Correcting lens distortion
3416 4 2018-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob_S
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

Just wanted to say that you can correct the Mavic Air's lens distortion now using the PTLens plugin in Photoshop.

For video, you open your video file in Photoshop, convert it to a Smart Object, add PTLens (Filter>ePaperPress>PT Lens) to the layer, select the camera and lens (Make: DJI; Model: Mavic Air; Lens: Video) and then render the video.

For stills, Photoshop automatically corrects the lens distortion when opening the Mavic Air's DNG files. If you want to remove lens distortion using the PTLens plugin, you can open the DNG file in a raw converter like RawTherapee, save a TIFF file, and then open the TIFF file in Photoshop, where you can apply the PTLens plugin.

If you just want a quick fix for the horizon dropping towards the edge of the frame (right and left), you can adjust Horizontal Decentering (Presets>Video Effects>Distort>Lens Distortion) in Premiere Pro. Try +1 as a setting to start, and then adjust Scale and Position under the Motion effect to compensate for the moving up of the pixels along the bottom edge of the frame.

If anyone else wants another drone lens' distortion corrected by PTLens, you can send your stills and video to Tom Niemann. Here's what to send: https://www.epaperpress.com/ptlens/calTargets.html

I'm not affiliated to ePaperPress. I've just been using PTLens for many years... and thought I'd pass this on.

2018-9-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Thank you for sharing! It hasn't been a problem for me so far, but it is very useful information.
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for sharing some informative information here, fly safely. Cheers!
2018-9-25
Use props
Bingos
lvl.1

Try online converter https://onlineconvertfree.com somotimes it help me.

2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_xLE6O03jcrPU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1198346 ft
Romania

To have at least  decent pictures and video ( like i had from Spark) I have to buy photoshop ,ptlens and spend a lot of time ? Better sell my AIR ...
2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules