Buy Additional Mavic 2 Charger instead of Charging Hub
2744 9 2018-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peter Ryder
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Can someone correct my logic....
the Hub in effect can only charge (OK up to 4) batteries in sequence. so one in 1.5 hours 2 in 3 hours etc....
If I get an additonal charger I can charge 2 in 1.5 hours and 4 in 3 hours?
For the price of one hub I can buy 2 additional chargers (so 3 and 6).... i have plenty of spare mains leads.
Which makes sense?  (Accepting you can't leave them all charging overnight but I was always told not good practice to leave multiple LIPO batteries charging unattended)

Please tell me my logic is flawed....
2018-9-25
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

That makes sense.

The hub only makes charging batteries more convenient. You'll need to add more chargers (or use some type of 3rd party charger) in order to increase the charging speed.
2018-9-26
Use props
Peter Ryder
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-26 06:11
The DJI charging hub is good for an overnight charging solution.  If you want a fast charging solution for multiple batteries get this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GYNZ4QT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_Rj5QBbDR8B57S]Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom 5-in-1 fast charger[/url]

Thanks DB for the good suggestion...i just feel a bit nervous considering the complexity and cost of mavic2 batteries using third party (fast) chargers.... have you had experience before or am I just suckering the DJI line?
i can get another dji mavic charger and if it causes a problem hopefully get more support from dji.?

I suppose my thinking was (for me) that the sequential charging hub  is a less good option than buying 2 additional chargers for the same price...
2018-9-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - x2 chargers will recharge x2 batteries simultaneously and thus halve the charge time. Slightly less convenient than a hub but it's best to monitor the charge anyway and I personally would never leave four lipo batteries charging at home whilst my family and I are sleeping I'd go for the second charger.
2018-9-26
Use props
Hugg727
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124895 ft

Peter Ryder Posted at 2018-9-26 06:30
Thanks DB for the good suggestion...i just feel a bit nervous considering the complexity and cost of mavic2 batteries using third party (fast) chargers.... have you had experience before or am I just suckering the DJI line?
i can get another dji mavic charger and if it causes a problem hopefully get more support from dji.?

I have also used the 3rd party charger for my M1 with great success for over a year now.
2018-9-29
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-26 10:29
I've been using these same third-party multi-chargers gor years with all 9 of my DJI quads.  Never had a bit of trouble.  In our birds the actual charge circuitry is in the battery.  The external xharger is just a power supply.

Hi Dirty Bird,
I was thinking about that. Are you sure regarding the charging electronics? I use both Yx chargers for MPP and M2P/Z. With a Platinum LiPo I once had an issue where the battery showed an error and it only disappeared after charging with the original DJI charger. So I thought the Yx chargers might not do balancing at the end. But if you are right the originals don't do it either. The Yx chargers have two-wired loading cables. Are the DJIs the same?

In general I agree with you. They are fast and good value. Kind regards - Joe

2018-9-29
Use props
Drone Aerial Expediters
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does any body know where I can post my PolarPro Vivid filter lens that I have for sale for my MavicAir??
Let me your thoughts and opinions?

2018-10-1
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Nothing wrong with your logic. At first it seems silly to pay just as much for the hub as extra chargers, and maybe it is a little silly, but the hub is more compact for travel than multiple chargers, and a little easier to pop batteries on and off. I would personally recomend owning both hub and extra chargers. For the odd time you need to charge them all at once, it's good to have the extra chargers, but the hub is a practical gadget.
2018-10-8
Use props
pooch
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-26 06:11
The DJI charging hub is good for an overnight charging solution.  If you want a fast charging solution for multiple batteries get this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GYNZ4QT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_Rj5QBbDR8B57S]Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom 5-in-1 fast charger[/url]

I have this multi charger as well as a 300W inverter that I can plug the fstop into.  Allows me to charge 3 batts, remote and phone with the charger.   inverter also has2 usb ports and  two outlets so i can plu laptop as well into the inverter and also 2 more usb based items.  Perfect mobile setup  .https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-30 ... L70_&dpSrc=srch

2018-10-14
Use props
tom.j
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have bought this and the effect is OK.
https://www.rcstyle.shop/products/compatible-rapid-battery-charger-smart-multi-intelligent-charging-hub-for-dji-mavic-2
Used for two months, stable performance.
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules