Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJi And Removing Nofly Zone Restrictions
3631 18 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im wondering if someone could help me out. I read a few weeks back that a commercial user can request from DJI to remove the Nofly Zone restrictions from an individual Inspire. They mentioned that a person would need send in appropriate papper work supporting the claim of being a commercial operator.

Anyone fro DJI reply to this question please?
2015-5-31
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

DJI tends not to respond to such inquiries on these forums, although lots of us wish they would.

When this topic has come up the gist of what we have heard from DJI is that commercial operators who are expecting to get FAA approval for flights that would normally be prohibited need to buy the higher-end systems, and that as a prosumer platform the Inspire is what it is, no-fly zones and all.  If there is any deviation from that stance, it has not been announced here.
2015-5-31
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-31 21:06
DJI tends not to respond to such inquiries on these forums, although lots of us wish they would.

Wh ...

Pete, your right I have never read anything from DJI saying or confirming they would remove such restrictions.

That said, if the Civil Aviation Authority within the respective country gives a commercial operator the legal permission to operate within a restricted air space, DJI should provide a specific code that unlocks the "No Fly Zones" for that specific aircraft limited to the specific aircraft serial number.  

In my opinion, DJI should provide a fix and solution for commercial operators provided they can demonstrate appropriate commercial aerial work approval from Civil Aviation Authorities.  After all, DJI also marketed the Inspire as a platform for professional operations.
Would really be good if DJI could provide a contact, specifically for obtaining such codes.
2015-5-31
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-31 21:17
Pete, your right I have never read anything from DJI saying or confirming they would remove such re ...

I completely agree (I'm sure we all do).  I also think there should be a way to make such suggestions in a way we know reaches the people who need to hear them.  This forum SHOULD provide that link.  It's a shame they don't use it.
2015-5-31
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-31 22:11
I completely agree (I'm sure we all do).  I also think there should be a way to make such suggesti ...

Pete,  agree totally.  

Perhaps Autumn or Ed could take that request up the lines of command !!
2015-5-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-31 23:22
Pete,  agree totally.  

Perhaps Autumn or Ed could take that request up the lines of command !!

I agree with all of your comments and Pete's. But unfortunately it seems when Tahoe Ed or Autumn speak up about things based on DJI internal facts, they get criticized as if they are the ones making the rules. It is hard to keep coming back after the way some forum folks treat them.

I would be nice if they could talk to us more often on this site and give us advance news or updates that DJI is working on.

Rich
2015-5-31
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-5-31 23:35
I agree with all of your comments and Pete's. But unfortunately it seems when Tahoe Ed or Autumn s ...

I'm afraid that comes with the territory, though.  The official company representatives who appear publicly on behalf of a company serve as a proxy for the company.  They get the accolades when the customer base is pleased about something AND the criticism when they're not.  Sadly at the moment there's an overabundance of "not."

It's compounded by the fact that company representatives have to defend the company.  They can't very well say "this is the most idiotic thing they've done yet and WE TOLD THEM NOT TO."  Good way to become an ex-employee.  But to the average customer that makes it appear that they actively support policies they may actually be arguing against internally.  That increases the backlash.
2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Right now there is no procedure to allow the removal of the NFZ on any of DJI's crafts.  It is my understanding that DJI HQ is working on such an exception.  But I do not know the when or the how.  I am sure that we will announce when it is.
2015-5-31
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-1 00:40
Right now there is no procedure to allow the removal of the NFZ on any of DJI's crafts.  It is my un ...

Ed,

That is a welcome comment.  

Thanks for jumping in on that one, it is appreciated.  

Lets hope some common sense will prevail especially for fully licensed and approved commercial operators.

Thanks Ed.
2015-5-31
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Right now there is no procedure to allow the removal of the NFZ on any of DJI's crafts.  It is my un ...

Thanks Ed.
2015-5-31
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply Ed.
2015-5-31
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the no-fly zone mean I can fly wherever there is not a no-fly zone.  The Naval Air station Point Mugu on the Ventura Navy Base is not included on the DJI-no fly map.  Does this mean the DJI takes full responsibility if I fly over the Navy Air station because DJI permitted me too because they forgot to include it in their mandatory no fly list firmware ?  The No-fly zone creates more liability for DJI because it would allow me to legally blame DJI for my transgression into controlled airspace since they left the geofence open for me to fly through.
2015-5-31
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

eggbeater Posted at 2015-6-1 05:07
Does the no-fly zone mean I can fly wherever there is not a no-fly zone.  The Naval Air station Poin ...

It's a bit sad when those of us on this forum trying to get the word out that we need to take responsibility for our actions poo-poo DJI's efforts to help us do so.
2015-5-31
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

ultraturtle Posted at 2015-6-1 05:47
It's a bit sad when those of us on this forum trying to get the word out that we need to take resp ...

I'm squarely with ultraturtle.  The fact that DJI is trying to help keep us all out of trouble should not be turned around and shoved up their... re... nose.
2015-5-31
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Ed !!
2015-5-31
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, geofencing is OK for autonomous drones and children with phantoms. But when I bought my two Inspires there was nothing about geofencing so I've had to accept the fact now and it will be a slippery slope as more NFZs appear on every update.   Unfortunately my next bird for the new FLIR thermal camera will not be a DJI product.   Is it possible to fly in an indoor venue in a NFZ?
2015-5-31
Use props
Airosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

eggbeater Posted at 2015-6-1 09:01
Yea, geofencing is OK for autonomous drones and children with phantoms. But when I bought my two Ins ...

Is geofancing working by any means?
2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

eggbeater Posted at 2015-6-1 09:01
Yea, geofencing is OK for autonomous drones and children with phantoms. But when I bought my two Ins ...

As long as you have no GPS then the answer is yes./
2015-5-31
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-5-31 14:50
I'm squarely with ultraturtle.  The fact that DJI is trying to help keep us all out of trouble sho ...

amen...   
2016-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules