I crashed my MA but it still fly!
728 8 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Finally I created my MA after 5 months flying. I even not aware it was caused! I just noticed a hit mark on the aircraft noise and can’t figure out what happens. After checking flight log confirmed it hit a light pole at 30 meters high. The only thing on the area over 30 meters high. Because it’s a bit windy so I turn on sport mode for video run. As the area just has only one high pole so I am not too worry the OA is turn off.

I do notice the aircraft fly a bit close to the pole and the aircraft view just blocked by the pole. I think it can pass it as this is second run of same path before. I see the aircraft coming out and believe everything ok. However the flight log shows MA turn suddenly and lost high but quickly recovered. The hit mark also show MA hits quite hard on pole. Amazingly it recovered immediately and still fly normally. What a tough aircraft! I just realised I  am so lucky that almost lost my aircraft.

There is no other damage than the hit mark. The aircraft also flying normally after the crash. For safety I will send it for checking to ensure nothing damaged internally.
2018-9-24
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Happy that it all turned out good for you in the end

Fly safe and enjoy;)
Alex
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad it recovered for you!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do suggest to sending the aircraft back in for proper diagnosis and assessment. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

It’s not quite visible on photo. But you can see a mark just above right vision sensor.
D3879375-7823-4453-AB17-30090619004F.jpeg
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As long as it's only cosmetic but sometimes a crash can hide damage internally that shows up when you're in the air... Always best to get it properly checked over.
2018-9-24
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Thanks for your feedback. I do plan to take my MA to local DJI service center to perform a full checking.
2018-9-24
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Hong Kong

I pay around USD 50 for full checking and replace the damaged cover. They replaced a new aircraft for me! This is unexpected great service!
2018-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Top covers are pretty cheap so long as everything is ok it shouldn’t cost to much, looks like it hit a cross wire.
2018-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules