1554 18 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i know not that bad on camera but you can feel its bloated it refuses to turn on and is basically dead, it wont charge, it wont power up, no lights lighting up.  and im currently dealing with the nightmare of dji's customer service for the last week... and they are truely bad -.- they cant understand why i cannot ship the battery :/ and keep sending me lables..
bloat 3.jpg
bloat 1.jpg
2018-9-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Why can't you ship it?
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-9-24 13:52
Why can't you ship it?

can't shipped damaged lithium batteries because of the risk of fire.  

i took it into UPS store earlier today asked them to make sure i can ship this and package it up if i can and the lady picked it up and held it for a second and looked at it and put it down and said she can't allow that on the trucks.. its damaged and explained that its a fire risk..

if the battery was completely depleted like drained to low power like 5% or less.. i would probably sneaked it into shipping.  but the battery died at 80% (mid air 5 feet up, drone dropped) and was extremely hot  when i popped it out of my drone.  so to me that means atleast 1 or 2 cells in there that still have alot of power and being squished by a bloated cell..
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I am sorry about the unpleasant experience you are having with our customer support. The best thing I could do to help is to forward this to our higher department to investigate and do a follow up. We will get back to you once we have feedback regarding this concern, as soon as possible. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-9-24 14:03
Hi there, I am sorry about the unpleasant experience you are having with our customer support. The best thing I could do to help is to forward this to our higher department to investigate and do a follow up. We will get back to you once we have feedback regarding this concern, as soon as possible. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

thank you!
2018-9-24
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I hope you have better luck then I did.

My Mavic Pro crashed and was deemed a warranty issue so I got it replaced. I sent photos of the battery being really banged up. They had me give the serial number etc and said not to ship it with the Mavic and I would get a replacement.

Got a new drone under warranty but no battery.
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-24 16:55

My Mavic Pro crashed and was deemed a warranty issue so I got it replaced. I sent photos of the battery being really banged up. They had me give the serial number etc and said not to ship it with the Mavic and I would get a replacement.

ya, dji support sometimes makes no sense.   take you in circles and then end up throwing you in some random direction, sometimes works out well, but most times makes no sense..

the guy i spoke to said didn't see bloating...  but he believes it was a valid warranty issue still so submitted the case to approval people who said yes, but ship it to us....everytime i explain i can't and why they send me another shipping label instead of helping me.  

like what is this circle jerk for customer support they got going on...?
2018-9-24
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 17:02
ya, dji support sometimes makes no sense.   take you in circles and then end up throwing you in some random direction, sometimes works out well, but most times makes no sense..

the guy i spoke to said didn't see bloating...  but he believes it was a valid warranty issue still so submitted the case to approval people who said yes, but ship it to us....everytime i explain i can't and why they send me another shipping label instead of helping me.  

Yeah and I dont blame you for not wanting to . I had a 4s Lipo in my RC car pop on me. I couldnt imagine it in an enclosed space like a mail truck/plane/mailroom.
FB_IMG_1537837704555.jpg
FB_IMG_1537837698942.jpg
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

yea, i been keeping mine outside (hence why looks all dusty/dirty) just incase they decide they are bored of being batteries and want to turn into a fire ball instead...
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-24 17:12
yea, i been keeping mine outside (hence why looks all dusty/dirty) just incase they decide they are bored of being batteries and want to turn into a fire ball instead...

Hi HereForTheBeer, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support team, Diana has escalated your concern to the appropriate team to look into, we will have someone to contact you soon.
It is recommended to dispose of the battery in specific recycling boxes when the replacement battery is confirmed. Hope the issue will be sorted out soon.
2018-9-24
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-24 19:15
Hi HereForTheBeer, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support team, Diana has escalated your concern to the appropriate team to look into, we will have someone to contact you soon.
It is recommended to dispose of the battery in specific recycling boxes when the replacement battery is confirmed. Hope the issue will be sorted out soon.

thank you!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-24 16:55

Hi Hedsic, sorry to hear that, did you contact our support team to report this? May I have the picture of the battery again since I didn't find it in the case or the email? Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are welcome, please keep us updated any time if you have any further concern.
2018-9-25
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-24 19:27
Hi Hedsic, sorry to hear that, did you contact our support team to report this? May I have the picture of the battery again since I didn't find it in the case or the email? Thank you.

Yeah I can get you a photo. I actually think I still have the battery in a lipo bag outside in the shed. I will have to check.
2018-9-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-25 02:28
You are welcome, please keep us updated any time if you have any further concern.

i have heard nothing yet had any helpful responses from dji's team on my case...  just that they gotten my updated case.   again -.-  
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-25 09:19
i have heard nothing yet had any helpful responses from dji's team on my case...  just that they gotten my updated case.   again -.-

I see our higher team has contacted you about the further resolution, we will request a replacement for the bloated battery per the team, is that right?
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-25 03:38
Yeah I can get you a photo. I actually think I still have the battery in a lipo bag outside in the shed. I will have to check.

Sure, you can also forward the pictures that you have sent to our support before.
2018-9-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-25 19:45
I see our higher team has contacted you about the further resolution, we will request a replacement for the bloated battery per the team, is that right?

yes, i finally got contacted and i think a good resolution has come of it, and it will get replaced..  thank you!
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-25 20:01
yes, i finally got contacted and i think a good resolution has come of it, and it will get replaced..  thank you!

Glad to know that, hope you will receive the replacement soon. If there is any further issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules