My 1st ever Edited Video WITH problems
678 7 2018-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

This is the first time ever that I have edited a video.  It went ok-isk until I tried to get fancy and have a fade over effect.  The first fades were not a problem but then all of a sudden ugly light flashes made it`s way into the transitions. Please tell me what to do.  I used the "old" Windows Movie Maker.

https://youtu.be/Ihirh8bmcyw
2018-9-25
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The issue is the editor used. My suggestion would be to use davinchi resolve or cyberlink. Both are great editors.
2018-9-25
Use props
MuuSer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5036 ft
  • >>>
Estonia

Hm, yes. Probably the fade problem is editor related, but seems that you have one problem more. Your video seems bounding and it spring up when your recorded video’s and end result video’s frame rates did not mach. But again – it may be also fault of Windows Moviemaker. So why not try HitFilm Express instead. It’s free.
2018-9-26
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

MuuSer Posted at 2018-9-26 02:30
Hm, yes. Probably the fade problem is editor related, but seems that you have one problem more. Your video seems bounding and it spring up when your recorded video’s and end result video’s frame rates did not mach. But again – it may be also fault of Windows Moviemaker. So why not try HitFilm Express instead. It’s free.

Thank you for the comment.
As I pointed out it was the first ever time that I tried to edit any video, not only from my drone, so I really don`t know how to look for these things.

The specific video was taken as one complete video of 10 minutes.  I then just cut long pieces from it.  So if the rates does not match it is most definitely not because the source were different videos.

I will try you suggestion and see what I get.

Thank you again.
2018-9-26
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will get the hang of it. Video editing has a steep learning curve.
2018-9-28
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

alaska42 Posted at 2018-9-28 06:00
You will get the hang of it. Video editing has a steep learning curve.

Thank you again for your support.
2018-9-28
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

After watching the video I was going to say use a newer Editor like Davinci Resolve 15 (free download) or Cyber Power Director 16.  But I see John( post #2) already mentioned it.

Resolve has the easiest editor for fades, Cyber has also great translons that are free on the web.
Ether one would be great to have.
2018-9-28
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
South Africa

B1houdini Posted at 2018-9-28 08:30
After watching the video I was going to say use a newer Editor like Davinci Resolve 15 (free download) or Cyber Power Director 16.  But I see John( post #2) already mentioned it.

Resolve has the easiest editor for fades, Cyber has also great translons that are free on the web.

Thank you for that.
2018-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules