My new Mavic 2 Pro is stuck on Poor radio channel quality
123Next >
11910 99 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shredder777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114928 ft

Question : On my new Mavic 2 Pro, The "Radio Channel Quality" has been on poor for the last few days. I flew in multiple locations since saturday and its been poor.
I did a test and I fired up my old mavic and it says good. in same location and everything. Any suggestions, should I call dji or go to forums? Thank you for the tips.
IMG_0741small.jpg
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to update the firmware of this RC? Could please try to re-link the RC to AC to see if the issue would persist? Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-9-24
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-24 16:26
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to update the firmware of this RC? Could please try to re-link the RC to AC to see if the issue would persist? Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hello Tony, I did a relink last night and it is the same today.  I just tried my phone instead of the ipad and its the same.  I did try to update the firmware on sat a few times and when I tried that, I only had success by plugging the AC to the computer and assistant worked but, my ipad was stuck on saying "firmware downloaded" . so I tried again via controller/ipad and it updated.  I am thinking it got messed up from the firmware.  I am not 100% sure though.  can I reset the AC and controller?
2018-9-24
Use props
tgflyforfun
lvl.1
United States

hi. I have been having the same problem. I am using an ipad 4. It seems to be due to wifi interference between the ipad and the rc. Turn wifi off on your ipad/ tablet and see if that helps.
2018-9-24
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Switch from dual mode to 2.4 and wait a minute. Should resolve it. I think there is a switching issue on RC power on or something.
2018-9-24
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

tgflyforfun Posted at 2018-9-24 17:24
hi. I have been having the same problem. I am using an ipad 4. It seems to be due to wifi interference between the ipad and the rc. Turn wifi off on your ipad/ tablet and see if that helps.

I tried that and its the same issue.
2018-9-24
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

Squashpile Posted at 2018-9-24 17:28
Switch from dual mode to 2.4 and wait a minute. Should resolve it. I think there is a switching issue on RC power on or something.

I tried that as well..  so weird.  
2018-9-24
Use props
tgflyforfun
lvl.1
United States

shredder777 Posted at 2018-9-24 18:27
I tried that and its the same issue.

After turning off wifi, restart your rc. Seems to fix it every time for me. Also, as another member mentioned, I did not have this problem until I did the software upgrade to make the goggles compatible.
2018-9-24
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

I will try the switching off wifi and turning off RC method.  Thank you!
2018-9-24
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 810869 ft
  • >>>

I have been having the same issue,  I have tried tried to Switch from dual mode to 2.4 /switching off wifi and turning off RC method with the same results.  This is only happening with my mavic 2 and not with my mavic air, mavic pro, inspire or phantom 4 pro.  I called DJI today talked to customer service after 30 min of trouble shooting over the phone DJI will be sending me an RMA to return the mavic 2.  I will be sending back tomorrow.
2018-9-24
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Mine has never shown anything other than POOR for radio channel quality, yet it has never affected my flights and some of them have been over two miles away from the RC. I'm not entirely convinced this description is functioning as I've never received a warning when two miles out.
2018-9-25
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

Zatx Posted at 2018-9-25 11:23
Mine has never shown anything other than POOR for radio channel quality, yet it has never affected my flights and some of them have been over two miles away from the RC. I'm not entirely convinced this description is functioning as I've never received a warning when two miles out.

I see.    I should be ok without issues since I dont do long flight right?  I just want peace of mind as I fly and work on footage...  I hope they fix this soon.
2018-9-26
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-24 16:26
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if you manage to update the firmware of this RC? Could please try to re-link the RC to AC to see if the issue would persist? Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hi Tony, I been trying to fix this for a few days and not successful.  Should I take it to my local dji store which is in Costa Mesa Ca?   
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shredder777 Posted at 2018-9-26 07:50
Hi Tony, I been trying to fix this for a few days and not successful.  Should I take it to my local dji store which is in Costa Mesa Ca?

Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. Please provide me a screenshot of the firmware version of your unit and app version. You can locate this information using the DJI GO 4 app and look for "About" section. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-26
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-26 08:41
Hi, We terribly apologize for the late response. Please provide me a screenshot of the firmware version of your unit and app version. You can locate this information using the DJI GO 4 app and look for "About" section. Thank you for the support.

its ok.  I hope to get this figured out.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shredder777 Posted at 2018-9-26 11:09
its ok.  I hope to get this figured out.[view_image]

I would recommend connecting your RC to your computer and using DJI Assistant 2. Once you've connected the RC, please refresh the firmware and try to re-linking the RC again to aircraft. Thank you for the support. Please see the link below.
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-9-26
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

Hello Tony, I found out something.  I went to the Image Transmission settings in the app and when its in DUAL mode I have the POOR reading. but, when I switch to custom and switch to 2.4 ghz (-104.4dbm) I get GOOD in (Radio Channel Quality).........Now, it went back to POOR when I turn it off then on.  I did the process again and went back to custom and I got GOOD again in 2.4.
2018-9-26
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-26 12:13
I would recommend connecting your RC to your computer and using DJI Assistant 2. Once you've connected the RC, please refresh the firmware and try to re-linking the RC again to aircraft. Thank you for the support. Please see the link below.
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

I will do this now.  just noticed a update on assisitant.  I was using v1 not 2.  I will download and try
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shredder777 Posted at 2018-9-26 12:44
I will do this now.  just noticed a update on assisitant.  I was using v1 not 2.  I will download and try

Hi, Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Hope everything will go well.
2018-9-26
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-26 12:51
Hi, Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Hope everything will go well.

Ok, I updated. same issue.  (POOR) . I went ahead and switched to 2.4ghz and it is on GOOD.  seems like there is a issue with 5.8ghz
2018-9-26
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3
United States

Ok, I updated. same issue.  (POOR) . I went ahead and switched to 2.4ghz and it is on GOOD.  seems like there is a issue with 5.8ghz
2018-9-26
Use props
fansa7deb17f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519708 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my Mavic 2 Pro and am having the same issue. Could it be the Firmware. I have the same as shredder777
2018-9-27
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

Yeah.. just like I said above and many times on here. The behavior is the same. Something is wrong.
2018-9-27
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

I am sure they are working on it.  I found early footage since I have had the drone it is on POOR transmission the whole time and I filmed a lot of footage before I noticed.  I just hope it gets worked out before anything else in the next firmware update.  Keep us posted Tony and dji.
2018-9-27
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

Hello Tony, I was just checking in to see if the engineers figured out a solution.  cheers!
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shredder777 Posted at 2018-9-29 23:06
Hello Tony, I was just checking in to see if the engineers figured out a solution.  cheers!

Hi, I was able to clarify this situation. I would recommend do the manual re-linking process for you to reconnect the AC to RC. Please check if the issue would persist on 5.8 GHz, however, you can change the location if this error message is caused by environment as well. Kindly let us know if it's still doing the same thing.
2018-10-1
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
  • >>>

I have been having the same issue.....I have tried everything mentioned above.  I really dont want to send back for service if not needed.
2018-10-1
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
  • >>>

shredder777 Posted at 2018-9-26 13:06
Ok, I updated. same issue.  (POOR) . I went ahead and switched to 2.4ghz and it is on GOOD.  seems like there is a issue with 5.8ghz

Shredder777 check the radio channel quality status again........ it always switches back to POOR  You can also switch back and forth from dual mode to get a GOOD signal but then eventually it always goes back to poor.   The mavic 2 zoom is going in for service I have tried everything, now lets see what DJI can do for me. I will keep everyone posted.......
2018-10-1
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I thought I was the only one having this issue thank you for posting your findings.  DJI we have a problem please help
2018-10-1
Use props
waxings
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Im having the same issue but mine is a replacement that was sent to me by DJI on a repair order. Very Frustrating!
2018-10-1
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
  • >>>

waxings Posted at 2018-10-1 12:55
Im having the same issue but mine is a replacement that was sent to me by DJI on a repair order. Very Frustrating!

Did you send in for service because of the poor radio channel quality ?..........then they sent back a replacement with the same issue?  
2018-10-1
Use props
waxings
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Raiderfan Posted at 2018-10-1 13:06
Did you send in for service because of the poor radio channel quality ?..........then they sent back a replacement with the same issue?

No It was user error. I dropped it and it messed up one of the sensors. They did not repair it, they sent me a replacement and now Im having this issue.
2018-10-1
Use props
Raiderfan
lvl.2
  • >>>

waxings Posted at 2018-10-1 13:10
No It was user error. I dropped it and it messed up one of the sensors. They did not repair it, they sent me a replacement and now Im having this issue.

Thank You,  This leads me to think it may be resolved in the next firmware update.  I was going to send my in today for service but now I will wait to see if DJI will response back to this thread.
2018-10-1
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-1 12:08
Hi, I was able to clarify this situation. I would recommend do the manual re-linking process for you to reconnect the AC to RC. Please check if the issue would persist on 5.8 GHz, however, you can change the location if this error message is caused by environment as well. Kindly let us know if it's still doing the same thing.

Greetings Tony,  Its the samething still.  I have flown it and it is in the back of my mind "Poor" lol . so, I am skeptical to be normal with it until I can trust it 100% .  I hope the next firmware fixes it.  It seems I am not the only one.   

Thank you for keeping us informed...

Cheers!
2018-10-2
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

Raiderfan Posted at 2018-10-1 12:25
Shredder777 check the radio channel quality status again........ it always switches back to POOR  You can also switch back and forth from dual mode to get a GOOD signal but then eventually it always goes back to poor.   The mavic 2 zoom is going in for service I have tried everything, now lets see what DJI can do for me. I will keep everyone posted.......

Cool Raiderfan, please keep us informed.  I wish I never seen the error (POOR) it just bothers me while flying.lol . lets cross our fingers they fix it next.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shredder777 Posted at 2018-10-2 23:44
Greetings Tony,  Its the samething still.  I have flown it and it is in the back of my mind "Poor" lol . so, I am skeptical to be normal with it until I can trust it 100% .  I hope the next firmware fixes it.  It seems I am not the only one.   

Thank you for keeping us informed...

Hi, Thanks for your response. Your scenario was handled by our engineers. Anyway, the poor signal will persist tho' your flying in a short distance of 5.8 GHz, right?
2018-10-3
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

Mine will show poor when using dual on 5.8, but the signal str graph is all green and the line is at the bottom. It seems to default to 5.8 in this location in Dual mode. Not sure about everyone else.
I can see why it would pick 5.8 in dual because the sig/interferece meter show nothing. It looks great on the screen, but RC will disconnect quickly even a few feet away. Moving to 2.4 seems to fix it for me even though the signal str and interference on the meter is much higher. It will not resolve itself by changing the freq automatically. It will be stuck until you manually change it to 2.4 and then it will frequency hop.

The line on 5.8 when showing poor/interference will be all the way at the bottom of the screen. I think there is a problem on power on with freq switching. It is weird because there is no 5.8 ghz anything around me that I can tell. The channels/freq look totally clean. I have never been able to use Dual mode. I still have no confidence to fly more than 100 feet or so.
2018-10-3
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-3 09:16
Hi, Thanks for your response. Your scenario was handled by our engineers. Anyway, the poor signal will persist tho' your flying in a short distance of 5.8 GHz, right?

cool! great news.  Yeap, its in 5.8.  It seems to be within the entire flight from close range (Takeoff) to flying normal flight (over 300ft) .
2018-10-3
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

Squashpile Posted at 2018-10-3 09:57
Mine will show poor when using dual on 5.8, but the signal str graph is all green and the line is at the bottom. It seems to default to 5.8 in this location in Dual mode. Not sure about everyone else.
I can see why it would pick 5.8 in dual beause the sig/interferece meter show nothing. It looks great on the screen, but RC will disconnect quickly even a few feet away. Moving to 2.4 seems to fix it for me even though the signal str and interference on the meter is much higher. It will not resolve itself by changing the freq automatically. It will be stuck until you manually change it to 2.4 and then it will frequency hop.

I agree with you Squashpile.  Tony, Everything Squashpile said is exactly what I am going through.  When I switch to 2.4, it says GOOD.  (I havent flown it like that yet) . I been really cautious just incase.
2018-10-3
Use props
shredder777
lvl.3

Hope I am not confusing you guys..lol.   There is something wrong with "Dual".  Thank you guys.
2018-10-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules