Might be a good extra pre step incase of a flyaway
782 4 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

I have not had a flyaway, but I do get nervous each time i fly and I'm sorry for those who have had one. I myself think its the GPS causing it to go somewhere it thinks it needs to go, maybe home, who knows. The idea of putting it atti. mode i think is a good idea, along with making sure in the map, shows you where it says you are and you are pointing in the correct direction. The one more step I would do is put it in IOC F mode with the I1 facing away from you and set that direction. then put it back into P mode before taking off. IOC doesn't need GPS so its like atti mode. Now you dont need to know which way its facing when it acts up. You just put it in F mode (very inportant that you do not "reset" the IOC when the window pops up, just X out of it. you all ready set it the first time) Now you just pull the fucker back to you.
I hope i never have to do this, but if It happened to me, this is how I would be perpared

Besafe out there

Robert
2015-5-31
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Good call, thanks for the tip
2015-5-31
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

"IOC doesn't need GPS so its like atti mode."

Are you sure about this?
How is the bird able to hover without drifting in this mode if it does not use the GPS?
2015-5-31
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

It doesn't need GPS to work. If you lose your GPS, IOC will still work... but now that I think about it, it doesn't shut off the GPS, so if that's whats driving it crazy... it might not work... atti mode does shut off GPS... well its still worth a try, at least you know you are pulling it towards you
2015-5-31
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

tapboxer@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-31 23:45
It doesn't need GPS to work. If you lose your GPS, IOC will still work... but now that I think about ...

You are correct.  You only need the compass to use CL not GPS.  
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules