Thank You my Friend
2018-9-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 23:12
Thabks Bud, every company needs to get some negative responses to better themselves and if they only recieved positive then something is wrong but Yes what has recently being happening on here is unacceptable.

The down vote that you recieved for this post must have been by some troll

Yes, and I even know which one of them ;-)
2018-9-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 2018-9-25 23:27
To all my fellow Pilots and friends on here Thank You for voting with me so that action could have been taken against Simiis,  Only together our voice could have been heard

More than happy to stand up and be counted, that sort of person shouldn't be given access to the internet period.
2018-9-26
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear Suren,

I respect you as a forum user, as a Capitan with experience on birds and in this Community; I respect you as your threads have contented and so on. But I want to give my two coins on your demand.
I am from Brazil, so my mother language is not English. I fly for a couple of years but I am not an old user in DJI’s forum. When I was a newbie I had many, thousands of doubts. And I came here! I found people who helped me and experienced pilots who cheated me.
And honestly, to be ignored or joked by an experienced pilot is far worse than be trolled!
A troll is a troll: someone who needs to appear. Says sh%$#t and the worst thing you can feel is pity! But when you get unpolite treatment from someone who you don’t expect this….it hurts your feelings.
So, saying this, I agree with your positioning about trolls, but I see that this forum needs moderation.
Few admins don’t manage to rule everything. But I don’t see this forum opening to mods!
So, thank you for reading my post and expect to help improving this great site.
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

DocAraxá Posted at 2018-9-26 03:41
Dear Suren,

I respect you as a forum user, as a Capitan with experience on birds and in this Community; I respect you as your threads have contented and so on. But I want to give my two coins on your demand.

Thank You for your comments DocAraxa
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-26 03:05
More than happy to stand up and be counted, that sort of person shouldn't be given access to the internet period.

2018-9-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I'm on other fora and they have an automatic oversight (bot) that filters for obscenities and basically folds (hides) the message/comment - but if you really want to read it you can press a tab and reveal the message on your browser. You can also mute individual subscribers. Seems that's the way to go for DJI forums. Freedom of speech is preserved but nutters can be ignored.
2018-9-26
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

I agree with Suren 100%, some of us old timers really don't have that much knowledge with computers nor computer jargon, and it's a real shame that some people will come back at you with some nasty remark about your lack of knowledge.
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No problem mate. I have no doubt he is creating a new profile with Suren or A CW on it as we speak. Though I doubt he'll be a Captain and have 7 DJI drones, nearly 70,000 points and more than a million metres in his profile and he's def not British so double check the details hahahaha
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-9-26 07:33
No problem mate. I have no doubt he is creating a new profile with Suren or A CW on it as we speak. Though I doubt he'll be a Captain and have 7 DJI drones, nearly 70,000 points and more than a million metres in his profile and he's def not British so double check the details  hahahaha

2018-9-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Ban the Idiots on this Forum
What!  Do you want to have entire forum to yourself?  
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-26 09:19
Ban the Idiots on this Forum
What!  Do you want to have entire forum to yourself?

Yeah then I can create multiple alias and talk to myself
2018-9-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 2018-9-26 01:42
I was wondering who the lonely person who voted for 'Option #2' was?

Problem child shall probably return though - new name, new meds, new IP address.

i think crippling their aircraft should still be an option in the future..  maybe as a last resort.. this person is really really bad, they look up active aircraft linked to the account and NFZ every millimeter of the world for them.

i think an easier anti trolling method would be better moderation system/more moderators + an automated anti-trolling system that if it detects that X user is trolling/highly immature it can suspend the account or atleast "mute" that user until a manual review happens.     being able to detect name calling and troll baiting and stuff has to be figured out but, given Dji's slow response to issues and their almost desire that it maybe a worthwhile investment for them
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for creating this thread. You can reach us if you think users are not complying with our DJI Forum rules and also if it keeps using an offensive language so that we can investigate it. We're currently checking the user that you've mentioned on your thread. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-9-26 07:33
No problem mate. I have no doubt he is creating a new profile with Suren or A CW on it as we speak. Though I doubt he'll be a Captain and have 7 DJI drones, nearly 70,000 points and more than a million metres in his profile and he's def not British so double check the details  hahahaha

What you mean the email you sent me earlier offering your inspire for a fiver was not legit, damn, send my money back lol
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-26 10:22
What you mean the email you sent me earlier offering your inspire for a fiver was not legit, damn, send my money back lol

Hahahahaha - someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Yeah, a tenner!
Bit off topic with this question but you're the man to ask John. Being serious - is the Zenmuse X5 worth buying for the I1 - what flight times are you getting out of it. I appreciate it's a M4T sensor but what is the overall quality like in your experience with the I1Pro?
2018-9-26
Use props
SirDuarte
lvl.3

Portugal

[ Last edited by *** In 2021-3-3 04:40 Editor ]\n\n***************
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-26 10:16
Hi, Thanks for creating this thread. You can reach us if you think users are not complying with our DJI Forum rules and also if it keeps using an offensive language so that we can investigate it. We're currently checking the user that you've mentioned on your thread. Thank you for the support.

Thank You for responding it is great appreciated.
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 2018-9-26 02:06
I like that idea, create an ignore button for each thread

I'd prefer a block button like on FB - wipe um' off from seeing anything connected to me or my profile.
2018-9-26
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-9-26 10:52
Hahahahaha - someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Yeah, a tenner!
Bit off topic with this question but you're the man to ask John. Being serious - is the Zenmuse X5 worth buying for the I1 - what flight times are you getting out of it. I appreciate it's a M4T sensor but what is the overall quality like in your experience with the I1Pro?

I would without any shadow of doubt recommend the X5. It's a heavier system to the X3 so flight times will suffer, if but very minimally. We average 21-24 minutes dependant on wind and how hard we push it. I can't fault it, it is exceptional quality. Seriously Andy, invest and get it, it is a beast.
2018-9-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Hi, Thanks for creating this thread. You can reach us if you think users are not complying with our DJI Forum rules and also if it keeps using an offensive language so that we can investigate it. We're currently checking the user that you've mentioned on your thread. Thank you for the support.

Dear Tony, thank you very much for this indeed and I can only encourage you to do this more frequently across the forum. This particular case was/is not unique.
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-26 11:20
I would without any shadow of doubt recommend the X5. It's a heavier system to the X3 so flight times will suffer, if but very minimally. We average 21-24 minutes dependant on wind and how hard we push it. I can't fault it, it is exceptional quality. Seriously Andy, invest and get it, it is a beast.

Thanks mate - I've seen some great deals so it is on my list to get. The footage looks very cinematic and low light performance is exceptional. Glad to see you rate it too mate.
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-26 11:23
Dear Tony, thank you very much for this indeed and I can only encourage you to do this more frequently across the forum. This particular case was/is not unique.

We will try our best to scan every thread to see if there will be users that are not following the forum rules. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-26 12:19
We will try our best to scan every thread to see if there will be users that are not following the forum rules. Thank you for the support.

You are most welcome and thank you again!
2018-9-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-26 10:12
i think crippling their aircraft should still be an option in the future..  maybe as a last resort.. this person is really really bad, they look up active aircraft linked to the account and NFZ every millimeter of the world for them.

i think an easier anti trolling method would be better moderation system/more moderators + an automated anti-trolling system that if it detects that X user is trolling/highly immature it can suspend the account or atleast "mute" that user until a manual review happens.     being able to detect name calling and troll baiting and stuff has to be figured out but, given Dji's slow response to issues and their almost desire that it maybe a worthwhile investment for them

RE: Ban the Idiots on this Forum
i think an easier anti trolling method would be better moderation system/more moderators

Not likely.  

The "idiots" have been reported before for flamming others, derailing threads, calling others crude names, absolutely violating policies (as confirmed by a DJI Admin) - yet the reported "idiots" have been allowed to continue; despite evidence & proof being provided of being "idiots".

Does not help when a few members here not only refuse to disavow those "idiots", but actively support those "idiots".  Pretty hypocritical of those few to now support action being taken against "idiots", when they have in past supported the "idiots".   Perhaps reason being, a case of Useful "idiots" vs. non-Useful "idiots"?

2018-9-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-26 13:28
RE: Ban the Idiots on this Forum
i think an easier anti trolling method would be better moderation system/more moderators

i know i'm a bit overly optimistic sometimes.   

and yea some people want to be everyone's friend type instead of calling them out on it and standing up.
2018-9-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-25 09:45
yes!  several people here at-least need a decent suspension and a firm warning..  maybe disable their drones as well.

Firm warning - Sure.
Suspension - Maybe.
Disable drone - No.

Reason for 'Maybe' - Few members could gang together to get a person banned.  To easy for a few to make false accusations.  The possibility of Suspension would need to be investigated and done without bias.

Reason for 'No' - Looking for a Lawsuit.  With almost a sure Jackpot Jury decision for person whose drone was disabled.
2018-9-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-26 13:39
Firm warning - Sure.
Suspension - Maybe.
Disable drone - No.

thats why im mentioning a better moderation system or more solid moderators though.   false reports wouldn't matter with more moderators and a better moderation system in fact with a better system in place, people who false report often can have the report button greyed out or suspended themselves after a warning.  

as for the drone disabling thing, more because im still a bit salty with how these trolls treated members of this forum.  i just want them to suffer as well somehow in a more direct way.  
2018-9-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-26 13:28
RE: Ban the Idiots on this Forum

I shall definitely not start an argument with you about this post because I perfectly know who are the persons you are referring to. Just bear in mind that you also can be perceived the same way in which you are obviously perceiving a few others. We all should aim to remain polite to each other and show mutual respect for constructive posts. The one among us who is without guilt may throw the first stone. For sure it won't be me and neither you. Now let's all try to continue in a better way than it has been in recent times.
2018-9-26
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Hi, Thanks for creating this thread. You can reach us if you think users are not complying with our DJI Forum rules and also if it keeps using an offensive language so that we can investigate it. We're currently checking the user that you've mentioned on your thread. Thank you for the support.

Now you guys need to get rid if that hippoz dude after what he said to christine.
2018-9-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-26 14:04
Now you guys need to get rid if that hippoz dude after what he said to christine.

i agree, and i failing to understand why they haven't.
2018-9-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-26 14:04

Why not do banning on a voting system, example is this hippoz guy, if offense is taken to comments made members on here create a poll and vote them out, like I mentioned in my previous post the majority counts and together everyone's voice will be heard.
2018-9-26
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-26 20:38
Why not do banning on a voting system, example is this hippoz guy, if offense is taken to comments made members on here create a poll and vote them out, like I mentioned in my previous post the majority counts and together everyone's voice will be heard.

but thats easily exploitable as mentioned, pretty easy to make multiple accounts and use dif IPs and make vote count many times over and get out of a ban or ban innocent victims, especially during the off hours..
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's encouraging to read Tony. I'll PM you if I come across anything deemed utterly inappropriate, derogatory or offensive in future. Thanks again.
2018-9-26
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

well done Suren!!
2018-9-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Here's a thought - how about degrading points on the account  - so if your comment gets a certain number of downvotes after a specific number (10 maybe) then 10 points are removed from your points stack. It would be a kind of disincentive for spewing on the forum. In ranking terms, the profile gets demoted along with all the privileges. So even if you're a Captain you could still end up going right back to level 0 if you persist.
2018-9-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-9-27 03:07
Here's a thought - how about degrading points on the account  - so if your comment gets a certain number of downvotes after a specific number (10 maybe) then 10 points are removed from your points stack. It would be a kind of disincentive for spewing on the forum. In ranking terms, the profile gets demoted along with all the privileges. So even if you're a Captain you could still end up going right back to level 0 if you persist.

Most people who come on here to troll don't care about points, ranks or even the hobby by the look of it mate. They just need to be removed depending on how out of order they are. In this case, the individual was making homophobic comments, assumed another persons identity and was plainly very rude in every post just to sabotage threads and be obnoxious to others for their amusement. Being level 1, Captain or a 7 star general with diamond spots wouldn't make any difference to that type of person.
2018-9-27
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-9-27 03:12
Most people who come on here to troll don't care about points, ranks or even the hobby by the look of it mate. They just need to be removed depending on how out of order they are. In this case, the individual was making homophobic comments, assumed another persons identity and was plainly very rude in every post just to sabotage threads and be obnoxious to others for their amusement. Being level 1, Captain or a 7 star general with diamond spots wouldn't make any difference to that type of person.

Probably right - it was just a thought. Some cherish their 'status' amongst the perceived group. So a demotion as such, would disincentivise that kind of comment from being posted - as they would know their profile would be degraded in the eyes of the group. The alternative to that thought process, is that of the outcast - a lone voice speaking to the moon ... in all senses(!) ;-)
2018-9-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-9-27 03:34
Probably right - it was just a thought. Some cherish their 'status' amongst the perceived group. So a demotion as such, would disincentivise that kind of comment from being posted - as they would know their profile would be degraded in the eyes of the group. The alternative to that thought process, is that of the outcast - a lone voice speaking to the moon ... in all senses(!) ;-)

Hahahahaha - you're not wrong there.
2018-9-27
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Just give us an 'Ignore' button DJI.

Then the trolls can vent their spleens into cyberspace and nobody needs to read their pathetic rants.
2018-9-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules