Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S and New Canon EOS R
19923 62 2018-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braded
lvl.2
Germany

+1 For EOS Support on the Ronin-S.

I'm replacing my 5d M3 next month  with the EOS R
2019-2-16
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.1

Canada

+1 for Canon EOS R   Any news on this?
2019-3-4
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 for EOS R and RP
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, Canon Eos R will be supported via the future firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Patrick Seguin Posted at 3-4 17:40
+1 for Canon EOS R   Any news on this?

Hi Patrick, Canon Eos R will be supported via the future firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

braded Posted at 2-16 02:48
+1 For EOS Support on the Ronin-S.

I'm replacing my 5d M3 next month  with the EOS R

Hi braded, Canon Eos R will be supported via the future firmware update, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-8
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.1

Canada

Dear DJI Mindy, the first request was made in september, you guys new the EOS R would be great for video this request should not come as a surprise. Now we are the 10 of march and still no news, you dont give us any date of when we could expect a good upgrade for the EOS R you just ask us to be patient. I was going to purchase the essential package this week, but now I'm looking at all the option and the moza air 2 looks very interesting. Please give us an estimate of when we can expect the upgrade or are you guys working on a new  Ronin-S V2.0  and I should wait?  Maybe NAB 2019?
2019-3-10
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 629967 ft
Thailand

I think I am done with DJI as an early adopter. Never again. I will not purchase on promises. I was so excited about the potential, I didn’t respect the reality. I THOUGHT they would move quicker to update us all and get our cameras to work. Other brands are doing it without any problems it seems. It’s a shame.
2019-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Patrick Seguin Posted at 3-10 18:56
Dear DJI Mindy, the first request was made in september, you guys new the EOS R would be great for video this request should not come as a surprise. Now we are the 10 of march and still no news, you dont give us any date of when we could expect a good upgrade for the EOS R you just ask us to be patient. I was going to purchase the essential package this week, but now I'm looking at all the option and the moza air 2 looks very interesting. Please give us an estimate of when we can expect the upgrade or are you guys working on a new  Ronin-S V2.0  and I should wait?  Maybe NAB 2019?
[view_image]

Patrick, I have sent you PM, please check, thank you.
2019-3-10
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Thailand

DJI Mindy,

So is there an update in the near future that will support the Canon EOS r? I am so ready to have full functionality.
2019-3-11
Use props
Antti Kuitto
lvl.2
Finland

Homesick Nomad Posted at 3-11 18:57
DJI Mindy,

So is there an update in the near future that will support the Canon EOS r? I am so ready to have full functionality.

Please be aware that even thought my camera (5D mkiv) is supported, Ronin-S is still kind of useless, since that "not returning on center" issue. Hopefully it will be fixed with new firmware along with new camera model suppor.. if it ever comes...
2019-3-12
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.1

Canada

The update is now available but doesn't looks likes it's working for me so far... I did a test with the DJI Ronin S firmware v1.8.0.70 Canon EOS R Firmware 1.1.0 Canon 50mm RF 1.2  and the focus wheel doesn't work properly. It takes forever to move the focus from one point to another. I also tried with a 24-70 V.II 2.8 and i have the same problem. when i move the wheel i can hear a little noise from both lens. on the 24-70 i can see that it move the focus distance on the little window but very slowly. I did power the Ronin-S first and the EOS R after. The record button works. I put the servo at OFF. It doesn't work when the the nob ont the lens is in manual witch makes us loose the focus peeking guides, and thats a reel downer. the focus on the lens need to be on. Maybe i'm doing something wrong because it does say that the firmware is suppose to support the Canon RF 50mm. So please help me out DJI, or any of you guys in the forum.  here is a link for a video so you can see the back of my camera!  NEED HELP!!!      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRE_9RXhWk&feature=youtu.be
2019-3-14
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.1

Canada

Looks like the update doesn't work properly even with other camera models they have introduce. with my EOS R its super slow and if i put the speed to fast its bit faster but you can clearly see that it jumps fucus (same problem with other camera they have introduce). can anyone out there confirm this problem with the EOS R firmware 1.1.0 and the latest firmware from DJI?
2019-3-15
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Thailand

Patrick, what you are describing sounds like the functionality that already existed with the last update. I will update mine tonight and try it. Traveling all day, but hopefully will be able to patch everythjng tonight and see what we get. <fingers crossed>
2019-3-15
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Thailand

Patrick Seguin Posted at 3-14 17:13
The update is now available but doesn't looks likes it's working for me so far... I did a test with the DJI Ronin S firmware v1.8.0.70 Canon EOS R Firmware 1.1.0 Canon 50mm RF 1.2  and the focus wheel doesn't work properly. It takes forever to move the focus from one point to another. I also tried with a 24-70 V.II 2.8 and i have the same problem. when i move the wheel i can hear a little noise from both lens. on the 24-70 i can see that it move the focus distance on the little window but very slowly. I did power the Ronin-S first and the EOS R after. The record button works. I put the servo at OFF. It doesn't work when the the nob ont the lens is in manual witch makes us loose the focus peeking guides, and thats a reel downer. the focus on the lens need to be on. Maybe i'm doing something wrong because it does say that the firmware is suppose to support the Canon RF 50mm. So please help me out DJI, or any of you guys in the forum.  here is a link for a video so you can see the back of my camera!  NEED HELP!!!      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRE_9RXhWk&feature=youtu.be

I tested with the Canon R 1.1.0 firmware and the latest Ronin Firmware. I am having the same issues you are. It is not there yet. I really hope that they do not check the "done" box on their todo list on this one.
2019-3-16
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Thailand

DJI peeps... please read and respond... We really want to know you are working on something for the EOS-R.

Ok, here is the rundown. I updated the Ronin Firmware for the Ronin-S. I had skipped the last update as it had no positive affect on the EOS-R in the notes. I then tested the gimbal with the EOS R before updating the EOS R firmware. It gave me the same results as after I update to EOS R 1.1.0, so I will skip the list for the 1.0.0 firmware and skip straight to the nitty gritty.

1. The record button works (YAY!)
2. My gimbal now drifts when I stop moving (WHAT!?!)
3. As I stated before and as Patrick stated a couple posts up, the focus pulling is dreadfully slow (on the highest setting) and only works in Auto focus which SUCKS EGGS because you lose the focus assist in AF.
4. The focus pulling latency with EF lenses through the adapter renders the focus pulling knob useless to a second degree. Is this fixable?

Ok... SO I think that just about covers the problems. DJI folks, here is what we need for the EOS-R

1) Focus pulling needs to work at the same speeds it does for the GH5. I have seen it on there and its perfect!
2) Focus pulling NEEDS to be available in MANUAL mode and not AUTO FOCUS, so we can see the focus assist points. Having the gimbal control the focus through AF with the servo disabled is a hack, not a solution.
3) And this drift thing... please tell me my gimbal hasn't gotten even more problematic. I am not some youtube star who can run out and grab whatever they want off the shelf. I work HARD to get the money I have to buy products like this to make my films better. I have invested in DJI products because I stubbornly have supported you from the start!
2019-3-16
Use props
Patrick Seguin
lvl.2
Canada

Homesick Nomad Posted at 3-16 06:55
DJI peeps... please read and respond... We really want to know you are working on something for the EOS-R.

Ok, here is the rundown. I updated the Ronin Firmware for the Ronin-S. I had skipped the last update as it had no positive affect on the EOS-R in the notes. I then tested the gimbal with the EOS R before updating the EOS R firmware. It gave me the same results as after I update to EOS R 1.1.0, so I will skip the list for the 1.0.0 firmware and skip straight to the nitty gritty.

Homesick, For me there is no difference even if i use the native canon RF lens 50mm 1.2 . my camera store rented me the Ronin-S for free this week-end before i buy mine. I was hopping the firmware would resolve many problems like the focus, the drifting and some other things discuss in this forum. unfortunately the more time i speed in this forum and the more i realize that DJI seems to be very slow to correct those issues. so i started to look at other product. The moza air 2 seems to have a lot less issue and they also seems to upgrade their firmware VERY often. I can't imagine buying this and having a drifting issue after an upgrade . And from what i have gathered you can't downgrade your firmware, so i'm guessing you might have a big problem now. I was so ready to buy my Ronin-S that i had already purchased some items to go with it. But unless DJI react fast and are upfront about the problems everyone is having i will have to cancel my order. PLEASE DJI can you fix those issue? and if so how fast can you do it?  
2019-3-16
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Thailand

Hey gang at DJI. I know you guys watch the forums and thats awesome. I am hoping a fix is en route for the EOS R? Its so close!! I know that it is probably difficult and people coming from all directions wanting solutions. I can only speculate why you are having such a hard time getting it to work with all these different cameras. But please, please let us know something about when another patch may be coming out.... And if it will attempt to address the issues, in particular for me with the EOS R.
2019-4-13
Use props
Yannickvh
New

Australia

Homesick Nomad Posted at 4-13 09:12
Hey gang at DJI. I know you guys watch the forums and thats awesome. I am hoping a fix is en route for the EOS R? Its so close!! I know that it is probably difficult and people coming from all directions wanting solutions. I can only speculate why you are having such a hard time getting it to work with all these different cameras. But please, please let us know something about when another patch may be coming out.... And if it will attempt to address the issues, in particular for me with the EOS R.

Hi Guys, I like that the record button now works, but I'm also experiencing the same issues as Homesick Nomad with the slow speed. I'm looking forward to seeing a solution. Thanks!
2019-4-13
Use props
braded
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is DJI Working to resolve the focus pull issues with the EOS R? And will it work with EF lenses? Let's face it, most people will use EF lenses first.

I brought my EOS R and tried it with the Ronin-S before reading about the focus pull issues. I originally thought the camera was broken, but it looks like the fault is with the Ronin.

2019-4-19
Use props
krrokkx
New
Cyprus

Hi guys,
If I connect the Ronin S to the EOS R via the USB-C input, the screen cannot be tilted up and down anymore (needed to tilt when shooting at ground level or higher than eyesight level) because now the USB cable stays in its way. Therefore, I decided to try to connect them via the IR cable. But this setup does not work either - the record button does not work with the Ronin IR cable.. I have already enabled the remote control from the Canon EOS R menu..
1. Can you guys trigger the record button via the IR cable in this setup?
2. Do you have a better solution to connect the two and still allow the LCD to tilt up and down (the downside of the IR solution is that I have to re-arrange the cable each time I put the camera on the Ronin and.. it looks messy )
Thank you
2019-4-19
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Thailand

Seems like wasted breathe now.... anything coming anytime soon for the Canon EOS R? I am able to use some basic functions, but definitely not all the features. @DJIMindy...throw me a bone or something please.
2019-5-16
Use props
djiuser_W5bP82XZaCAt
New

Canada

I have a DJI RONIN S and a Sl2 camera hopefully that you guys can develop a connector. Looking forward for this
2020-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules