[MOD] No More annoying Controller Beeping!
15283 39 2018-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using this for about a month now... working great!
Request after request and DJI failed to deliver... some people drilled the holes and others (like me) waited for this mod.
Pay the 5 bucks for the non "Shareware" version. It's worth it!
Note: Also this may/will void your controller warranty but the mod can be undone so not sure this matters.

2018-9-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good to know - thanks for sharing   
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Will it void your warranty?
2018-9-27
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 02:13
Will it void your warranty?

I would say yes if you returned it to DJI for repair with mod FW.
I would say no if you re-flashed with stock and sent it in. (how would they know?)
As for DJI Care refresh it doesnt matter since the controller isn't covered anyways. (worth mentioning)

2018-9-27
Use props
The Otter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1031240 ft
France

Ignore anti virus and Windows warnings ? No thanks.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI forum.  Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend  you to use  a 3rd party software to modify the RC, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and performance. You can refer to our after sales policy below. Thanks for your understanding.

2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-9-27 02:20
I would say yes if you returned it to DJI for repair with mod FW.
I would say no if you re-flashed with stock and sent it in. (how would they know?)
As for DJI Care refresh it doesnt matter since the controller isn't covered anyways. (worth mentioning)

I think dji paladin has answered my question, I would imagine reconfigured or modifications can be recorded, I have a much easier way of turning off beeping and it’s simply taking control, it has never bothered me, it is still there as a requirement in mavic2 on critical low battery.
I wouldn’t ask or advise a truck driver to turn down or off the beeping when reversing although it’s loud and annoying, it may have save many small children from serious accidents. I don’t like the beeping in my car asking me to put on my seat belt, but if it helps keep us safe then I don’t have a problem with it.
Fly safe.
2018-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I wonder how this will affect flying or signal to the Rc.
2018-9-27
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-27 03:31
Thank you for reaching DJI forum.  Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend  you to use  a 3rd party software to modify the RC, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and performance. You can refer to our after sales policy below. Thanks for your understanding.

[view_image]

I fully understand this DJI Paladin, but maybe it's time for DJI to fulfill the wishes from people, at least to be able to shut the sound of if they want to. I believe most of us rely more on DJI than some random unknown hacker.
2018-9-27
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-27 09:50
I wonder how this will affect flying or signal to the Rc.

It doesn't effect it at all. I have been using it for just over a month now. Works great and no return to home psycho beeps or low battery panic panic panic! I do NOT get "passerby's" staring at me anymore. For the love of God the insessive beeping for normal operations is a bit much.

And if DJI cared or payed attention they would have added this option already; or to at least turn the volume down.

As for me.. I am OVER it. The mod stays. Warranty or not. I care less.
2018-9-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-9-27 10:09
It doesn't effect it at all. I have been using it for just over a month now. Works great and no return to home psycho beeps or low battery panic panic panic! I do NOT get "passerby's" staring at me anymore. For the love of God the insessive beeping for normal operations is a bit much.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

Since that is just firmware added to the RC Dji should actually consider it for those that want it even at a cost, just so that it keeps the warranty in place. I just got my replacement Pro so a bit sceptical about any mods for now, maybe later if I decide to keep this one.
2018-9-27
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 04:34
I think dji paladin has answered my question, I would imagine reconfigured or modifications can be recorded, I have a much easier way of turning off beeping and it’s simply taking control, it has never bothered me, it is still there as a requirement in mavic2 on critical low battery.
I wouldn’t ask or advise a truck driver to turn down or off the beeping when reversing although it’s loud and annoying, it may have save many small children from serious accidents. I don’t like the beeping in my car asking me to put on my seat belt, but if it helps keep us safe then I don’t have a problem with it.
Fly safe.

What the DJI controller beep does is bring unnecessary attention to normal operation if you are around other people.  If you fly the back yard with nobody around then it's really no big deal.

I DO love the silence when flying.. all I hear is the stuff from the tablet.
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-9-27 10:13
What the DJI controller beep does is bring unnecessary attention to normal operation if you are around other people.  If you fly the back yard with nobody around then it's really no big deal.

I DO love the silence when flying.. all I hear is the stuff from the tablet.

I think I’d rather have my warranty, if beeping gets attention of people around I find it’s easy to tell them a drone is landing no longer under my control, there is nothing silent about flying a drone particularly when landing or taking off, maybe an electric drone is what your looking for. (;+)::::::::
Incidentally commercial flyers are expected to keep beeping on RTH on.
2018-9-27
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Sorry but it is still under your control if you have the controller in your hand. Enough of this nonsense!
2018-9-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Simplest option is just switch off RC, aircraft will RTH and no noise.
2018-9-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-9-27 11:02
Sorry but it is still under your control if you have the controller in your hand. Enough of this nonsense!

It’s impossible to be in control of something that’s automatic, the only control you have is to take it out of automatic, so nowits no longer in auto mode so now under your control.
2018-9-27
Use props
Thriller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

I really don't understand why after the alarm begins to hurt our hear we can't simple stop it. Please Dji give us this feature.
Thanks
2018-9-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

I guess I'm one of the strange ones.  The beeping doesn't bother me at all.  To me, its a safety issue reminding me that the battery is getting low and I'm down to Six minutes of flight time.  (Warning configured for the battery at 30%)  If someone standing there asks me what it is beeping about, I tell them the truth.  It's a warning message reminding me that the battery is getting low.  They go "Really?  Cool!"  Then they stand there and watch me land it and ask me all sorts of questions about it.   I've read too many tales of "Well, my low battery alarm went off, but I knew that I had plenty of power left, so I ignored it and flew for another 10 minutes.  Now I can't figure why my drone crashed in the ocean."  I want that alarm to sound at X%, and continue give me a constant reminder until I land it safely.  

Part of this comes from being a retired FireFighter.  My "Self Contained Breathing Apparatus"  (SCBA) would go into alarm when the pressure got too low.  It sounded until you were outside, and have pulled the mask off AND turned off the tank.  I wanted/Needed that alarm as a CONSTANT reminder that I had X amount of time to get out.

As for the RTH?  I hit the RTH button maybe once every 15 flights or so, just to test it and make sure that it's still working ok.  Other than that, I land it manually.  

So for me, if DJI puts a modification on the controller to mute/disable the warning, mine won't be turned off.  I don't disable safety devices.  
2018-9-27
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It's never bothered me, since it is not very loud at all, and the only time I hear it is when I decide to run the battery a little lower than usual.  Beep on, you beepers.
2018-9-27
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-27 10:21
I think I’d rather have my warranty, if beeping gets attention of people around I find it’s easy to tell them a drone is landing no longer under my control, there is nothing silent about flying a drone particularly when landing or taking off, maybe an electric drone is what your looking for. (;+)::::::::
Incidentally commercial flyers are expected to keep beeping on RTH on.

After 1 year I think your warranty is up. Mine has been over for quite a while.
Also note that the DJI Care Refresh does NOT cover the controller.
2018-9-28
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-9-28 03:36
After 1 year I think your warranty is up. Mine has been over for quite a while.
Also note that the DJI Care Refresh does NOT cover the controller.

Hi Bob, I agree, warranty heh and like you said the controller isn't covered by DJI Care Refresh
2018-9-28
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606601 ft

after thousands of replies from the biggest defender of the nonsense beep I still don't get the truck comparison.  .  Even worst when you know that the beep is in the controller and not in the drone

by the way the propellers make enough sound to alert anyone around that a drone is coming

happy Friday
2018-9-28
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

How hard would it be to put a simple switch in the Go 4 app for alert sounds, High, Low, Off.  
2018-9-28
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps someday DJI's will give us an option to turn it down/off (perhaps from within the Go 4 app) BUT, until then and if the warranty is up (or not, you make the call), open the case up (youtube) and put  a strip of tape over the beeper's {{{{{{NOISE}}}}}} output hole , you still can slighty hear it but, waaaaay way less.  More tape = Less beep. Adjust as needed to a Resonable/Rational level but, still keep the safety feature in place..........No hack app needed or worry about.

I hear tale that 3M Alum tape works devine!!

I hear tale that 3M Alum tape works devine!!
2018-9-28
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 2018-9-28 07:11
Perhaps someday DJI's will give us an option to turn it down/off (perhaps from within the Go 4 app) BUT, until then and if the warranty is up (or not, you make the call), open the case up (youtube) and put  a strip of tape over the beeper's {{{{{{NOISE}}}}}} output hole , you still can slighty hear it but, waaaaay way less.  More tape = Less beep. Adjust as needed to a Resonable/Rational level but, still keep the safety feature in place..........No hack app needed or worry about.

The mod I suggest takes less time and no physical mod needed.

You basically get a copy of the firmware, patch it with the mod and then flash the controller. 20min tops.
2018-9-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dronaldo Posted at 2018-9-28 06:12
after thousands of replies from the biggest defender of the nonsense beep I still don't get the truck comparison.  .  Even worst when you know that the beep is in the controller and not in the drone

by the way the propellers make enough sound to alert anyone around that a drone is coming

Simple question how would people hear beeping from the drone if it was 120m altitude ?
2018-9-28
Use props
kwi66
lvl.2
Austria

@hallmark007:
Still riding your horse!? :-)
Which danger do I have to fear from a drone at 120m altitude? Or did I get it all wrong and the dangerous part is the remote control?
2018-9-28
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Just stick a lump of BluTak over the controller squeaker
2018-9-29
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a fairly easy fix with the right tools. I peeled up the back rubber pad where your left hand would go. Ground out a small hole in the plastic using a Dremel to expose the little piezo speaker. Then, threaded in an M3 screw directly into the speaker hole. By adjusting the screw to press on the piezo, I was able to lower the volume gradually all the way to completely silent. Rubber pad over the top of the hole hides the mod. Super-happy with the controller now. All alerts I need come through the app or the vibrator. I use RTH regularly - not just for emergencies. It's so nice not to have to hear the incessant beeping.
2018-9-29
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Boffin Posted at 2018-9-29 02:29
Just stick a lump of BluTak over the controller squeaker

There's no hole for the speaker though. The bottom vents look like they're only for air. The speaker is behind the left back rubber part.
2018-9-29
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bioluminous Posted at 2018-9-29 14:27
It's a fairly easy fix with the right tools. I peeled up the back rubber pad where your left hand would go. Ground out a small hole in the plastic using a Dremel to expose the little piezo speaker. Then, threaded in an M3 screw directly into the speaker hole. By adjusting the screw to press on the piezo, I was able to lower the volume gradually all the way to completely silent. Rubber pad over the top of the hole hides the mod. Super-happy with the controller now. All alerts I need come through the app or the vibrator. I use RTH regularly - not just for emergencies. It's so nice not to have to hear the incessant beeping.[view_image]

This is the extreme to me. I did mod the antenna so I can add after market solutions but drilling holes and destroying the speaker was not my intent. Afterall, one day perhaps DJI will add the control to the GO app and I can then undo the Silenco mod. This screw thing... not so much.
2018-9-30
Use props
bit4u
New
Flight distance : 7569 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-28 17:10
Simple question how would people hear beeping from the drone if it was 120m altitude ?

Dear hallmark007,
The beeping doesn't come from the drone, but from the controller. The issue regarding beeping in my case is that I intend to film sometimes with sound (cached version). In the city where I live today, there are contests of fireworks. I find a perfect spot to lift the drone and start filming, there's a background music selection synchronized with the fireworks show and when it's the best moment of the show (the ending) instead of hearing the music I hear the beeping and ruins the entire film at the end. Taking off the beeping during filming should be an option while caching is on. Otherwise I don't mind beeping while flying or taking pictures, but I didn't buy the drone to just make speed contests with it.
2019-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bit4u Posted at 6-15 23:48
Dear hallmark007,
The beeping doesn't come from the drone, but from the controller. The issue regarding beeping in my case is that I intend to film sometimes with sound (cached version). In the city where I live today, there are contests of fireworks. I find a perfect spot to lift the drone and start filming, there's a background music selection synchronized with the fireworks show and when it's the best moment of the show (the ending) instead of hearing the music I hear the beeping and ruins the entire film at the end. Taking off the beeping during filming should be an option while caching is on. Otherwise I don't mind beeping while flying or taking pictures, but I didn't buy the drone to just make speed contests with it.

As I have often said, the beeping is to alert people on the ground of an unmanned aircraft landing in vicinity of the RC no longer under the pilots control , so yes correct place for beeping is with RC, very difficult to alert anyone from a drone 400ft away .

Regarding beeping, flying your craft without beeping is incredibly easy just fly it manually and it will never beep unless it comes in close contact with an obstacle.

You have a manual in which it clearly tells you only use RTH in emergencies.
2019-6-16
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bit4u Posted at 6-15 23:48
Dear hallmark007,
The beeping doesn't come from the drone, but from the controller. The issue regarding beeping in my case is that I intend to film sometimes with sound (cached version). In the city where I live today, there are contests of fireworks. I find a perfect spot to lift the drone and start filming, there's a background music selection synchronized with the fireworks show and when it's the best moment of the show (the ending) instead of hearing the music I hear the beeping and ruins the entire film at the end. Taking off the beeping during filming should be an option while caching is on. Otherwise I don't mind beeping while flying or taking pictures, but I didn't buy the drone to just make speed contests with it.

I tested RTH the other evening on my M2P and pressed the power button on the RC after RTH imitated - this stopped the beeping while the drone continued to RTH.
2019-6-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is (still) a bit too much for my likes.
I keep the thing stock!
2019-6-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I still don't understand why you have to fly in such a way that you have anything beeping.  Why use RTH?  Manually flying it is about the fastest way to get home, and more efficient too, if you do it right.  Oh well.  This argument has been going on for years.
2019-6-23
Use props
djiuser_ZRYtNSaBxuL3
lvl.3

Indonesia

It work great, this 3rd party software is better then dji software, i use this mods firmware about 1.5year,and no issue, rc still work great, no more beeping
2019-7-16
Use props
djiuser_RfvUZDwtd06K
New

Australia

No need to mod, just shortpress the power button once and it will mute the beep
2019-10-22
Use props
Aaron Hick
lvl.2

Australia

Anyone have an issue with latest rc240 firmware. Dufosilencio v4 is not recognising the same firmware. Should I roll back?
2021-12-31
Use props
Aaron Hick
lvl.2

Australia

Aaron Hick Posted at 12-31 01:07
Anyone have an issue with latest rc240 firmware. Dufosilencio v4 is not recognising the same firmware. Should I roll back?

Found on different thread that Mavic 2 not supported any chance of this being expanded @jan2600? I guess there a good reason not
2021-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules