really bad connection and then crashed
1505 18 2018-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46083 ft
Australia

Hi everyone i got a mavic 2 pro 3 weeks ago , i also ahve the white goggles that i was using with my previous phantom 4 pro .

The second fly was a real disaster , i took off fly for 150 meters and lost the connection with the aircraft, i did disconnect teh goggles but coudnt get the connection back with the drone .
After 3 long minute i found it crashed on the beach, with one arms broken .

So disapointing , but anyway i claim my dji care , got a new drone 8 days after , haooy with that it was fast.

But now, i'm so scared to fly again with the goggles , i did upgrade all the firmwares correctly .

I heard that maybe it coukd be a frequency issue as the mavic use 2 and the white goggles only one .

I need your help guys , anyone had the same problem with this combo ?

2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate event that happened. Is there an error message appeared in the live feed?
2018-9-24
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-24 23:49
Hi. We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate event that happened. Is there an error message appeared in the live feed?

Not at all i just lost the connection .
So from that should i take the risk to fly again ?
Shame because the goggles are expensive
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

lt_photographer Posted at 2018-9-24 23:59
Not at all i just lost the connection .
So from that should i take the risk to fly again ?
Shame because the goggles are expensive

Can you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for both? The aircraft and the goggles.
2018-9-25
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-25 00:09
Can you try to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for both? The aircraft and the goggles.

I'm using a mac so do you mean ? with my mac and dji assistant ?
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

lt_photographer Posted at 2018-9-25 01:49
I'm using a mac so do you mean ? with my mac and dji assistant ?

I'm sorry I'm confused. What I mean is refresh the firmware of the DJI Goggles and the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2.
2018-9-25
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since you have a new Mavic, there's no way to go back and look at the flight log stored on the Mavic. That would have most likely revealed what caused the crash.

The DJI Goggles connect directly to the Mavic (as does the remote controller). And the Mavic is flown with the remote controller (not the DJI Goggles). It doesn't seem likely that the DJI Goggles could cause the Mavic to disobey the remote controller's commands.
2018-9-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

I have the white goggles...initially there was a video range issue but that’s been sort of resolved...I’ve been flying with them almost every time and haven’t had any issues...they are, it seems, suspect to interference ..meaning different locations may get you different results ....but the disconnect/crash shouldn’t have anything to do with the goggles. You correctly removed the goggles out of the equation and you should have had control from the controller...be aware though that flying with the goggles doesn’t let you see your surroundings and I mean birds...some will attack and you’d never know what hit you....Don’t be afraid to fly, that’s why you bought the product but next time, if there is one,  upload the flight records..there’s a lot of good guys on here that can help analyze...
2018-9-25
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

msinger Posted at 2018-9-25 02:34
Since you have a new Mavic, there's no way to go back and look at the flight log stored on the Mavic. That would have most likely revealed what caused the crash.

The DJI Goggles connect directly to the Mavic (as does the remote controller). And the Mavic is flown with the remote controller (not the DJI Goggles). It doesn't seem likely that the DJI Goggles could cause the Mavic to disobey the remote controller's commands.

Thanks for your answer i still have that flight records here is the link , it should still work .
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/226SYVEEXD0IXLZ5IANW/
2018-9-25
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-25 11:00
I have the white goggles...initially there was a video range issue but that’s been sort of resolved...I’ve been flying with them almost every time and haven’t had any issues...they are, it seems, suspect to interference ..meaning different locations may get you different results ....but the disconnect/crash shouldn’t have anything to do with the goggles. You correctly removed the goggles out of the equation and you should have had control from the controller...be aware though that flying with the goggles doesn’t let you see your surroundings and I mean birds...some will attack and you’d never know what hit you....Don’t be afraid to fly, that’s why you bought the product but next time, if there is one,  upload the flight records..there’s a lot of good guys on here that can help analyze...

Hi Dennis do you use the white goggles with a Mavic pro 2 ? I agree with you i should Not be afraid to use them , i just went through that bad experience , saying that i did use they goggles before with my phantom 4 pro and never , never had a problem but the connection is with a cable .

Here is a flight  record link .

Thanks a lot for your help
2018-9-25
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-25 11:00
I have the white goggles...initially there was a video range issue but that’s been sort of resolved...I’ve been flying with them almost every time and haven’t had any issues...they are, it seems, suspect to interference ..meaning different locations may get you different results ....but the disconnect/crash shouldn’t have anything to do with the goggles. You correctly removed the goggles out of the equation and you should have had control from the controller...be aware though that flying with the goggles doesn’t let you see your surroundings and I mean birds...some will attack and you’d never know what hit you....Don’t be afraid to fly, that’s why you bought the product but next time, if there is one,  upload the flight records..there’s a lot of good guys on here that can help analyze...

Hi Dennis do you use the white goggles with a Mavic pro 2 ? I agree with you i should Not be afraid to use them , i just went through that bad experience , saying that i did use they goggles before with my phantom 4 pro and never , never had a problem but the connection is with a cable .

Thanks a lot for your help
2018-9-25
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-25 01:56
I'm sorry I'm confused. What I mean is refresh the firmware of the DJI Goggles and the aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2.

That is what i did
2018-9-25
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-25 01:56

That is what i did
2018-9-25
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

lt_photographer Posted at 2018-9-25 13:29
Thanks for your answer i still have that flight records here is the link , it should still work .

It looks like there could have been trees in between you and your Mavic. If that was the case, it's most likely what blocked the remote controller signal. The path between the Mavic and remote controller always needs to be completely free of all obstacles.
2018-9-25
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

msinger Posted at 2018-9-25 13:59
It looks like there could have been trees in between you and your Mavic. If that was the case, it's most likely what blocked the remote controller signal. The path between the Mavic and remote controller always needs to be completely free of all obstacles.

It could be and i’m Agrée with you , but in the past i used to take off in some spot like that , i mean in the middle of the forest and fly my drone on long distance and never lost the connection .
It’s really hard to see on the map wich come with that link , but those trees are not so big so shouldn’t block the signal ,

I have another question i read that Mavic pro 2 is using two frequency and the dji goggles only one , do i have to change anything is the settings or not ?
2018-9-25
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

msinger Posted at 2018-9-25 13:59

It could be and i’m Agrée with you , but in the past i used to take off in some spot like that , i mean in the middle of the forest and fly my drone on long distance and never lost the connection .
It’s really hard to see on the map wich come with that link , but those trees are not so big so shouldn’t block the signal ,

I have another question i read that Mavic pro 2 is using two frequency and the dji goggles only one , do i have to change anything is the settings or not ?
2018-9-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

lt_photographer Posted at 2018-9-25 13:38

Soo...interesting...I see the weak signal error but even at that it should have initiated RTH ...from the map view it would have had time to do obstacle avoidance and it should be part of the log...you also had 160 feet altitude....Ive seen a couple flight records where an ESC was lost but even at that there were error messages on the way down...like gimbal cant stay centered and the altitude drop....Unless someone just blew you out of the sky I'll defer to some of the others on here....and to make sure, that was the last entry on the log right?  
2018-9-26
Use props
lt_photographer
lvl.1
Australia

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-26 05:04
Soo...interesting...I see the weak signal error but even at that it should have initiated RTH ...from the map view it would have had time to do obstacle avoidance and it should be part of the log...you also had 160 feet altitude....Ive seen a couple flight records where an ESC was lost but even at that there were error messages on the way down...like gimbal cant stay centered and the altitude drop....Unless someone just blew you out of the sky I'll defer to some of the others on here....and to make sure, that was the last entry on the log right?

I was really surprise of what happen , i've been flying drone for 3 years now , had many times wired connection and my drone always came back .

Anyway i will try again with the goggles but i will probably fly really low and see how far can i go
2018-9-26
Use props
gtsdart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19879 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-25 02:34
Since you have a new Mavic, there's no way to go back and look at the flight log stored on the Mavic. That would have most likely revealed what caused the crash.

I would agree with you sir. I just got my Mavic 2 zoom, and got the RE goggles with it.  Though the goggles have serious issues with range, mine so far disconnect at about 1/4 mile or possibly 1/2 mile over water.

Yesterday I found another update for the goggles ending with "007".  It didn't change anything. But at no time, has the goggles interrupted the flight beyond taking off the useless and expensive goggles and just using my iPhone hanging from the transmitter.
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules