1355 17 2018-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moore-Grant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546765 ft

United Kingdom

Hi friends,

I have just got my first Drone, a Mavic Pro, can't afford the Pro 2 or Zoom. My total flight time so far is 5 hours 41 minutes.

OK, I have been having issues with my old Nexus 7 2nd Gen 32GB. Sometimes half the Nexus 7 lower screen is just blurred BLACK, followed by complete video loss & then stops videoing altogether. Photographing can go down the same route too.

Often the video will only work for 40 seconds before it turns itself off. And I have been trying to shoot in Panoramic Sphere mode. It gets to about shot 15/16 before it fails to capture another image. I think all of this is due to the connection to the Nexus 7, but that is a guess really??

This is all very annoying.

The only real thing I can kind of be proud of at the moment is getting 42.3 mph out of it in Sport Mode!! But I brought it to take images & film, & I'm failing badly at both.

I'm not really running any other apps on the tablet. The Android version is 6.0.1, & I don't mind downgrading if need be & can do it.

The DJI Go 4 app is the downgraded version 4.2.4 & I have downgraded the Mavic Pro's firmware to the earliest V01.04.0100.

I only use the App with the Mavic controller. I've not tried to connect via WiFi for flight, filming & photographs. I only connect through WiFi for checking details of everything whilst at home with no flight.

I have enabled the Nexus 7's Developer Options with the following:
USB Debugging- ON
Logger Buffer Sizes- 256K
USB Config- MTP
Window, Transition & Animator Scale- All OFF
Force GPU Rendering- ON
Background Prosess Limit- At Most 1 Process. I Can Turn It To Zero If Needed No Problem
Show All ANRs- ON

Do I need to Turn Off Locally Cached Images/Video in the DJI Go 4 app? I've not done so yet but I shall if it needs to be done?
Is there a difference in shooting from 1082 to 4K video? Will it effect the use of the Nexus 7?

Would installing Airmap For Drones Version 2.3.1 Help?

If anyone can think of something I have missed I would love to hear from you as I really want to begin to enjoy this way of photographing & filming things.

Do I need to invest in an NVidia Shield K1 yet? You know, being late 2018 & everything needing more power..!!

Need help with this people. It can be very depressing when I cannot use this what I wanted it for.

Many thanks in advance.

MG

2018-9-27
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FYI I'm running a HUAWEI with out ANY ! issue -  LINK
2018-9-27
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

That's very helpful.

Many thanks
2018-9-27
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI may chip in show you the recommended device list - BUT this works perfectly fine - plus you could push up to the 10.1" if you like an even better view...
2018-9-27
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks again, I really am thinking about the Huawei now, the old Nexus 7 is just a little too hit & miss.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the issue will occur on the SD card? Do we have a chance to use a recommended mobile device for you to easily isolate the issue? You can refer to the image below. Please let us know on the latest progress.

2018-9-27
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-27 09:40
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the issue will occur on the SD card? Do we have a chance to use a recommended mobile device for you to easily isolate the issue? You can refer to the image below. Please let us know on the latest progress.

[view_image]

Hi Tony,

Just need you to confirm that the following will work with no issues with my DJI Mavic Pro.

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 32GB, Wi-Fi, 8"

Thanks
2018-9-28
Use props
bjashton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245932 ft
United Kingdom

The blurred bottom half of the screen is a known issue with some versions of the application on Android phones.
I solved this on my Google Pixel XL mobile by uninstalling and installing version 4.2.16 from...
https://m.apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

I didn't need to downgrade the firmware and I don't think that was the cause or solution.

I currently running the latest version and the issue has gone away for me now. But I'm not exactly sure what change resolved the issue.

I think based on my experience I would try...
Clear app data + uninstall.
Install and test the latest version.

If that fails then...
Clear app data + uninstall.
Install and test version 4.2.16

2018-9-28
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

@bjashton,

Hi,

It's an Android tablet I'm asking about, not a phone. I tried the latest app first of all & it is very bad on the device.

Did you have any issues whilst videoing & it simply stopping after about 40 seconds or so? Do you know if turning local cache off helps or not?
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Moore-Grant Posted at 2018-9-28 02:23
Hi Tony,

Just need you to confirm that the following will work with no issues with my DJI Mavic Pro.

Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply. Sorry that we haven't tried this mobile device due to that there are lots of devices that was released in the market as well. We cannot guarantee if our app will be completely stable while using it, especially the behavior of the app will the same if ever that there will be updates. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-30
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-9-27 02:24
FYI I'm running a HUAWEI with out ANY ! issue -  LINK

Hello Aerial-Image,

Can I ask what firmware you are using on your DJI Equipment, & what app version you are using on the Huawei?

I've just invested in the Huawei M3 so would like to know the best app version to run on it?

Thanks
2018-10-6
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The latest just download from the app store... v4.3.0 - just been out on a shoot yesterday with it and was 100% ok.... has the tablet updated its OWN software to the latest version as well?
2018-10-6
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-10-6 23:12
The latest just download from the app store... v4.3.0 - just been out on a shoot yesterday with it and was 100% ok.... has the tablet updated its OWN software to the latest version as well?

Will do this afternoon & see how it goes. I'll be running App Version 4.3.2

I'm going to be updating the firmware to V.01.04.0300 on both the Mavic pro & controller too.

Thanks
2018-10-7
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-10-6 23:12
The latest just download from the app store... v4.3.0 - just been out on a shoot yesterday with it and was 100% ok.... has the tablet updated its OWN software to the latest version as well?

Hi Aerial-Image,

Just another slight issue, I find when shooting in 2.7 to 4K, it cuts out filming. I can only film in 1080 for longer durations, & even with the Huawei M3.

Do you have any advice on this?

Thanks again.
2018-10-9
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the app - DON"T save any footage to the device - ie turn the CACHE  OFF - Its just a waste of space and memory.

I film in 4k just fine.
2018-10-10
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-10-10 01:52
In the app - DON"T save any footage to the device - ie turn the CACHE  OFF - Its just a waste of space and memory.

I film in 4k just fine.

I think I've found the problem. I was using a 64GB card that is older tech & not 4K compatible.

Thanks for mentioning the cache, as a rule I do turn it off for the exact reasons you too said.

All the best.
2018-10-10
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Moore-Grant Posted at 2018-10-10 12:40
I think I've found the problem. I was using a 64GB card that is older tech & not 4K compatible.

Thanks for mentioning the cache, as a rule I do turn it off for the exact reasons you too said.

That's good - yes they need to be capable of 100mbps write speed whatever size you use.
Glad you're sorted & enjoy the Huawei
2018-10-10
Use props
Moore-Grant
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-10-10 21:41
That's good - yes they need to be capable of 100mbps write speed whatever size you use.
Glad you're sorted & enjoy the Huawei

Yes, all sorted.
Too many issues with the Nexus being hit or miss.

Brought both a brand new 100 mbs card & went for the Huawei M3 8.4 inch. It uses a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU & Octacore at 2.3 GHz CPU as well as Kirin 950.

Everything is tight & working well now. Can finally use the Panoramic settings too.
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules