2320 40 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

hi Guys, so normally when i fly i just take off and go into the distance but today I was doing some close flights and noticed the mavic drifting, when flying in a straight line it actually drifts to the right. It seems that it cannot fly a straight line at all. Has anyone had these issues and if yes is there a fix to it. Now I have already done the normal steps, refreshed firmware, upgraded downgraded, compass recal, cold imu recal gimble calibration and no it is not the gimble moving, you can see the mavic drifting to the right when watching it
2018-9-24
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Calibrate your sticks mate, it's a real pain to do but worked for me when I had the exact same problem.
2018-9-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-24 11:29
Calibrate your sticks mate, it's a real pain to do but worked for me when I had the exact same problem.

AHHH, that is one thing I have not done, do you think that will fix the issue
2018-9-24
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 2018-9-24 11:38
AHHH, that is one thing I have not done, do you think that will fix the issue

It worked for me buddy, I also calibrated everything afterwards as well and the drift was gone.
2018-9-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-24 11:42
It worked for me buddy, I also calibrated everything afterwards as well and the drift was gone.

Thanks, going to give it a try
2018-9-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-24 11:42

Good advice mate as the cause could be so many things. RC stick calibration generally works for me
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding that yes you can give a try to calibrate the remote then try if that will work, Please keep us posted whenever you're able to try it. Thanks!
2018-9-24
Use props
simïis
lvl.2

Maybe you are so gay it is trying to get away from you, Surenwrap
2018-9-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-24 15:23
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding that yes you can give a try to calibrate the remote then try if that will work, Please keep us posted whenever you're able to try it. Thanks!

Will do                             
2018-9-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

simïis Posted at 2018-9-24 16:36

You are one F*#king irating Son of B17ch can you get the Fu*$ of my thread if you nothing to say, take your bull with you and get of this forum.
2018-9-24
Use props
Alan James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146821 ft

Well, now that we got /that/ out of the way.     I occasionally notice this on all my gps/compass equipped drones.  (Even the one’s I’ve put together myself.)  Usually a compass calibration helps the issue.  Also if you tend to fly in different locations with very different magnetic variation/declination, you might need to re-calibrate in between.  However:  I went from Central Wisconsin to Iceland and never calibrated and never had any issues... so...  I’m not sure if this actually holds any water?
2018-9-24
Use props
simïis
lvl.2

Suren Posted at 2018-9-24 19:38
You are one F*#king irating Son of B17ch can you get the Fu*$ of my thread if you nothing to say, take your bull with you and get of this forum.

You get off this forum surenwrap... with your stupid little spark. Everyone makes fun of you in chat anyway. you GB
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

simïis Posted at 2018-9-25 03:34
You get off this forum surenwrap... with your stupid little spark. Everyone makes fun of you in chat anyway. you GB

You stupid Little sod of a man seeking attention from people on here, Go grab a bunny and cuddle because you desperately need attention.

Can an Admin step in and block this idiot of the forum because this is really not helping anyone's issues, this person is an idiot and does not deserve to be on here.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

simïis Posted at 2018-9-25 03:34

Damn Troll
2018-9-25
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>

Yes, calibrate the sticks.  mine was actually drifting backwards,  Changed props, no go.  Sticks I guess need calibration every so often.

Admin folks, can something be done about "simïis"?  Kinda uncalled for on this forum.  thanks!
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Lonesome Crow Posted at 2018-9-25 05:52
Yes, calibrate the sticks.  mine was actually drifting backwards,  Changed props, no go.  Sticks I guess need calibration every so often.

Admin folks, can something be done about "simïis"?  Kinda uncalled for on this forum.  thanks!

Thanks, Going to give it a try
2018-9-25
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Forget about that clown mate... he probably got away from the circus he belongs to and obviously does not have the slightest idea of how to behave in the public space.

Regarding your problem, I agree that a stick calibration can easily be the solution. Once you've done it, check again on IMU and compass.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-25 07:31
Forget about that clown mate... he probably got away from the circus he belongs to and obviously does not have the slightest idea of how to behave in the public space.

Regarding your problem, I agree that a stick calibration can easily be the solution. Once you've done it, check again on IMU and compass.

I agree, that Clown should go back to the circus. I am going to try that stick calibration today when I get home from work, hopefully it fixes it.
2018-9-25
Use props
simïis
lvl.2

I liked turd better
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Will the real introvert simiis PLEASE HANG HIMSELF and get off my thread.

Can ANYONE please tell me how to stop this idiot from keep on posting on MY thread, Damn it, Go get a life
2018-9-25
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 09:31

Can ANYONE please tell me how to stop this idiot from keep on posting on MY thread, Damn it, Go get a life

Can ANYONE please tell me...

Best weapon is to ignore I believe. Keep replying is like trying to put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it or like draining a big lake with a bucket.
2018-9-25
Use props
simĺs
lvl.2

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 09:31

Can ANYONE please tell me how to stop this idiot from keep on posting on MY thread, Damn it, Go get a life

Suren, will you kindly stop harassing me. Thank you!!!
2018-9-25
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 408606 ft
  • >>>

Administrators, can this please be stopped.  This is uncalled for on this forum.  Thank you.
2018-9-25
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

simïis Posted at 2018-9-24 16:36

2018-9-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

And have been reported.
2018-9-25
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine actually began drifting to the right, I changed the propellers and added a new battery and that seems to have fixed things for a bit.
2018-9-25
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

When this drifting flight took place, did you happen to takeoff from concrete? Sometimes my Mavic Pro acts so stable you'd think it's built by NASA, and other times it acts like a $50 drone from walmart.  I think re-bar in the concrete sidewalk was messing with the IMU and compass before takeoff. When I takeoff from a grass surface the Mavic Pro acts totally stable. If you try to takeoff from the bed of a truck, there is so much steel there that it will warn you, but re-bar in concrete is not usually enough to set off a warning message, but just enough to mess it up.
2018-9-25
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Last year there was some discussion that because the controller sticks are Hall Effect devices, storing the controller near a strong magnet (such as a vehicle sound system speaker) could mess with the stick calibration causing drifting.

I don't know if this was ever proven/resolved but it's food for thought
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-25 13:02
Can ANYONE please tell me...

Best weapon is to ignore I believe. Keep replying is like trying to put out a fire by pouring gasoline on it or like draining a big lake with a bucket.

Well he is finally banned, Yippeeee
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-25 15:32
Mine actually began drifting to the right, I changed the propellers and added a new battery and that seems to have fixed things for a bit.

I have some new props, i am using the low noise ones for a while now, will try the rc recal and the new props already have new batteries on them well 5 new ones in total, got rid of all my old batteries and replaced them
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

TrevorSK Posted at 2018-9-25 18:03
When this drifting flight took place, did you happen to takeoff from concrete? Sometimes my Mavic Pro acts so stable you'd think it's built by NASA, and other times it acts like a $50 drone from walmart.  I think re-bar in the concrete sidewalk was messing with the IMU and compass before takeoff. When I takeoff from a grass surface the Mavic Pro acts totally stable. If you try to takeoff from the bed of a truck, there is so much steel there that it will warn you, but re-bar in concrete is not usually enough to set off a warning message, but just enough to mess it up.

When hovering the drone is rock solid no drift at all, it only drifts to the right in flight
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Boffin Posted at 2018-9-25 21:19
Last year there was some discussion that because the controller sticks are Hall Effect devices, storing the controller near a strong magnet (such as a vehicle sound system speaker) could mess with the stick calibration causing drifting.

I don't know if this was ever proven/resolved but it's food for thought

My controller is stored in my bag away from anything magnet
2018-9-25
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 23:21
Well he is finally banned, Yippeeee

Great news about that clown.

Did you manage to calibrate your controller via the Assistant 2?
It can be such a pain in the bud to do.
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

FlyDK Posted at 2018-9-26 10:41
Great news about that clown.

Did you manage to calibrate your controller via the Assistant 2?

I did but that did not help, put in a new set of props as well no diff, going to keep using it like this it is not that noticeable when high up and going out to a distance but when you plan on doing a stright shot it should go straight, I have just finished updating it to the newest firmware and will do a complete recal of everything again this weekend and hopefully it fixes it if not have to live with it for now, well just until my MP2 comesthen will fob this off onto my son
2018-9-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 23:22
I have some new props, i am using the low noise ones for a while now, will try the rc recal and the new props already have new batteries on them well 5 new ones in total, got rid of all my old batteries and replaced them

I don't have the low-noise props actually purchased another stock set as the low-noise are longer and my understanding is they scratch the body of Mavic Pro?
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-26 17:25
I don't have the low-noise props actually purchased another stock set as the low-noise are longer and my understanding is they scratch the body of Mavic Pro?

Never had any issues with them as yet
2018-9-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you resolve this buddy or is it still an issue.
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-26 23:18
Did you resolve this buddy or is it still an issue.

so far from yesterdays flight still an issue, I have since done a full firmware upgrade and will try it again this weekend, hopefully it works.
2018-9-27
Use props
fansd14c0977
lvl.2
Latvia

I have the same issue, but my drone are going up and down, sometimes drifting slightly to sides.
I did all the calibrations, Calibrate vision and all other things, still it's doing the same. I think it's may be the Software issue.
2018-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

fansd14c0977 Posted at 2018-9-27 07:35
I have the same issue, but my drone are going up and down, sometimes drifting slightly to sides.
I did all the calibrations, Calibrate vision and all other things, still it's doing the same. I think it's may be the Software issue.

Maybe that is why I upgraded the firmware now just to test
2018-9-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules