Flight distance : 20390 ft
Serbia

where to order in europe MMC-Multi cable for sony
2018-9-24
Use props
MegaToby
lvl.3
Netherlands

I just ordered at DJI themselves. Which is currently the only place you can order from anyway. It's quite expensive though. I paid €43 in total.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, thanks for your interest, currently, it can be purchased from our online store, please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi
2018-9-25
Use props
DGTL Sam W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 930079 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-25 00:43
Hi there, thanks for your interest, currently, it can be purchased from our online store, please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi

@DJI Mindy, you really are ripping your customers off with this cable fiasco. You have basically over promised the functionality of the device, then shipped a crippled version of the hardware and forcing people to buy an expensive cable which probably costs you peanuts to manufacture. £30.65 (including shipping) for a basic USB cable is extortionate, especially considering it should have been included in the original box upon purchase.

You should be shipping these out free of charge with a bow and a sorry note to everyone who invested early in the Ronin-S.
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DGTL Sam W Posted at 2018-9-25 02:39
@DJI Mindy, you really are ripping your customers off with this cable fiasco. You have basically over promised the functionality of the device, then shipped a crippled version of the hardware and forcing people to buy an expensive cable which probably costs you peanuts to manufacture. £30.65 (including shipping) for a basic USB cable is extortionate, especially considering it should have been included in the original box upon purchase.

You should be shipping these out free of charge with a bow and a sorry note to everyone who invested early in the Ronin-S.

Sam, I understand your concern, the Ronin-S comes with three types of Multi-Camera Control Cable: MCC-C, MCC-B and RSS-IR. The Multi-Camera Control Cable (multi-USB, mini- USB) was released to support more camera models and provide more camera control features, therefore, it will need to be purchased separately, if you do not want to pay for the shipping cost, you can purchase it together with other DJI products, we will provide the free shipping on orders over GBP £119. Thank you for your attention and support.
2018-9-26
Use props
labregatv
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-26 00:35
Sam, I understand your concern, the Ronin-S comes with three types of Multi-Camera Control Cable: MCC-C, MCC-B and RSS-IR. The Multi-Camera Control Cable (multi-USB, mini- USB) was released to support more camera models and provide more camera control features, therefore, it will need to be purchased separately, if you do not want to pay for the shipping cost, you can purchase it together with other DJI products, we will provide the free shipping on orders over GBP £119. Thank you for your attention and support.

Mindy (and the rest of the Ronin-S team),

Please stop referring to these as new or "more" features. These are previously advertised features that you're finally stating to provide (still waiting on focus control) and which we've patiently waited for. We can pay for new features and accessories (like the upcoming Focus Lite). However, paying for a missing, yet advertised, features/accessories is unacceptable. If you were coming out with a cable for RED or Blackmagic cameras, for example, I would understand the need to charge us for it. That would be new and an addition to your initial offering. Support for Sony cameras is NOT a new feature you're blessing us with. USB cable support was advertised for Sony cameras (even your marketing material shows it). It's time to deliver and not let greed get in the way. I know the communication/marketing department spent a good time writing the generic response all administrators here are using but it clearly reads as such, a generic corporate response. DJI can do better. Please forward our displeasure to someone who can do something about it. This cable needs to be shipped to everyone who purchased a Ronin-S free of charge.

Users, let's make our voices heard.
2018-9-26
Use props
djiuser_Nd6F3eOYV01A
lvl.2
Netherlands

What labregatv said above. Fully supported. I get that the Admins here use generic responses for this. But that not working out as you can see in all the topics being opened about this in the last weeks. Please forward this to an actual decision maker within DJI so something can get done about this.
2018-9-27
Use props
Gary Leahy
New

Sort it out DJI, at least give Ronin-S customers a discount code to remove the shipping fee. This is not very good for your brand reputation!
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

labregatv Posted at 2018-9-26 06:24
Mindy (and the rest of the Ronin-S team),

Please stop referring to these as new or "more" features. These are previously advertised features that you're finally stating to provide (still waiting on focus control) and which we've patiently waited for. We can pay for new features and accessories (like the upcoming Focus Lite). However, paying for a missing, yet advertised, features/accessories is unacceptable. If you were coming out with a cable for RED or Blackmagic cameras, for example, I would understand the need to charge us for it. That would be new and an addition to your initial offering. Support for Sony cameras is NOT a new feature you're blessing us with. USB cable support was advertised for Sony cameras (even your marketing material shows it). It's time to deliver and not let greed get in the way. I know the communication/marketing department spent a good time writing the generic response all administrators here are using but it clearly reads as such, a generic corporate response. DJI can do better. Please forward our displeasure to someone who can do something about it. This cable needs to be shipped to everyone who purchased a Ronin-S free of charge.

Hi labregatv, I understand your feeling, your concern has been escalated to the management department for attention, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, thank you.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Nd6F3eOYV01A Posted at 2018-9-27 00:53
What labregatv said above. Fully supported. I get that the Admins here use generic responses for this. But that not working out as you can see in all the topics being opened about this in the last weeks. Please forward this to an actual decision maker within DJI so something can get done about this.

Hi there, I understand your concern, but this is not what we admins can decide, your feedback has been transferred to the management department for consideration, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gary Leahy Posted at 2018-9-27 04:57
Sort it out DJI, at least give Ronin-S customers a discount code to remove the shipping fee. This is not very good for your brand reputation!

Hi Gary, your request has been forwarded, hope there will be some good news.
2018-9-28
Use props
fans2e84d40e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295 ft
United Kingdom

I am in the same boat - bought the DJI Ronin S to use on Sony cameras after seeing all the advertising etc. clearly showing a Sony camera with a USB cable and indicating an ability to control from there. Why should I have to pay for a new cable when you have advertised in such a way that shows I shouldn't have to for a product I have only had a week?

£50 for a cable is extortionate itself - clearly, it should be included with all new shipping Ronin S and anyone who has purchased before it's release that requires it.
2018-9-29
Use props
djiuser_0oWSMk3QFDSZ
lvl.1
Romania

fans2e84d40e Posted at 2018-9-29 13:25
I am in the same boat - bought the DJI Ronin S to use on Sony cameras after seeing all the advertising etc. clearly showing a Sony camera with a USB cable and indicating an ability to control from there. Why should I have to pay for a new cable when you have advertised in such a way that shows I shouldn't have to for a product I have only had a week?

£50 for a cable is extortionate itself - clearly, it should be included with all new shipping Ronin S and anyone who has purchased before it's release that requires it.

I will back you guys on this one, the product has been advertised everywhere as fully compatible and this 50$+ cable story is outrageous.  Also I cannot even order it in Romania without a friend proxy who can send it from another country in Europe.
And it addition to the outrageous price and the limited country support, there are also absolutely no resellers in Europe that have it listed. I'm starting to be really salty about DJI and will make sure to spread the word if this doesn't get fixed.
Jesus, 50 dollars for a cable in 2018, it's like back in the day when we had gaming consoles and all the accesories would cost like 10x the amount of money the console would cost. They make a whole 100-pieces pack of those in china for 5 dollars.
I get you, Sony are and have always been jerks when it comes to 3rd party accessories because they want to have the market monopoly, but don't advertise it as compatible when it can only trigger the shutter using INFRARED in 2018!!!!!
2018-9-30
Use props
MikeSallabank
New

djiuser_0oWSMk3QFDSZ Posted at 2018-9-30 12:32
I will back you guys on this one, the product has been advertised everywhere as fully compatible and this 50$+ cable story is outrageous.  Also I cannot even order it in Romania without a friend proxy who can send it from another country in Europe.
And it addition to the outrageous price and the limited country support, there are also absolutely no resellers in Europe that have it listed. I'm starting to be really salty about DJI and will make sure to spread the word if this doesn't get fixed.
Jesus, 50 dollars for a cable in 2018, it's like back in the day when we had gaming consoles and all the accesories would cost like 10x the amount of money the console would cost. They make a whole 100-pieces pack of those in china for 5 dollars.

Couldn't agree more with everyone, the very least Sony can do is give free shipping on this product.
2018-10-1
Use props
TimmyBaker
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4762051 ft
South Africa

I also support this one.

Don't understand the difference between these USB cables versus the ones that are included in the box... Seems like the first USB cables weren't all "inclusive" so they made one that is and then decided to sell it versus supply it... :/

2018-10-3
Use props
Malgaard
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-28 20:23
Hi labregatv, I understand your feeling, your concern has been escalated to the management department for attention, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, thank you.

Any update?
2018-10-8
Use props
telas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583140 ft
Greece

This is absurd! You should send this cable as a free gift to all ronin s owners! Not charge 50 euros for it including shipping.
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Malgaard, sorry that I haven't received the update from our engineers and the related team, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them.
2018-10-9
Use props
Malgaard
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-9 04:09
Hi Malgaard, sorry that I haven't received the update from our engineers and the related team, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them.

Can this be true? That some exclusive users is getting the cable for free?
2018-10-9
Use props
blueice007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432264 ft

Hong Kong

DJI should have  send this to their customers for free!
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Malgaard Posted at 2018-10-9 11:13
[view_image]

Sorry that I never heard of this, all the cables are required to be purchased currently, I have found the post from Hazz and will verify with him.
2018-10-11
Use props
LaoTrav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 805974 ft
  • >>>
Morocco

They answer other posts but they simply desapear when they don't want to answer...

Very disapointed with your customer "care"
2018-10-11
Use props
hazz
lvl.2

Australia

Malgaard Posted at 2018-10-9 11:13
[view_image]

yeah mate 100% true

It was posted out to me from a local retailer here, please keep in mind I have been talking to the support team every single day for the past 6 months and all they have done is give me a $20 cable :| so don't know if its worth your time but if you want to, hit up the online support and tell them you want a free cable
2018-10-11
Use props
МИШКА
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36867 ft

I don't understand why this cable wasn't / isn't included in the box???

What's the difference between the MCC-Multi to the MCC-B?

The MCC-B fits on my Sony a6300, but it doesn't work
2018-10-13
Use props
Diadelosmisery
lvl.1
Russia

МИШКА Posted at 2018-10-13 14:41
I don't understand why this cable wasn't / isn't included in the box???

What's the difference between the MCC-Multi to the MCC-B?

Поставь usb connection в режим pc remote
2018-10-14
Use props
МИШКА
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36867 ft

Diadelosmisery@gmail.com Posted at 2018-10-14 06:50
Поставь usb connection в режим pc remote

USB mode is on PC connection

I have updated my Sony a6300 to the latest FW
As well as the Ronin-S

If i use the MCC-B and turn on the a6300, the Ronin motors stop to work
2018-10-14
Use props
Lozrick
New

United Kingdom

This is all very silly, after all, the Sony A7s MkII is the key camera for the Ronin S. I've ordered one from ebay, £18.00 and FREE postage. I'll keep you all updated as to if it works.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ronin ... 738.m4383.l4275.c10
2018-10-16
Use props
Malgaard
lvl.1
Denmark

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-11 04:54
Sorry that I never heard of this, all the cables are required to be purchased currently, I have found the post from Hazz and will verify with him.

Any update DJI Mindy?
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Malgaard, we have forwarded this to the appropriate team to investigate, but this cable will not be sold for free. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-10-21
Use props
Yocho
New
Flight distance : 90013 ft
Malaysia

I'm from Malaysia, what is the possible way for us to get the cable?
MY country is not listed in DJI webpage. Please advise.
2018-10-25
Use props
djiuser_YIK8eVzzNjq1
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-21 02:45
Hi Malgaard, we have forwarded this to the appropriate team to investigate, but this cable will not be sold for free. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any update DJI Mindy?
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi there, there should be a mistake by our support, the new MCC-Multi cable was mainly released to add the Zoom control features to the Sony cameras to improve customer's experience, therefore, the MCC-Multi cable will need to be purchased separately. Appreciate your understanding.
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules