Help: Jagged lines in raw video
2143 8 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OverTheEdge
lvl.3

Hi,

I am shooting video with HVEC, 1080p 60 fps (everything else is auto). The raw video does not look good when looking at fences, street lines, bridge railings etc. these straight-lined objects look jagged (like bad anti aliasing in gaming). I have seen many M2Z vids where these jaggies do not appear.

Are there better video settings to reduces this issue?

Are there video editor's (such as PowerDirector) that can eliminate these jagged edges?

Thanks for any help

2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for some trouble. Regarding that is it possible for you to provide some video sample that Including the issue for better visualization as well? Thanks!
2018-9-24
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could be your video player or your screen or compatibility issue between the two.  Upload to YouTube and see if it fixes the problem.
2018-9-24
Use props
OverTheEdge
lvl.3

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-24 12:12
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for some trouble. Regarding that is it possible for you to provide some video sample that Including the issue for better visualization as well? Thanks!

Hi,

See the link below....in the vid you can see jagged video along the bridge rail (scene 1) and train rails, bridge structure (scene 2). Uploaded to youtube in 1080p 60fps. Not editing on the footage.

2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

OverTheEdge Posted at 2018-10-1 15:56
Hi,

See the link below....in the vid you can see jagged video along the bridge rail (scene 1) and train rails, bridge structure (scene 2). Uploaded to youtube in 1080p 60fps. Not editing on the footage.

Thank you, for providing a video. Upon checking it seems it just normal even with this normal camera this may occur this being called as a moiré pattern, I would suggest trying to use an ND filter to avoid this issue.
2018-10-2
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just turn sharpness down on the drone's custom setting.  -2 should do the trick.
2018-10-2
Use props
OverTheEdge
lvl.3
United States

Blellow Posted at 2018-10-2 10:10
Just turn sharpness down on the drone's custom setting.  -2 should do the trick.

Thanks, I will try.

Is this something that I can do in post production as well?
2018-10-2
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Try a little quick blur or lens blur.
2018-10-2
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

OverTheEdge Posted at 2018-10-2 11:26
Thanks, I will try.

Is this something that I can do in post production as well?

hello, i have the same issue (phantom 4 advanced). see my thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-194600-1-1.htmldid you solve the issue? what's causing it?
2019-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules