Lost signal
1193 9 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kylev VK
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hey,

When I fly my drone to a long distance I feel afraid that at some point I will lose total signal with control and have no absolute image, should I be afraid? It's a stupid question

2018-9-24
Use props
Kylev VK
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Can I keep trying to go further when I win a signal and get lost again, without anything happening?
2018-9-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As long as you set the Return To Home function to come home, then you have notthing to worry about, the aircrafdt will come back to you automatically when it loses signal.
2018-9-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Geebax is right,but if you set hover on place or land on that point you lose signal may be you´ll  get a rescue mission and crash the aircraft or it lands safely and you make a rescue mission by foot.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. You should not worry if you fly in a long distance that will end up losing the signal since it will give you a message in your app that you're going further. You may also refer to post #3. As long as you already set your RTH, it will automatically go back to you.
2018-9-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Kylev VK Posted at 2018-9-24 19:51
Can I keep trying to go further when I win a signal and get lost again, without anything happening?

Hard to decipher this sentence, but know that when you lose FPV/telemetry you likely still have control - at least for a short while.  Obviously if you venture further away, you will eventually lose control too, and it will failsafe.  

Good luck.   
2018-9-25
Use props
Kylev VK
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Thank you all!
2018-9-28
Use props
Kylev VK
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Does it mean that if I go far and I lose signal and I don't have an image, the return to home will be activated automatically?
2018-9-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kylev VK Posted at 2018-9-28 19:11
Does it mean that if I go far and I lose signal and I don't have an image, the return to home will be activated automatically?

Yes, but you have two choices if that happens, set by the menu. The aircraft can return home, or it can stop where it is and hover. You need to ensure it is set to return home.
2018-9-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to go in to the RTH setings and make sure it is set correctly, it should also be 1 of your pre flight checks.\

Anyone else get a feeling that we will see more of Kylev? soon.....
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules