Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S + Canon 6D MK II Wired Control
13833 23 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Didn't try focus on half-press yet but...

2018-9-24
Use props
djiuser_2VB88Nzh2GJf
New

Argentina

Do yo hace any special setting on the camera? Can you take pictures like this also? Thank you!
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Johnson, thanks for sharing the Wired Control of Canon 6D MK II, currently, only the RSS-IR is officially supported, we will keep developing more features. Half-pressing gimbal's Camera Control Button to trigger autofocus will be available in the future firmware, please note our website about the future upgrade, thank you.
2018-9-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2VB88Nzh2GJf Posted at 2018-9-24 18:37
Do yo hace any special setting on the camera? Can you take pictures like this also? Thank you!

No special settings are required on the 6D Mark II when using the cable. The camera auto-detects the Ronin S when connected with the USB cable, regardless of the camera's settings. I have not tried taking still photos yet. I'll attempt that when I get home this evening and I'll post my results.
2018-9-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-25 00:42
Hi Johnson, thanks for sharing the Wired Control of Canon 6D MK II, currently, only the RSS-IR is officially supported, we will keep developing more features. Half-pressing gimbal's Camera Control Button to trigger autofocus will be available in the future firmware, please note our website about the future upgrade, thank you.

Awesome! I have not been able to get the IR cable to work with any of my 3 cameras, no matter what settings I have enabled. I have followed the instructions very carefully. Perhaps I received a bad cable. I am not sure. The wired work-around works very well though, so I am happy with it.
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Moni Johnson Posted at 2018-9-25 05:47
Awesome! I have not been able to get the IR cable to work with any of my 3 cameras, not matter what settings I have enabled. I have followed the instructions very carefully. Perhaps I received a bad cable. I am not sure. The wired work-around works very well though, so I am happy with it.

With the RSS-IR cable, please point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, you can use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
Please switch to Self-timer mode and ensure Bluetooth is turned off.
Then please select the Canon camera in Create--Camera Control.
2018-9-26
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2VB88Nzh2GJf Posted at 2018-9-24 18:37
Do yo hace any special setting on the camera? Can you take pictures like this also? Thank you!

I was able to check yesterday evening. I was not able to take photos this way.
2018-9-26
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-26 00:49
With the RSS-IR cable, please point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, you can use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.

Thank you very much for the info.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Moni Johnson Posted at 2018-9-26 04:16
Thank you very much for the info.

You are welcome, please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2018-9-26
Use props
Arja Krank
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-26 00:49

I have Canon 6 mk 2 and I have tried to connect Ronin S with IR cable. I have updated firmware in gimbal and camera,  switched off bluetooth and set self timer to 3.00 in the camera an poited the wire exactly to the right place. I have set the Canon camera in Ronin applications Create mood. Still no function when pushing Ronin record-button. Any succestions left?
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Arja Krank Posted at 2018-10-21 10:56
I have Canon 6 mk 2 and I have tried to connect Ronin S with IR cable. I have updated firmware in gimbal and camera,  switched off bluetooth and set self timer to 3.00 in the camera an poited the wire exactly to the right place. I have set the Canon camera in Ronin applications Create mood. Still no function when pushing Ronin record-button. Any succestions left?

Arja, sorry to hear that, it looks like all the settings are correct, could you please share us a short video for further support? Thank you in advance.
2018-10-22
Use props
Phetzarelli
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-22 05:02
Arja, sorry to hear that, it looks like all the settings are correct, could you please share us a short video for further support? Thank you in advance.

I was having the same issue with my 6D mk 2 with the IR cable but if you open the ronin app and select Create>Camera> (Mine was default to other) select Canon. I got my record button to work with photo (making sure the drive is on 2 sec remote timer) and video but I never got my follow focus to work and it keeps flashing red, even with all my compatible lenses.
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Phetzarelli Posted at 11-16 02:43
I was having the same issue with my 6D mk 2 with the IR cable but if you open the ronin app and select Create>Camera> (Mine was default to other) select Canon. I got my record button to work with photo (making sure the drive is on 2 sec remote timer) and video but I never got my follow focus to work and it keeps flashing red, even with all my compatible lenses.

Hi Phetzarelli, currently, with RSS-IR cable, we only support Start/stop recording video and Capture photo. Pulling focus and Autofocus features are still under developing, we will support them via the future firmware, thank you for your patience. GTScreenshot_20181116_190115.png
2018-11-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome piece of kit
2018-11-20
Use props
fans6381fdf7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Come on DJI - this is ridiculous - I had a Zhiyun Crane 2 and I can control all camera functions - Aperture, ISO, Shutter whilst recording - why can't the Ronin S do this!!! So annoying. And I can't find any other third party device to do this either The OKii can do it all, but not while recording
2018-12-8
Use props
Mostafa Zuhair
New

United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 9-25 05:47
Awesome! I have not been able to get the IR cable to work with any of my 3 cameras, not matter what settings I have enabled. I have followed the instructions very carefully. Perhaps I received a bad cable. I am not sure. The wired work-around works very well though, so I am happy with it.

I am getting the same issue here. And i dont believe its a bad cable i have tried 2 cables already
2018-12-10
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mostafa Zuhair Posted at 12-10 09:40
I am getting the same issue here. And i dont believe its a bad cable i have tried 2 cables already

Exactly! Honestly though, even if the IR cable worked for me, I would still use the adapter at this point.
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_EW6tuvNsOM92
New

United States

Moni Johnson Posted at 2018-9-25 05:47
Awesome! I have not been able to get the IR cable to work with any of my 3 cameras, no matter what settings I have enabled. I have followed the instructions very carefully. Perhaps I received a bad cable. I am not sure. The wired work-around works very well though, so I am happy with it.

I also can’t get the IR cable to work. I have the 6D mk ii
2019-4-25
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EW6tuvNsOM92 Posted at 4-25 17:12
I also can’t get the IR cable to work. I have the 6D mk ii

Yup. IR Cable never worked for me. Tried with three different 80D bodies and a 6D Mark II so far.
2019-7-18
Use props
djiuser_y2sBtIzkUgAE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2148419 ft
Greece

I make the last update for my ronin s And stop to work the start stop Control for my Canoon  6D mark II
I try to downgrade to the old firmware and did not work too
Before the update the control was working
I try to see if something is in my camera but the same happen and in my canon D5 mark VI
I spent to Mach time For to fix it bud still not work and I am very angry with DJI
Please tell me what can I do
I am Professional photographer and I can’t do my work
2019-11-19
Use props
Alex s.o.b.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 352323 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_y2sBtIzkUgAE Posted at 11-19 01:04
I make the last update for my ronin s And stop to work the start stop Control for my Canoon  6D mark II
I try to downgrade to the old firmware and did not work too
Before the update the control was working

V2.1.1. 0 ?

thanks for the info. its bad to hear
ill wait for more feedback from other 6d2 users, before i update my ronin s.
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_y2sBtIzkUgAE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2148419 ft
Greece

I make the new update v 2.1.1.0 but nothing happen for the control my canon D6  mark II
Nothing for canon cameras
I try it and in D5markVl
No control for start stop
2019-11-20
Use props
Daniel Gheorghe
New

United Kingdom

Can someone help me understand if it's possible to use the phone as the live screen of my canon 6d mark 2, while connected to ronin s by the cable? It seems like when is connected by the cable, the wireless connection option on camera's screen, is greyed out and can't be accessed. Is there any other way around that? Other than using an external monitor. Thank you in advance
2021-1-16
Use props
djiuser_6dtqI8BINOqc
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi, I'm wondering something, as I'm getting a RSC2 in the future, and I'm not changing my camera Canon 6D MK2 any  time soon, I do life events as all cameras transmit their footage to an SEG and will be showed on tv live, as Canon6D Mk 2 does not have Clean HDMI Output, does raven eye makes my Clean HDMI OutPut ??
2021-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules