Mavic Pro started to have some issues after 1.0.5.0500 upate
929 12 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kenma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338537 ft
Singapore

Hi guys, I recently updated my Mavic Pro to the latest firmware 1.0.5.0500, it was a jump from .0300. Prior to update it works perfectly fine. I just update it because I feel like it was already outdated. So I updated the drone using dji assistant v2. It went successful.

After completing the process and booting up, the camera started to have some issues in a sense that the DJI GO App just in black. The selection of Auto, and Manual are not highlighted. I mean if you tap them it will do nothing. Trying to reset the camera settings will result to "Resetting Failed". The controller was also not able to tilt the camera, even on how long you pitch the camera dial it will not react for some reason. Take note that the camera somehow work, I mean it can still see things because I have tried to recalibrate the camera via assistant and it was able to calibrate it properly with the black and white dots guide on the screen. I can see the camera preview on the screen too. But on the App its nothing and was not able to control it, I can't record nor shoot photos.

Another thing is that the SD card started to be unrecognized. Even if I swicth a new and old sd card the drone will not detect the new card for some reason. Even tried to reformat the card but it says it has no card but its there I just inserted a new one. But why this is happening after the upgrade?

Also I can start the motor, I can fly it just no display, I can't record videos and shoot photos. I can still land and off it properly. The camera startup also being initiated everytime I power it on. I just noticed something new tho, that when I turn it off, it will stay on for like 2-3seconds with the top battery led blinking state and then it shuts off.

I haven't fly this drone much after a couple of months but like I said the .0300 version was just working fine. But since I updated the mobile app, it says that I need to update the aircraft firmware as well and then I did what was instructed and then it went well then end up having issues. Hows that? Should I downgrade? Is it possible? Is it safe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2018-9-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

If this happened to me, I’d refresh the firmware thru DJI GO 4 and not thru Assisant on a computer.

Turn everything on. On the main DJI GO screen, hit the 3 bars near the upper right by holding your finger down for a few seconds. It’s self-explanatory after that.

2018-9-24
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Singapore

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-9-24 09:15
If this happened to me, I’d refresh the firmware thru DJI GO 4 and not thru Assisant on a computer.

I forgot to mentioned but I actually did this too, the app just told me to update the aircraft and I did, it download the 200MB+ update then it upgrades the aircraft. It happened multiple times but I only update it once, even tho its already updated the app keep telling me its outdated so I had to reinstall the app and the update notification is gone. But not the actual "refresh" thing as don't know where to find that.
2018-9-24
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

Any other help I can get? OR do you guys abandoned Mavic Pro already?
2018-10-17
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

So you said you hadn't tried a refresh? Well if you can get on YouTube and watch this video I think it could help you. The refresh process is pretty much the same as an upgrade except you'd click refresh on the current firmware that you have installed on the aircraft and follow the steps exactly.

2018-10-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

From your description, it reads like Update from .0300 to .0500  borked your drone.
Might try factory reset of drone.
Rolling back to .0300 FW.
Updating to .0400 FW.
Then updating to .0500 FW.
2018-10-17
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Singapore

@cinnabun I already did that like 5x times already still no video feedback
@HedgeTrimmer I pretty much done it as well like 3x. But the thing is when I downgraded it to .0300FW there still no video feedback and the gimbal does not respond to my input. The expected behavior should revert everything because it was the FW that was working on but it wasn't.

My question is that can the video module get corrupted? I read it somewhere but I'm not really sure. Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks guys
2018-10-17
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Surprised no Admins have chimed in. Are you using a Apple or Android device?
2018-10-17
Use props
Kenma
lvl.2
Philippines

I'm using an android device with android 8 OS.
2018-10-17
Use props
cinnabun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812995 ft
United States

Can you go ahead and post some screenshots of what you're seeing on your DJI GO 4 App, it can help tremendously!
2018-10-17
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft
Canada

Kenma Posted at 2018-9-24 09:19
I forgot to mentioned but I actually did this too, the app just told me to update the aircraft and I did, it download the 200MB+ update then it upgrades the aircraft. It happened multiple times but I only update it once, even tho its already updated the app keep telling me its outdated so I had to reinstall the app and the update notification is gone. But not the actual "refresh" thing as don't know where to find that.

look at my thread with Bruno Franchi Help Firmware stuck and gimbal disconnected
2018-10-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

"I just noticed something new tho, that when I turn it off, it will stay on for like 2-3seconds with the top battery led blinking state and then it shuts off."

That's usually what happens when the aircraft has been recording a video and is then powered down before stopping recording on DJI Go 4, it is saving and closing off the video file on SD card before shutting down.

The install from .0300 to .0500 shouldn't in itself cause any problems, all the up to date files for each module are included in each release and shouldn't be dependant on previous version being installed.

You have updated the RC to .0500 as well ?

If so I'd be looking at the display device and version of DJI Go 4 next.
2018-10-18
Use props
Bruno Franchi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26358 ft

Aardvark my MP just got back from repair and the guy said me that doesn't know what's happening, never saw this issue before. Still waiting a help from DJI
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules