Phantom for Real-Estate?
1856 11 2015-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

Im sure everyone has though of using Phantoms for real estate sales, but has anyone actually used their phantom or been hired for aerial photography for real estate?
2015-5-31
Use props
imants_riga
lvl.1

Latvia

I used my phantom for aerial videography for real estate.

2015-5-31
Use props
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

Was this something you got paid for? Or was it your own house?
2015-5-31
Use props
imants_riga
lvl.1

Latvia

I work for a company that built this house. I made this video for my boss for free as a gift -)
2015-5-31
Use props
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

Im curious if any P3 users have been hired out to take aerial photography! Let me know
2015-5-31
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

It is currently illegal to use your drone for anything commercial.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_aircraft/
2015-5-31
Use props
SilkPurse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2657 ft
United States

Yup using both the P2 and now the P3
2015-5-31
Use props
SilkPurse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2657 ft
United States

jacmac64 Posted at 2015-6-1 06:46
It is currently illegal to use your drone for anything commercial.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/model_a ...

With all respect it is not illegal.  It is a violation of FAA regs.  There is no law saying you cannot fly for commercial purposes.  There may be local restrictions, but not nationally.  The FAA brought an action against one guy who was doing a video for UVA, I think.  They attempted to fine him $10,000, but  it was thrown out.  FAA appealed, I'm not sure if there has been a final decision.  Since the FAA released proposed rules for commercial use, they haven't gone after anyone else.
2015-5-31
Use props
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

Can't imagine that any harm is being done, I think it would be a great idea for real estate agents to hire people for aerial photography.
2015-5-31
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

There is an association of realtors in the US who have recently stated they are encouraging their members to go ahead and at least pursue doing their own promotional aero drone videos.  They have had communications with the FAA in that they are hoping the FED will stop dragging their feet on this enterprise and get on with issuing meaningful regs that help to promote safety as well as commerce.
2015-5-31
Use props
Mikey14
lvl.3

United States

It's only illegal if you get caught and it would be very hard to get caught and you probably aren't worth the FAA time and effort, I think it's worth the risk. Go far it
2015-5-31
Use props
alienranch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142579 ft
United States

SilkPurse Posted at 2015-6-1 09:39
With all respect it is not illegal.  It is a violation of FAA regs.  There is no law saying you ca ...

Absolutely correct
2015-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules