Gimbal Shaking in Maximum Rapid Decent
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Gimbal Camera Shaking in Rapid Decent.  I record 1 minute videos for Instagram as that is the maximum time allowed.So many times i have to do a (MAXIMUM RAPID DECENT) to make the time limit and the drone is very wabbly and unstable coming down that fast.

THE VIDEO IS NO LONGER SMOOTH AS IT WAS BEFORE.........you can see the shaking in the video.

This camera shaking was not VISIBLE in the videos BEFORE while in Rapid Decent.............but now it is.............

So, does DJI need to make changes to the flight program to allow for smooth video recording at Maximum Rapid Decent or is the Gimbal Not Performing As Once New?

Does the drone need to be serviced, specifically the Gimbal

2018-9-24
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

This is normal behavior of multi rotors due to air turbulence created by the down force of the props and then the RPA trying to travel through it. Do you have an example so we can see if it is beyond normal?
2018-9-24
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

DarkZero Posted at 2018-9-24 20:09
This is normal behavior of multi rotors due to air turbulence created by the down force of the props and then the RPA trying to travel through it. Do you have an example so we can see if it is beyond normal?

I have the video, but its too big to load.  Before I could decend  downward at maximum speed and even though the drone was WOBBLY, the video was smooth.

Now you can see very little wobble in the video and I JUST GOT IT REPLACED UNDER DJI CARE REFRESH
2018-9-24
Use props
DarkZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923127 ft
Australia

SkyEye21 Posted at 2018-9-24 20:15
I have the video, but its too big to load.  Before I could decend  downward at maximum speed and even though the drone was WOBBLY, the video was smooth.

Now you can see very little wobble in the video and I JUST GOT IT REPLACED UNDER DJI CARE REFRESH

I don't know what to say mate, propwash is a real thing. Many factors make it worse or less but nothing other than moving out of its way will stop it. Can you upload the footage to youtube?

When descending roll to the left or right to move out of the wash and you should be fine. I know you are using Instagram video footage but what i do is just reverse a climb so it looks like i am descending when editing.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Do you have a sample video showing the problem? You may upload it through youtube or Dropbox and provide us the link.
2018-9-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably not much you can do about that.  Rapid descent is the roughest part of a drone flight.
2018-9-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you using the pins in the rubber dampeners?  Make sure there is plenty of play there.  Some people use cable ties - if that's you be sure they're loose - not too tight.  

Also if you come down at an angle, the shake of the AC will be reduced quite a bit.  

Good luck

2018-9-25
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-25 04:20
Are you using the pins in the rubber dampeners?  Make sure there is plenty of play there.  Some people use cable ties - if that's you be sure they're loose - not too tight.  

Also if you come down at an angle, the shake of the AC will be reduced quite a bit.  

My drone is a phantom 4 Advanced so I'm unsure about PINS and Rubber Dampeners.  I like to do PULL OUT videos and DIVE IN videos all the time as it avoids trees and powerlines
2018-9-25
Use props
bcarvalheiro
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi,

I have a brand new P4A and the footage is having jello effect.

The drone has had no impact or crash. Whats is going on with it?

I have refreshed the firmware and I tried to calibrate the gimbal which gets stuck at 50% progress forever.

I want support!

Regards
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules