that is something you do not want then definitely go for the Mavic Pro
2018-9-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

A CW Posted at 2018-9-24 11:41
MA is designed to do it so if that is something you do not want then definitely go for the Mavic Pro

Thanks, well now I know for sure which mavic to purchase, I had many doubts before.
But that issue is a deal breaker for me. I don’t like it and people always comment on that.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-24
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Obstacle Avoidance off.... as others have mentioned.

I have been flying this way a great deal lately... a workable combo of stability and improved speed.  I live in a area with so many trees, I always fly higher up, so its not an issue for me.
2018-9-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

A CW Posted at 2018-9-24 11:41

I just checked some videos of mavic air in sports mode and yes the camera also has this tilting issue but it’s occuring way less than on my spark.
So is it because the 3 axis gimble makes that difference or is my spark defective???

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

No, my spark is not defective
Just checked some videos on spark and on them the issue is also more persistent than on mavic air and just like my spark.
Thanks again. Now I know what to buy next, but I’m still gonna try the mavic air it’s between 50 -100 euros here to rent one for a day.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-24
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-24 02:44
I’m also not happy with the camera tilting when going sports mode.
The solution is to get a mavic, those have 3 axis gimble and don’t experience this issue

Yes, but we wouldn't have bought a spark in first the first place if I could afford a mavic. lol. I need a summer job.
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-24 12:09
I just checked some videos of mavic air in sports mode and yes the camera also has this tilting issue but it’s occuring way less than on my spark.
So is it because the 3 axis gimble makes that difference or is my spark defective???

I believe they are both designed that way due to the speed of the drone impacting on the gimbal - if it remained up it could break or the props would certainly ruin the image
2018-9-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

H. Arif - 6IX Posted at 2018-9-24 15:46
Yes, but we wouldn't have bought a spark in first the first place if I could afford a mavic. lol. I need a summer job.

Lol , true dat!

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules