Which Version is my S900
2498 10 2014-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbjoshb
lvl.1

United States

I received my S900 early September and just now noticed that my craft is much different than the other ones I've seen online and in person. Below, you will see pictures of my craft which has shorter legs which allows the gimbal to hit the floor (still waiting for my replacement legs), my landing  gear servos are completely different in color and design, my end plugs for my motor arms are recessed and look different than others, and my anti vibration mounts are black, not gray. Why does my craft have so many difference compared to others?

2014-11-5
Use props
kuau
lvl.1

United States

Dying to see if anyone at DJI responds to this..
2014-11-5
Use props
jbjoshb
lvl.1

United States

kuau Posted at 2014-11-6 08:03
Dying to see if anyone at DJI responds to this..

is your s900 similar?
2014-11-5
Use props
kuau714
lvl.1

United States

Yes except I have the silver orange landing gear servo
2014-11-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are going to be variances in the manufacturing process.  I have checked with R&D and they have stated that there is no appreciable difference in performance between the different released versions.  I have a prerelease version.  Normally what users receive are improved over what we get.  The color of the servos and the end plugs do not effect the performance of the craft.  In my opinion the S900 is the premier flight platform of DJI.  if I have a choice, I fly it.  Just my opinion and yours may vary.  
2014-11-6
Use props
kuau
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-6 20:17
There are going to be variances in the manufacturing process.  I have checked with R&D and they have ...

Thanks ED for clarification...

Steven
2014-11-6
Use props
ebeez88
lvl.2

Canada

I also ordered an S900 and it came with a set of longer legs so the gimbal has clearance.
2014-11-12
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-6 20:17
There are going to be variances in the manufacturing process.  I have checked with R&D and they have ...

Hey Ed,
Just bought mine today, one of the first S900's in Pakistan from your dealer "New Digital City".
Looking fwd to setting it up and flying it on the DJI launching event here in a few days, will get back to you if any advice needed.
Thanks and keep up the awesome work!
2014-11-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

uhayat@hotmail. Posted at 2014-11-16 07:51
Hey Ed,
Just bought mine today, one of the first S900's in Pakistan from your dealer "New Digital  ...

Just take your time.  Read the manual and check your work.  You did not say what controller you are going to use.  I am assuming the A2.  What Tx are you using?  What lipos?  I would recommend that you fly without gimbal and camera until you get comfortable with the S900.  Come back if you have more questions and post here.
2014-11-16
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-17 00:33
Just take your time.  Read the manual and check your work.  You did not say what controller you ar ...

Hey Ed,
I will be using the Futaba 14sg and still haven't decided about the TX, I have the AVL58 and also have the LightBridge which is currently fitted to my P2. It's a S900+Zenmuse GH4+A2+iosd mark II. Will go according to your advice and leave the gimbal/cam off until I get a few flights on it. The battery is a 22,000 mah but is not of a famous brand like tattu. I have ordered a couple of tattu 16,000's as well since thats about where I would want to keep the max weight at. I will keep you posted once the setup is complete. Also, I came across a build log here my Fabien and another one by Blade_Strike, will be following those.
2014-11-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Following both those builds, Fabien and Blade Strike, will give you a well set up craft.  
2014-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules