How do i know if the battery has finished charging?
17854 35 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

On my P4P charge hub, theres a led for each battery, but not on the M2P hub.
How do i know if the other batteries currently not charging is finished or just not started yet?
2018-9-26
Use props
cyrenosa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Philippines

The LED indicators will turn off automatically when it is fully charged.
2018-9-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The LED on the charging hub will turn green after a battery has finished charging.

2018-9-26
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. If the LED circle at the top of the battery does not light, it's either finished or waiting for the other batteries to be fully charged.
2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

Did any of you read anytyhing of what i wrote, at all???
2018-9-26
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Just press once the battery botton. If it finished charging itself you'll see the circle full
2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

Thriller Posted at 2018-9-26 04:48
Just press once the battery botton. If it finished charging itself you'll see the circle full

If the battery is more than 75% full, it will show as full, so it still doesnt answer my question on how to see if the battery are ready or not started yet.
2018-9-26
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-26 04:53
If the battery is more than 75% full, it will show as full, so it still doesnt answer my question on how to see if the battery are ready or not started yet.

Yes It's true but normally you don't charge battery with 75% of remaining charge don't you?
If you needs to charge more batteries with 75% or more of residual charge you can keep them in the charging hub until they finish.
2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

What i normally do or not, is irrelevant, what i want, is a charger that shows the exact status of the battery, so i know which ones to bring with me and who to leave in the charger, just like the P4P hub.
2018-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-26 05:08
What i normally do or not, is irrelevant, what i want, is a charger that shows the exact status of the battery, so i know which ones to bring with me and who to leave in the charger, just like the P4P hub.

What i normally do or not, is irrelevant.

It is actually relevant, if your not doing it right.
2018-9-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-26 04:46
Did any of you read anytyhing of what i wrote, at all???

Did you read post #3 above?
2018-9-26
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Thriller Posted at 2018-9-26 04:48
Just press once the battery botton. If it finished charging itself you'll see the circle full

+1
2018-9-26
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft

msinger Posted at 2018-9-26 05:36

He was asking about the M2P.
2018-9-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-9-26 05:51

He sure was...

The M2 charging hub only has one LED indicator. It turns solid green when all of the batteries have been charged. Unfortunately, there aren't separate indicators like shown in the P4 video above.
2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-9-26 05:51

Yes i did, its quite funny that no one pays attention
2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

msinger Posted at 2018-9-26 06:07
He sure was...

The M2 charging hub only has one LED indicator. It turns solid green when all of the batteries have been charged. Unfortunately, there aren't separate indicators like shown in the P4 video above.

Exactly, thats my point.
It doesnt make any sense when we already have another model of the charger doing it.
2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-26 05:32
What i normally do or not, is irrelevant.

It is actually relevant, if your not doing it right.

Feel free to troll in somewhere else's thread
2018-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-26 06:12
Feel free to troll in somewhere else's thread

Nobody’s trolling, your just being rude, how your charger works is in your manual.
If you put 3 batteries on to charge, the charger will charge batteries in order of the one with the most power first, it’s pretty simple , if one has only 76% charged one light on the battery will be flashing as it’s charging once light goes off it’s  charged. When you ask a question don’t be rude to those who are trying to help,
2018-9-26
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-26 07:21
Nobody’s trolling, your just being rude, how your charger works is in your manual.
If you put 3 batteries on to charge, the charger will charge batteries in order of the one with the most power first, it’s pretty simple , if one has only 76% charged one light on the battery will be flashing as it’s charging once light goes off it’s  charged. When you ask a question don’t be rude to those who are trying to help,

I don't think he was being rude.  He asked a question and you told him that he was doing it wrong.  What exactly was he doing wrong?  If he wants to charge a battery that is above 75% that isn't wrong.   I prefer fully charged batteries as well.   I'm not sure what purpose your post had other than to be annoying.  I can't even begin to count the number of threads that I've seen you derail with petty, annoying name calling and off topic crap.  Give it a rest!
2018-9-26
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Italy

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-9-26 07:47
I don't think he was being rude.  He asked a question and you told him that he was doing it wrong.  What exactly was he doing wrong?  If he wants to charge a battery that is above 75% that isn't wrong.   I prefer fully charged batteries as well.   I'm not sure what purpose your post had other than to be annoying.  I can't even begin to count the number of threads that I've seen you derail with petty, annoying name calling and off topic crap.  Give it a rest!

I think he was refering to my reply #9. I tried to tell my point of view with kindness and his reply was a little rude.
2018-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

If you put a battery on to charge at say 76% it will flash one light until charged, if you want a question answered then the more information given the easier to answer correctly. So for instance when someone answers when all lights go out your battery is fully charged , this is not a wrong answer, in fact it’s correct.
But it was met with , DID ANYONE READ MY QUESTION, maybe look at the response each and everyone got,
So it seems you also believe that all others didn’t bother to read the question.
2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-26 07:21
If you put 3 batteries on to charge, the charger will charge batteries in order of the one with the most power first, it’s pretty simple , if one has only 76% charged one light on the battery will be flashing as it’s charging once light goes off it’s  charged. When you ask a question don’t be rude to those who are trying to help,

Oh cmon, we all know who you are now..
2018-9-26
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Thriller Posted at 2018-9-26 08:07
I think he was refering to my reply #9. I tried to tell my point of view with kindness and his reply was a little rude.

I thought it was directed at Hallmark, especially considering he told him to troll elsewhere.  I think that many times on forums and in writing in general, people try to be succinct.  Oftentimes this comes across as rude whether it is intended or not.  I think his above post is a perfect example.  I didn't take it as rude but two others did.  He was saying that something was irrelevant to what he was asking.  The perceived "rudeness" could be intentional or not.  
2018-9-26
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-26 08:20
If you put a battery on to charge at say 76% it will flash one light until charged, if you want a question answered then the more information given the easier to answer correctly. So for instance when someone answers when all lights go out your battery is fully charged , this is not a wrong answer, in fact it’s correct.
But it was met with , DID ANYONE READ MY QUESTION, maybe look at the response each and everyone got,
So it seems you also believe that all others didn’t bother to read the question.

Whatever...
2018-9-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-26 05:36

Post #3 reference is to Phantom 4, OP is asking about Mavic-2 Pro.
2018-9-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2018-9-26 08:38
I thought it was directed at Hallmark, especially considering he told him to troll elsewhere.  I think that many times on forums and in writing in general, people try to be succinct.  Oftentimes this comes across as rude whether it is intended or not.  I think his above post is a perfect example.  I didn't take it as rude but two others did.  He was saying that something was irrelevant to what he was asking.  The perceived "rudeness" could be intentional or not.

I believe everyone here should get a little more relaxed. As a matter of fact all answers given to OP were correct. He might not like the fact that there isn't a separate green light for each individual battery as it is the case with the Phantom charger. It is his right to be upset about this but it will not change anything. And yes, a single push on the battery button will show if it is fully charged or not. Just another way of doing but getting the same result.
2018-9-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

What exactly was he doing wrong?  If he wants to charge a battery that is above 75% that isn't wrong.   I prefer fully charged batteries as well.

Me too!

I thought (suggested) rule was never to start flying on a partially discharged battery.  

The rule steming from several crashes (or forced landings in wrong places), which were related to drone being confused over amount of power in battery.

2018-9-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-26 08:52
Post #3 reference is to Phantom 4, OP is asking about Mavic-2 Pro.

Right on. Please see post #15 for an update.
2018-9-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Thriller Posted at 2018-9-26 05:06
Yes It's true but normally you don't charge battery with 75% of remaining charge don't you?
If you needs to charge more batteries with 75% or more of residual charge you can keep them in the charging hub until they finish.

you can keep them in the charging hub until they finish.

I think there in lies issue the OP was pointing at.  Only way to tell if a battery is 100% charged is to wait till none of batteries are flashing (indicating charging).
If one battery is still charging, you can't tell by pushing individual battery buttons if a battery is charged between 75% and 100%.

2018-9-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Suggestion - Possible work around.

You could remove every battery from charger.
Pick a battery, push it's battery button, if it shows fully charged by lights THEN
Insert battery in charger, if battery does not start charging after (say 15 seconds), then battery is 100% charged.

Suggestion #2 - Buy a separate charger for every battery...    DJI employees will thank you for extra work & profits.

2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-26 08:57
What exactly was he doing wrong?  If he wants to charge a battery that is above 75% that isn't wrong.   I prefer fully charged batteries as well.

Me too!

Spot on, also cause i like to always have fully charged batteries, so i know exactly how much capacity i bring with me.
Yes i use it for work, and i know more or less how many jobs i can perform on each pack, considering they are fully loaded.
2018-9-26
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-26 09:10
you can keep them in the charging hub until they finish.

I think there in lies issue the OP was pointing at.  Only way to tell if a battery is 100% charged is to wait till none of batteries are flashing (indicating charging).

Spot on #2
2018-9-26
Use props
Danish Yaqub
New

Pakistan

Maximum how much charge 100%or  90% which is best option
2023-8-1
Use props
Danish Yaqub
New

Pakistan

Minimum remaining 30%battary then it's good to charge or not?
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Danish Yaqub Posted at 8-1 08:13
Minimum remaining 30%battary then it's good to charge or not?

Hello there! It is recommended to charge the battery when the "low battery message prompts in the DJI Fly app. And please take note of the guidelines below:

1. Do NOT attach the batteries to wall outlets or car charger sockets directly, and always use a DJI-approved adapter. DJI takes no responsibility if the battery is charged using a non-DJI charger.
2. Never leave the battery unattended during charging. Do NOT charge the battery near flammable materials or on flammable surfaces such as carpet or wood.
3. Do NOT charge the battery immediately after a flight because the battery temperature may be too high. Do NOT charge the battery until it cools down to near room temperature. The ideal charging temperature range is from 5 °C to 40 °C.
4. Disconnect the charger when not in use. Examine the charger regularly for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure, or other parts. Do NOT clean the charger with denatured alcohol or other flammable solvents. Never use a damaged charger.
2023-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules