Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
It's worth it to upgrade from Mavic Air to Mavic 2 pro ?
4414 15 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ovi 1
First Officer
Flight distance : 351545 ft
United States

Hi, guys is the picture quality much better from the Mavic air to Mavic 2 pro?
I want to buy the Mavic 2 pro but after all the reviews and comparison on youtube, I'm a bit puzzled when it comes to compare picture quality between the 2 drones.

Is double the price worth the investment?

Thank you
2018-9-24
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 7625846 ft
  • >>>

Depends on what you want out of your drone & your level of disposable income.  

2018-9-24
Use props
Ovi 1
First Officer
United States

I’m just trying to get better image quality, better range and better battery life
2018-9-24
Use props
MagicRide
First Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I'm in the same situation that you are, but I've decided to keep my Mavic Air and wait and see what happens. The Mavic 2 pro is not worth the money unless it's night video or photography that you want.  I expected the day time video quality on that Hasselblad camera to blow my Air away and it doesn't, so the for the cost it's not worth it. Maybe DJI will do something about it with firmware, and then I will look at it again. For now I'm sitting put.
2018-9-24
Use props
saviour
First Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft

Depends on your needs. If you can sell your MA for a good price and absolutely need more flight time and range go for it. But you won't get a noticable better quality.
They are around the same.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Ovi 1, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Please take time to visit our DJI website for better information between the two aircraft. Have a safe flight always.

CONSUMER DRONES COMPARISON
2018-9-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-9-24 20:11
I’m just trying to get better image quality, better range and better battery life

If those are your needs then yes it is.
2018-9-25
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1171719 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I agree with A CW, the pro 2 would outperform the air in those requirements.
2018-9-25
Use props
saviour
First Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-25 04:33
I agree with A CW, the pro 2 would outperform the air in those requirements.

Not in quality of videos / photos.
2018-9-25
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1171719 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

saviour Posted at 2018-9-25 04:40
Not in quality of videos / photos.

Somebody asked for an opinion I gave mine, now do one.
2018-9-25
Use props
flyingcooldudea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174892 ft
Finland

ill stick with Air till mavic air 2 or mavic 3 pop out from Djis factory.
..Size could be even smaller than Air to fit my pocket, mavic 2 is like Tiger tank when flying )
2018-9-25
Use props
Captain Mal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 337890 ft
United States

Ovi 1 Posted at 2018-9-24 20:11

I upgraded from the Air for the same reasons that you list. The image is better on the M2P, though not by a giant margin. I am looking forward to getting better with dlog-m that can only be done on the M2P, but many people may not care about that.
The longer flight time and better signal range just crush what the Air can do though. Occusync 2 is no joke. My M2P flies with a perfect signal for a much longer range than my Air could even attempt.
2018-9-25
Use props
Ovi 1
First Officer
United States

Thank you guys for all your answers, I'll be making a decision pretty soon
2018-9-25
Use props
Johnny C!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

Dirty Bird,
  Absolutely beautiful video.  I love it.

But I have a question, and I don't mean this
to be derogatory or antagonistic. I am just asking.

How do you justify flying at night, and what I would guess is
higher than 400' AGL.

Again, I love the work.

Thanks!

John
2018-9-25
Use props
kp131
lvl.1
United States

Only reason why i love the MA2 is the small portable feeling of it. I mean in most cases fly more then3 miles you cant see it anymore so do you really need the range?
plus the video is just as good and the flight might not be so long but extra battery wont hurt to help with that problem!
2018-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

mavic air and the mavic 2 pro are not even in the same markets.  however mavic air vs mavic pro (1st gen) then maybe something to argue about here in either side. but the mavic 2 pro and mavic air are entirely targeting different people..

really as mentioned comes down what you want out of the drone.  one starts at $1500 and other starts at $800. both are equally as easy to fly and if you handle one you can handle the other, just be awar, maybe a bit overwhelmed at first on mavic 2 pro with all the buttons and options that you get.

but here is how i break it down:

best possible camera, battery life, amazing wireless range and tons and tons of options in a foldable drone.. get mavic 2 pro.

what a easily deployable drone with a decent 4K camera that folds up into a "pocketable" size, wieghs about half as much as the bigger mavic drones, and is fairly discrete and very capable and not intimidating to other people... get mavic air..
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules