HR 302 Passes the House - Contact the Senate Now! FAA Reauthoriza...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

From the AMA Government Relations Team

Today, the House of Representatives passed the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Act of 2018.  This bill includes significant modifications to our hobby. While some of the changes are positive, and include provisions that AMA has championed, overall the bill is problematic.  On the whole, it will put even more restrictions on our community in the coming months and years.

Now that the House has passed this problematic bill, we must turn our attention to urging the Senate to vote no.  It is important for you to know that this bill has not yet been voted into law.  This is a critical moment and the Senate needs to hear from our members on the harm this bill would do to our safe, long-standing hobby.

Thank you for your passion and engagement on this issue.  You have already been instrumental in voicing support for model aviation by contacting Congress.  This has helped open the door to conversations with numerous elected officials.  Because of your efforts to contact Congress, discussions are underway in an effort to resolve problematic language, including the 400-altitude cap, but we're not out of the woods yet.

To keep this momentum going, please share this message with your friends and family who have a love for our hobby.  Please also monitor your emails, social media and www.modelaircraft.org/gov for new information as this process continues.  There you can also learn more about how this bill will affect our hobby.

Regardless of the outcome of the reauthorization process, AMA will continue to work with Congress and the FAA to fight for relief from onerous regulations for our members.

Thank you,
  AMA Government Relations Team

2018-9-26
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep;
2018-9-26
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Bagged and Tagged!

Randy
2018-9-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Done
2018-9-26
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its a very big read, could someone summarise it please? cause if it happens over there, it could effect the rest of  sooner or later :/
2018-9-26
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-9-26 19:51
Its a very big read, could someone summarise it please? cause if it happens over there, it could effect the rest of  sooner or later :/

Cannot argue ith that young sir. I suspect it is already in play over here.
2018-9-27
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Unfortunately i live in oz so i cant really help out
2018-9-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Done.  Takes less than a minute.  Thank-you!
2018-9-27
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

embayweather Posted at 2018-9-27 03:49
Cannot argue ith that young sir. I suspect it is already in play over here.

In fact Uk along with all other EU states are part of the EASA and discussions have been going on for long time.

EU discussions have a good basis and also the provision for Flying models without undue rules if flown within a club or organisation guidelines.
BMFA (SMAE) is your friend in UK ....

In Latvia we have LARPAS which I am a full member and participant of ... and is why I am aware of UK's part in it ... (I am a Brit who is also ex SMAE).

Nigel
2018-9-27
Use props
Sam Drucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Sent to mine.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time sharing this information with us. If there's any other concern or inquiries, feel free to contact us back. Thanks for choosing DJI.
2018-9-27
Use props
Mark Weiss
lvl.4
United States

Done. This country has FAR too many laws as it is.
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules