4267 96 2018-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I open this thread to Ask that Dji steps in when asked by Forum members on here to ban Trolls, spammers and people that just condemn and make fun of other.This forum is to be used for info, to help other pilots and to share their beautifull work. I see plenty of threads on here where idiots make stupid comments and Dji does nothing about it.

Dji, step up to the plate and stop these Monkeys, and YES i will name one SIMIIS, from invading peoples posts and wasting their time. A simple poll for all who wants this to stop and if you know the name of those spammers, trolls post their names here - Name and Shame them

Single SelectVote, Total 94 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

92.55% (87)
1.06% (1)
6.38% (6)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-9-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes!  several people here at-least need a decent suspension and a firm warning..  maybe disable their drones as well.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-25 09:45
yes!  several people here at-least need a decent suspension and a firm warning..  maybe disable their drones as well.

I fully agree, Dji needs to take control back of these forum chats and not let these guys go willy nilly on here.
2018-9-25
Use props
SirDuarte
lvl.3

Portugal

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-9-25
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fully agree, I am all for dialog and communication, but when it becomes personal attacks to highjack a serious issue as described above by a named troll like SIMIIS DJI should take action and bring order back to the forum. 100% in full agreement with Suren on this.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

SirDuarte Posted at 2018-9-25 10:12
I´m Not one of those Spammers or Trolls , Am I ?

I Hope not ...

Hopefully not
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-25 10:22
Fully agree, I am all for dialog and communication, but when it becomes personal attacks to highjack a serious issue as described above by a named troll like SIMIIS DJI should take action and bring order back to the forum. 100% in full agreement with Suren on this.

Thanks John. Yeah a simple post asking for some advice by some users on here most of the times get turned onto arguments and name calling, I and many others hold the Dji brand high and yes we know like all electronic equipment there is bound to be some sort of failure but it is no good going around and hijacking peoples threads calling them names and passing derogatory comments
2018-9-25
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I actually made a thread just like this over in the Service section. a DJI rep replied but basically just ignored what I was saying completely. It's almost worse then the Facebook groups. I see some of these members in here making fun of a lady for how she looks in her avatar or these other trolls going back and forth ruining threads and some of the stuff I'm seeing is pretty offensive and bad. Then I see some users show up in threads as "banned" and it makes me wonder how much worse those people where if these other people are still running around.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-25 10:47
I actually made a thread just like this over in the Service section. a DJI rep replied but basically just ignored what I was saying completely. It's almost worse then the Facebook groups. I see some of these members in here making fun of a lady for how she looks in her avatar or these other trolls going back and forth ruining threads and some of the stuff I'm seeing is pretty offensive and bad. Then I see some users show up in threads as "banned" and it makes me wonder how much worse those people where if these other people are still running around.

I did PM and admin in hope that soem action is taken against this. This is a public forum and things that are being said here should not be
2018-9-25
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 10:51
I did PM and admin in hope that soem action is taken against this. This is a public forum and things that are being said here should not be

I can honestly say, my 10 year old loves drones and I let him fly my Mavic Pro in beginner mode whenever we are out in the middle of no-where (I live in Iowa so that's easy to find lol). I've been thinking about getting him a drone and I can say that I would have seconds thoughts about letting him join these pages. At least in the current state things have been recently. Hopefully it will all straighten up soon. I assume the release of the Mavic 2's probably brought out some anti DJI people that have decided to pop in and stir the pot or something.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-25 10:55
I can honestly say, my 10 year old loves drones and I let him fly my Mavic Pro in beginner mode whenever we are out in the middle of no-where (I live in Iowa so that's easy to find lol). I've been thinking about getting him a drone and I can say that I would have seconds thoughts about letting him join these pages. At least in the current state things have been recently. Hopefully it will all straighten up soon. I assume the release of the Mavic 2's probably brought out some anti DJI people that have decided to pop in and stir the pot or something.

You actually gave me an idea to get my boys to fly my Pro as well. I got them 2 cheap knock offs and they enjoy it but they always want to fly the Mavic. Yeah I hope this forum cleans out quickly or like others I will keep on Mavic pilots
2018-9-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am getting the impression that some people have secondary accounts on here not to mention that profiles are being duped! Just ignore um' - unless they get really low of course then I'll address in my own way.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-9-25 11:00
I am getting the impression that some people have secondary accounts on here not to mention that profiles are being duped! Just ignore um' - unless they get really low of course then I'll address in my own way.

Yeah I believe some do but why? it does not make sense to have second accounts here it sounds so stupid. My last thread actually pushed me to create this in hope that Dji does something about this, maybe all new users need to verify some sort of identity to ensure you can only have one account here, that in a way will stop the trolling, also you must have an activated drone or would have flown a Dji drone within the last 3 months. Just some ideas for the Admins to take in
2018-9-25
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

100% agree. Used to be an admin on the EA forums many years ago when it got bad there. They made some of the more level headed members admins to help out in the day to day running of the forums. Within a few weeks the forums were cleaned up. Did that for a couple of years before I stepped down. Maybe an idea for here. May work.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Duncandonut Posted at 2018-9-25 11:10
100% agree. Used to be an admin on the EA forums many years ago when it got bad there. They made some of the more level headed members admins to help out in the day to day running of the forums. Within a few weeks the forums were cleaned up. Did that for a couple of years before I stepped down. Maybe an idea for here. May work.

That would work as well, will help a lot
2018-9-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 11:03
Yeah I believe some do but why? it does not make sense to have second accounts here it sounds so stupid. My last thread actually pushed me to create this in hope that Dji does something about this, maybe all new users need to verify some sort of identity to ensure you can only have one account here, that in a way will stop the trolling, also you must have an activated drone or would have flown a Dji drone within the last 3 months. Just some ideas for the Admins to take in

Multitude of reasons I guess mate - mainly insecurity and one huge gap in their life. I've come across some seriously nasty folk on here and seen all sorts of offensive content. But I have to say the remarks made to that lady Christine is a serious low and the homophobic comments made by that ...... is a new one too. You can ban them but they only come back under another profile and usually with a vengeance. It will get to the point where the good people will stop using the forum and leave just the nut jobs amongst themselves before the forum is probably shut down. For me the best solution is to ignore it until it becomes personal against you and when that happens I don't hold back in the slightest... there are some that are just irrelevant, make no contribution at all and are clearly using this forum as a platform to amuse themselves at the perceived expense of others which is just wrong on every level - that 420m Simiis guy is a classic example.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-9-25 11:21
Multitude of reasons I guess mate - mainly insecurity and one huge gap in their life. I've come across some seriously nasty folk on here and seen all sorts of offensive content. But I have to say the remarks made to that lady Christine is a serious low and the homophobic comments made by that ...... is a new one too. You can ban them but they only come back under another profile and usually with a vengeance. It will get to the point where the good people will stop using the forum and leave just the nut jobs amongst themselves before the forum is probably shut down. For me the best solution is to ignore it until it becomes personal against you and when that happens I don't hold back in the slightest... there are some that are just irrelevant, make no contribution at all and are clearly using this forum as a platform to amuse themselves at the perceived expense of others which is just wrong on every level - that 420m Simiis guy is a classic example.

That Simiis or whatever his real name is a total nut. I normally do not take offence to these type of comments and just laugh them down but this time he has gone to far. I have registered with Mavic Pilots as well now and from reading threads on there you do not see these type of comments, the admins are very strict there
2018-9-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 11:26
That Simiis or whatever his real name is a total nut. I normally do not take offence to these type of comments and just laugh them down but this time he has gone to far. I have registered with Mavic Pilots as well now and from reading threads on there you do not see these type of comments, the admins are very strict there

It is hard sometimes not to defend yourself then you're down to their level so always best not to let it get to you but I agree that it is hard sometimes then folk have a go at you for defending yourself. Crazy.
Still, I just look at my watch I say to myself 'Andy, chill - your watch is worth more than that moron earns in a year' and if we were in a pub they'd never say that to my face which just makes them even more pathetic mate. Single, weak, spineless, uneducated cyber bullies with very empty lives. Don't waste your energy with um'
2018-9-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Dear Suren, I fully support your motion and have done so also from my end towards DJI administrators here. What we have seen in the past days is highly deplorable and way over the top of what can be acceptable. Having been around here for at least a while I very much appreciate the high level of freedom of speech that DJI is granting in their own forum also for criticising their products or particular malfunctions of them. This is a great attitude and values the feedback of customers, even if it is negative feedback. If justified, it will help to improve the performance of the products. But what we have seen recently has nothing to do with that and it urgently needs to be addressed!
2018-9-25
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Simis actually posts legit topics unlike a lot of people, sure he's biased so was Tommy but wouldn't have even known the h3 chip was in the mp2 without him. I forgot why I left the first time, now I remember!

The humorless need to lighten up.. Life too short
2018-9-25
Use props
simïis
lvl.2

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-25 12:27
Simis actually posts legit topics unlike a lot of people, sure he's biased so was Tommy but wouldn't have even known the h3 chip was in the mp2 without him. I forgot why I left the first time, now I remember!

You should be banned for your poor attitude, its disgusting.

We have a saying about people like you in Latvia, Dumjš tas putns, kam sava ligzda nav mīļa.

2018-9-25
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

I think that this forum needs to be improved. Someone must moderate threads and I would want to subscribe my preferite threads and I would want to receive some kind of notification when someone adds a post
2018-9-25
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Hi Suren,

Couldn't have said it better myself! I won't name names of people whom I think should be banned, because honestly, they've outed themselves quite bluntly these last few weeks / months even, and now all that is needed is for DJI admins, maybe even super admins like DJI-BladeStrike, to come in and do a cleansing of this forum.

Many of the posts / hijakcs / insults / lies thrown out by these people against others here would've gotten them perm banned on most any other forum on the net, so it boggles my mind why DJI allows this to continue.

As an example, I know a poster who was identified to me as a troll, TommyMe, didn't seem "trollish" to me in the interactions / posts he made, speaking from just one thread of discussion, but he got banned for posting internal tear-down pictures of the M2 to show what type of ISP was being used inside the M2P. Having looked at older posts, in the past yes he trolled badly, but I say all this to show that DJI will ban a member quite quickly when pictures like that are posted, but not when homophobic or intolerant insults are thrown about, or lies are spread, or thread highjacking takes place.

Makes me wonder what DJI's priorities are on this forum...
2018-9-25
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, clearly DJI has no interest in actually moderating. I'm a new-ish drone pilot that came here looking for good info. And I have gotten some, but the forums are full of so much hate, disrespect, so called "humor" that serves only to belittle others. I'm leaving the forum and hope to see the quality people from here show up on MavicPilots website forum, where they seem to be more active with silencing the trolls and haters.
2018-9-25
Use props
simĺs
lvl.2

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 09:46
I fully agree, Dji needs to take control back of these forum chats and not let these guys go willy nilly on here.

133wts54aol11.jpg
2018-9-25
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

OMG, they banned him!!!

2018-9-25
Use props
Packer Backer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

While I don't mind the ban hammer being swung every now and then, I just look past them, the trolls that is. Sometimes they are funny most of the times just pitiful. But I have learned to just ignore them. They want people to take the bait, they like the attention any way they can get it. Unless the Ban hammer is IP driven or possibly accounts restricted to product registration then they will just make another account
2018-9-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you DJI
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-9-25 11:40
It is hard sometimes not to defend yourself then you're down to their level so always best not to let it get to you but I agree that it is hard sometimes then folk have a go at you for defending yourself. Crazy.
Still, I just look at my watch I say to myself 'Andy, chill - your watch is worth more than that moron earns in a year' and if we were in a pub they'd never say that to my face which just makes them even more pathetic mate. Single, weak, spineless, uneducated cyber bullies with very empty lives. Don't waste your energy with um'

True words                       
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-25 11:54
Dear Suren, I fully support your motion and have done so also from my end towards DJI administrators here. What we have seen in the past days is highly deplorable and way over the top of what can be acceptable. Having been around here for at least a while I very much appreciate the high level of freedom of speech that DJI is granting in their own forum also for criticising their products or particular malfunctions of them. This is a great attitude and values the feedback of customers, even if it is negative feedback. If justified, it will help to improve the performance of the products. But what we have seen recently has nothing to do with that and it urgently needs to be addressed!

Thabks Bud, every company needs to get some negative responses to better themselves and if they only recieved positive then something is wrong but Yes what has recently being happening on here is unacceptable.

The down vote that you recieved for this post must have been by some troll
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-25 12:27

Yes you can post about the issues but he and others must not make personal attacks on guys on this forum, we all are on here to learn from each and share what we have learnt. No one person on this forum can say they know it all and do not learn every day, I know I do.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-25 17:27
Hi Suren,

Couldn't have said it better myself! I won't name names of people whom I think should be banned, because honestly, they've outed themselves quite bluntly these last few weeks / months even, and now all that is needed is for DJI admins, maybe even super admins like DJI-BladeStrike, to come in and do a cleansing of this forum.

It seems that they have banned simiis now from looking at his post above, that is for one good news.
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Packer Backer Posted at 2018-9-25 20:33
While I don't mind the ban hammer being swung every now and then, I just look past them, the trolls that is. Sometimes they are funny most of the times just pitiful. But I have learned to just ignore them. They want people to take the bait, they like the attention any way they can get it. Unless the Ban hammer is IP driven or possibly accounts restricted to product registration then they will just make another account

So maybe these guys have nothing better to say and they troll and wait for someone to take the bait so that they can keep posting and earning points, just my two cents thoughts. Dont these points help guys get discounts on equipment, maybe that is why they troll because they cannot afford to buy the equipment with their hard earned money like the rest of us
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

To the Dji Admin that banned simiis, I thank You very much. It goes to show that when required you guys will do the right thing, A very Big Thank You Again
2018-9-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

To all my fellow Pilots and friends on here Thank You for voting with me so that action could have been taken against Simiis, Only together our voice could have been heard
2018-9-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 23:27
To all my fellow Pilots and friends on here Thank You for voting with me so that action could have been taken against Simiis,  Only together our voice could have been heard

Well said mate!
2018-9-26
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Been like this since the day one Phantom One though people have been banned from the forum in the past
2018-9-26
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-25 09:45

A very good idea! Maybe as a start at least cripple their drones by for instance keeping them within 10 meters. The remote should beep as soon as the pilot tries to exceed this perimeter.
2018-9-26
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 23:27
To all my fellow Pilots and friends on here Thank You for voting with me so that action could have been taken against Simiis,  Only together our voice could have been heard

I was wondering who the lonely person who voted for 'Option #2' was?

Problem child shall probably return though - new name, new meds, new IP address.
With all the free Wi-Fi hotspots it's like chasing the wind.

DJI cannot afford to link accounts to an aircraft s/n as many genuine potential customers visit this site to ask questions before they commit to a purchase.

As already mentioned, do not respond to the nutbags.

It would be really sweet if DJI could include an 'Ignore' button on this forum, that would soon sort out the trolls.   
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Boffin Posted at 2018-9-26 01:42
I was wondering who the lonely person who voted for 'Option #2' was?

Problem child shall probably return though - new name, new meds, new IP address.

I like that idea, create an ignore button for each thread
2018-9-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules