1476 18 2018-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
United States

Hi,
I was flying my spark today and lost connection, it was never over 100m away from me but it was not visible as it was sunny. I’m not saying that it was a hardware issue or pilot error but can someone please look into the my flight records. I will post the flight records in a while, please let me what you think when they are up. Edit-to be clear, I was aked by my technology teacher and school principal to take a few pictures and video of the Terry Fox run our school was hosting for cancer reasearch awareness and because I also had to do the walk, I was walking along with it. I was a but behind the spark when I lost connection and didn't see it after that. Thank you
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav).  We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the  reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.
2018-9-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you'd like members of this forum to review and comment on your flight log, then please upload it here and post the link back here. See the instructions at the bottom of that page if you need help finding your flight log.
2018-9-27
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

msinger Posted at 2018-9-27 15:30
If you'd like members of this forum to review and comment on your flight log, then please upload it here and post the link back here. See the instructions at the bottom of that page if you need help finding your flight log.

https://app.airdata.com/flight/e ... ns&val=detailed

Please let me know what you think and thanks for replying.
2018-9-27
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

Please let me know if you analyze the video. thank you.
2018-9-27
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-27 08:00
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Kindly contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav).  We have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the  reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.

https://app.airdata.com/flight/e ... ns&val=detailed
2018-9-27
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

It looks like there is a 19 story building between you and the spark at the end there.   
2018-9-27
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

LouisP Posted at 2018-9-27 16:51
It looks like there is a 19 story building between you and the spark at the end there.

No, I was very close to the spark as I was walking along with it, I don't trust this area but I had to keep it up.
2018-9-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Here are the most likely possibilities:

1) Your Spark flew back to the home point and safely landed at 43.70495928, -79.34109743.

2) After the downlink disconnected, you continued to fly the Spark and it crashed into one of the two tall buildings (search the red areas in the image below).

3) After the downlink disconnected, you continued to fly the Spark until it was behind one of the two tall buildings. The remote controller disconnected, RTH was initiated three seconds later, and the Spark started flying back to the home point (since it was already above the RTH altitude). The Spark struck the side of one of the two tall buildings and crashed to the ground (search the red areas in the image below).

2018-9-27
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

msinger Posted at 2018-9-27 18:37

1) Your Spark flew back to the home point and safely landed at 43.70495928, -79.34109743.

I checked around the building, it cannot crash as I was higher than both of the buildings and I checked the home point too, it wasn't there. Also I noticed the light on the controller go red as soon as I lost connection, which I have no idea what it means. In terms of the buildings, both were in my sight and I someone ( a lot of people were walking by for the run) would have noticed. I had a few friends with me and even they could not locate it. I will have to check again tomorrow. My dad's phone number was on it, so hopefully if an adult finds it, they might call.... hopefully. thanks for the suggestions, I'll check the buildings again
2018-9-27
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

Do you believe it was pilot error?
2018-9-27
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

Or a hardware/software issue?
2018-9-27
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Seems like the buildings interfered with the connection between the Drone and RC,, and this caused you to lose Wi Fi connection. Drone would have been in RTH mode.
2018-9-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

H. Arif - 6IX Posted at 2018-9-27 18:44
I checked around the building, it cannot crash as I was higher than both of the buildings and I checked the home point too, it wasn't there. Also I noticed the light on the controller go red as soon as I lost connection, which I have no idea what it means. In terms of the buildings, both were in my sight and I someone ( a lot of people were walking by for the run) would have noticed. I had a few friends with me and even they could not locate it. I will have to check again tomorrow. My dad's phone number was on it, so hopefully if an adult finds it, they might call.... hopefully. thanks for the suggestions, I'll check the buildings again

According to Google Earth, those buildings were about 30 feet higher than the Spark at the end of your flight log.
2018-9-28
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-28 05:15
According to Google Earth, those buildings were about 30 feet higher than the Spark at the end of your flight log.

I'll check, but my phone number is on the drone and if someone did find it they would have called by now, unless it was some reckless teenager. I'll check around today, thanks.
2018-9-28
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft
United States

Looks like you were flying in a controlled airspace for a considerable amount of time above limit of 300 feet in Canada! Try to adhere to all safety rules and regulations at all times!
2018-9-28
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

fans812df717 Posted at 2018-9-28 09:51
Looks like you were flying in a controlled airspace for a considerable amount of time above limit of 300 feet in Canada! Try to adhere to all safety rules and regulations at all times!

That's is because the whole city of Toronto is a no fly zone and I was lower than that building, but thanks for the heads up. Though, I doubt I'll be flying again for a long time.
2018-9-28
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

Rth 30 meters, is too low, it happened to me many times the losing signal or black screen, but always before flight you need to remember the preflight checklist, RTH should be over the highest point on the flight area. The rth failsafe crashed the aircraft returning at low height in your case.
2018-9-28
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Canada

Nicksons Posted at 2018-9-28 22:10
Rth 30 meters, is too low, it happened to me many times the losing signal or black screen, but always before flight you need to remember the preflight checklist, RTH should be over the highest point on the flight area. The rth failsafe crashed the aircraft returning at low height in your case.

Thanks for the tip, but I doubt I'll be flying again soon.
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules