Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
fragmented mp4 video
604 6 2018-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thunderbird-V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30282 ft
United Kingdom

I took a 4k footage today with my m2p and it sucks. It is saved in mp4 and what I can see on my computer is a sort of fragmented video, it's like frames every 4 seconds. I could make a fluid footage converting it with VLC, but what I did wrong? One day before I did change some settings following a youtube video and definattly I changed something I shouldn't. I know I can reset everything but that's not the point. I want to know what settings brought me to this.

[url=][/url][url=][/url]
[url=]REPLY
[/url]

2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please provide a short video showing the issue? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-26
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Do you use a Windows PC or a Mac... and do you know if the video was recorded in H.264 or H.265 ?
2018-9-26
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Post screen shots of your settings if you want help unless you expect people to guess what you changed.
2018-9-26
Use props
Thunderbird-V
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys. Thanks a lot 4 ur quick responses. From the start I'm sorry but I'm a beginner in photography and video. Haven't used more than a Visual Studio to process my holidays clips, but I'm doing my best to learn more about the best camera/video settings and post processing software.

Coming back to my problem: you might be right, the resolution of my computer is set for max 1080/60Hz so it's not an HD display, and the video was done in 4K and saved in mp4 with H.265. What I have to do than is to change the video settings for 1080 and h.264. Cheers.
2018-9-26
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Thunderbird-V Posted at 2018-9-26 23:19
Hi guys. Thanks a lot 4 ur quick responses. From the start I'm sorry but I'm a beginner in photography and video. Haven't used more than a Visual Studio to process my holidays clips, but I'm doing my best to learn more about the best camera/video settings and post processing software.

Coming back to my problem: you might be right, the resolution of my computer is set for max 1080/60Hz so it's not an HD display, and the video was done in 4K and saved in mp4 with H.265. What I have to do than is to change the video settings for 1080 and h.264. Cheers.

If you have an older processor/computer and your footage was filmed in h.265 it won't play properly straight from the drone/sd card until you render it through your editing software into h.264. The 4K resolution playing on your 1080 monitor isn't the problem, so you can still record in 4k, just make sure that you are using the h.264 format if you don't want to mess with rendering your video on an older pc/laptop. I too ran into this same problem with my first videos.
2018-9-27
Use props
Thunderbird-V
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Zatx Posted at 2018-9-27 03:43
If you have an older processor/computer and your footage was filmed in h.265 it won't play properly straight from the drone/sd card until you render it through your editing software into h.264. The 4K resolution playing on your 1080 monitor isn't the problem, so you can still record in 4k, just make sure that you are using the h.264 format if you don't want to mess with rendering your video on an older pc/laptop. I too ran into this same problem with my first videos.

Many thanks
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules