Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-4 01:39
PhantomAtAK... Well, you said that and I think of something.. I didn't try it yet because I can't ri ...

I've had my video cache capability disabled almost since day one. The incredible video lag others are experiencing is my result as well. During testing late yesterday, I slipped the camera back and forth between 0-degrees and 90-degrees (one of my C switches does this). A lot of the time the video display never acknowledged I had moved the camera, i.e., there was so much lag it never caught up.
2015-6-17
Use props
Eagle One
lvl.1

Philippines

After 11 minutes of P3 Pro flight, my iPad mini 2 began to lag. Was flying in 90+F weather. Using firmware 1.1.9.
2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

cegio Posted at 2015-6-17 19:19
wich version of dji pilot did you use?

I think that if you roll it back you still have the maps, I dont think you have map feature if you disable, I shut off wifi after getting everything going so the update is not annoying,  My wireless fpv glasses turn the direct wi fi on to them only , when I use them works great.
2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Scotty t I probably will keep my p3p thanks to you,  thanks again, also I am not sure about the kit kat thing being better I have two tab s 1 kit kat and one loliiflop, I have rolled both back on play services, I am going to check let you all know.  The reason I say that is when I first loaded  lollipop, I was excited because I had read that the video in lollipop flowed better, I assumed that applied to the P3P,  not .  but I did notice that other video flowing on the tablet seemed to be better,  Now how but some help on my alltitude problem maybe the forum research team could start a new thread.     
2015-6-17
Use props
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

ist me again from Germany.

tryed yesterday uninstalling Google Play Services Version 7.5.71 on my Note 3. Now i am running on Version 6.5.87

and what should i SAY it is LAG FREE !!!

but this is no solution there Need to be a fix for this soon.  ! Pls Report to the DJI DEF Team !
2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-17 16:23
Interesting. What version of Google Play Services do you have on your lollipop Tab S?  Still laggy  ...

Scotty T
I need to bit clearer.  I am the designer developer of the nebula alien sunglasses wireless FPV system for the phantom 2 and 3,  

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... /page-3#post-395721   

It takes just a bit more to push wifi direct to the glasses , I can hardly wait for the p3p hdmi board, your fix is right on, ever thing works great there doesnt seem to be the developing processor bog, I do get a large number of satellites, sometimes 20, I used to only get about 9 max on my vision 2 plus. Maybe the software should select the best ten or something.

Here is a couple of things to look at.  the first time I used it I did get a little boggy when I  had everything connected, I have a task manager program loaded from play store by farouok  It came up on the notification that the processor had  been lagging for ten minutes " fix"  I hit the fix and the tab straightened right up,  that has not shown back up.

Also on the tab s under the developer tools there is a setting that limits or shuts off the number of backgroud programs that are allowed to run. I set that at 0, that seemed to help, needs further testing,
There is also another setting , "force 2d gpu rendering"  not sure about that feature, need to look at.
2015-6-17
Use props
lnwpower
lvl.1

Thailand

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-17 13:14
Yes, I had that too:

Go to "Settings > Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate " ...

Thanks, I'll try to fly soon!!
2015-6-17
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

New version of DJI pilot app on play store? 1.2.0.Does this solve our lag issue?
2015-6-17
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-17 21:54
Scotty t I probably will keep my p3p thanks to you,  thanks again, also I am not sure about the ki ...

Good to hear. I've not noticed the altitude issue you are seeing, but it seems other people may already be reporting similar http://forum.dji.com/thread-21636-1-1.html
2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Kevin Stewart Posted at 2015-6-17 23:36
New version of DJI pilot app on play store? 1.2.0.Does this solve our lag issue?

I do not belive it is happen. let me someone wakes up.

The new app is slightly  worse than old. It consumes a few percent CPU power more than old.

Google play services are broken as in 1.1.0. Nothing change, i do not know what is better, back to 1.1.0 or use 1.2.0, both are bugged and 1.2.0 more laggy.
Thanx to God an Google Play services downgrade workaround is still working.

Could somebody from China, living near DJI HQ go to them and stand by them for a few days and few night until they fix something?

From changelog:
"Various bug fixes and optimized performance"

Someone who wrote this is crazy, or he have very excentric sense of humor.

DJI, we don't care this director mode or voice battery level warning because we still cant fly, really. Please fix it.
2015-6-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eagle One Posted at 2015-6-17 21:33
After 11 minutes of P3 Pro flight, my iPad mini 2 began to lag. Was flying in 90+F weather. Using fi ...

This is behaving as expected - Apple states 95 degrees as maximum ambient and yours was likely heating up to that or more after 10 minutes.

You'll have to cool the device somehow if you want it to operate for longer periods in very hot weather.
2015-6-17
Use props
JukkaK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 439226 ft
Finland

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-17 07:22
This worked for me on my Samsung Tab S 8 Android 5.02 to fix the lag making FPV unusable

tempora ...

I have to test this, setup already made like yours.

Report later on.
2015-6-17
Use props
ben_m16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5459859 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I install the new 1.2.0, and all is worst.

Now WITHOUT SATELLITES I have lag.

Incredible......... the worst app ever with the worst firmware ever.

And with 1.2.7 firmware the phantom only flight 18 min, while with 1.1.8 and 1.1.9 flight 21 - 22 min.

2015-6-17
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I flew with the new android app today, with Google Play Services DISABLED.  It works fine the tablet did not get too hot and there wasn't any video lag.  I'm not even going to bother trying to re-enable google play services until DJI addresses this.  I would suspect the tablet would quickly overheat as per usual using the new 1.2.0  android app and 1.2.6 FW with Google Play Services enabled on my Nexus 7 II tablet.  I just don't have the patience to keep testing this stuff anymore.

Suffice it to say that with google play services disabled, the new app works as well as the old one did with no overheating issues causing video lag.
2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

ben_m16 Posted at 2015-6-18 01:53
I install the new 1.2.0, and all is worst.

Now WITHOUT SATELLITES I have lag.

Remove all bloatware, disable auto updates and disable/downgrade this auto update mate.
It should help a bit.
But it is true - app consumes a bit more cpu and it may cause lag on more loaded tablets.
2015-6-17
Use props
JukkaK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 439226 ft
Finland

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-16 23:07
I have something very interesting folks.

I made several test today with Android app... and as I wro ...

I can confirm, this is working! I made the downgrade to Google Play Services and go to test fly it.
Lag was gone and maps still works ok, experience was like in fw 1.1.8.

Drone: Phantom 3 Professional
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T535)
Android: 5.0.2
Google Play Services: downgraded to stock
Firmware: 1.2.6
DJI Pilot: 1.1.0

This can be the workaround until we get the fix from DJI.
Many thanks for Kyokushin for this workaround!
Check the message 608#

Check also ScottyT message for instructions:
Instructions here!

2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

OK folks, there is my feedback after flying on new app.

Drone: Phantom 3 PRO
Tablet: Lenovo Tab S8-50 LTE
Android: 4.4.2
DJI Pilot: 1.2.0

There was about 17-18 minutes of flying to 30% level of battery (at this level i landed). Pleas tell me peopole how is your time on 1.2.6 and what it was on older, i do not remember how it was on my 1.1.9. Time of flying to 30% battery.

It was smooth like a dream. No lags, no stuttering, just perfect and smooth FPV. Even on fast rotation or fast gimball moves. And of course map works perfectly.I recorded flight in 4K@25 and in my opinion it is smoother than on 1.1.9f/w and 1.1.0. pilot

CPU load was on about 65% and i have 20 sattelites.

Now I am almost sure than on Android platform, the main source of problem are latest Google Play Services.
DJI, please fix it, let comunicate directly to Android API, without Google Play Services.

2015-6-17
Use props
supachiney
lvl.1

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-18 02:29
Remove all bloatware, disable auto updates and disable/downgrade this auto update mate.
It should h ...

so i just got the Tab S for my p3, and it seems i was a bit too late. after reading through all these pages and pages, i feel like i am going to regret it. Anyway, any idea on how to remove all the bloatware? at most, i only see the option to disable most of the programs that came with the Tab S.
2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

supachiney Posted at 2015-6-18 03:31
so i just got the Tab S for my p3, and it seems i was a bit too late. after reading through all th ...

I have uninstalled everything like facebook, g+, google kiosk, gmail, and other useless stuff, turned auto updates off, synchronizations off, print cloud off,  and downgraded Google Play Services.

The most gain is on downgrading Google Play Services (30% off CPU load) and removing facebook (8-13% cpu load)
2015-6-17
Use props
Tyge
New
Norway

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-6-17 16:41
Hey man... good stuff..

Today i uninstalled googleplay update.. off my TAB S 10.5 so now its runn ...

Is the screen/picture crystal clear? My tab s 10,5 without google play update works, but the picture is not clear. Looks like some bad 1.3ghz picture
2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Clear as crystal on my.
2015-6-17
Use props
supachiney
lvl.1

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-18 03:35
I have uninstalled everything like facebook, g+, google kiosk, gmail, and other useless stuff, turn ...

cool. how did you uninstall the gmail and kiosk and the like? i only had the option to disable it. my tab S is fresh out the box last night so i didnt even install anything at all. i plan to use it only for my P3...
2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

supachiney Posted at 2015-6-18 03:43
cool. how did you uninstall the gmail and kiosk and the like? i only had the option to disable it. ...

In Lenovo i can just remove. If you cant 'remove' just turn off auto updates, downgrade and disable useless apps.

You can also use more specialized removing software like Titanium Backup, but disabling it should be fine.

And you may install CoolTool app to monitor your CPU and RAM usage (if it will be below 80% it should work smooth
2015-6-17
Use props
Tyge
New
Norway

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-18 03:40
Clear as crystal on my.

what is your setup? Frames per second and so on?
I have actually packed down my P3A to send back to the dealer tomorrow. Tiered of the whole thing, but if I could get crystal clear picture as I do with my S-900 with A2 and Lightbridge I might ceep it, cause the P3 flies well
2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

I am recording in 4K 25FPS at now (P3P), record quality is very good and Live feed on tablet (lenovo s8-50) is sharp and clear.
2015-6-17
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

OK just a quick test on nexus 7 11 downgraded play services to stock got rid of loads of apps, loaded CPU checkr quick test looks loads better, was pointing it outside and panning by hand looked smoother, CPU was going to 85% then. Down to 65 % etc will test fly after work tomorrow cheers kyokushin...
2015-6-17
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Tyge Posted at 2015-6-18 03:40
Is the screen/picture crystal clear? My tab s 10,5 without google play update works, but the pictu ...

Clear on My TAB S 10.5 too.
2015-6-17
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Mmmmmm ??? how come v1.2.0 is on googleplay store, but not DJI's WEB site ?
2015-6-17
Use props
azdevv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171 ft
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-18 03:07
OK folks, there is my feedback after flying on new app.

Drone: Phantom 3 PRO

Did you have video cache turned off?  I'm guessing the problem is mostly with Google Play Services and turning video cache on/off does not make much of a difference?
2015-6-17
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

great.day Posted at 2015-6-18 06:02
**** The posts are shielded ****

You know we have competitors.  We will offer the 50,000' view most of the time.  The upgrade dealt mostly with the camera.  The other were minor adjustments.  Please stay tuned.
2015-6-17
Use props
cwilliams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2327411 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel I must report as the original/creator of this threat that the rollback of the Google Play Services does indeed fix / work around the issue.

Firmware 1.1.9 firmware
Devices:  SAMSUNG S6 Edge (5.0) and Nvidia Shield Tablet (5.1)
Condition:  Airplane mode on or off
Recording:  On or Off
Distance:  Football Field or greater

Unfortunately I new issue with the VPS seems to present itself in which at landing in certain condition just before motor shutdown the PH will power up and roll.  Ill start a new thread for that ; )

2015-6-17
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

azdevv@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-18 05:00
Did you have video cache turned off?  I'm guessing the problem is mostly with Google Play Services ...

Yes, i have it off, but i also flied with ON, i do not noted any difference.
Now i am very curious. The most of You claims than on 1.1.8 firmware it works fine (i bought my p3p with 1.1.9 so i do not know), and problems started on 1.1.9, but some of people claims the problem they have on 1.1.8.
maybe there is some correlation between releasing 1.1.9 firmware and this google play services laggish crap version upgrade. This CPU overloading crap can also cause overheating in some devices with a bit worse cooling system (because 85-90% loaded cpu is generating much more heat than CPU powrking on 60%)... and CPU is throttling down, what could be the cause of 4s looong lags.
2015-6-17
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

Still works ok for me on my first test flight using the new app:

Drone: Phantom 3 ADV
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy TAB S 8.4 (also Oneplus One - Google PS downgrade was not needed for this phone. I gather it has more power to cater for the taxing processes)
Android: 5.02 on both
Google Play Services: downgraded to stock (otherwise laggy and eventually unusable FPV)
Firmware: 1.27 (also 1.19 worked ok once Google PS was downgraded)
DJI Pilot: 1.2.0 (also 1.10 worked ok once Google PS was downgraded)

I noticed some of the the options have changed and now one can't choose a custom channel nor restrict the streaming bandwidth if needed? In any case FPV streams very well even out to 1.5km in a paddock.

Hope to hear an update from DJI at some stage regarding all this. They're not very good with their comms are they!

Cheers

Scott
2015-6-17
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-18 06:05
You know we have competitors.  We will offer the 50,000' view most of the time.  The upgrade dealt ...

Hello Tahoe_Ed,

Just curious... what happened to my reply?  I got your reply to my post, but never saw my reply to yours?  Out of bounds?  When checking my post it says: Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield.  But my reply to you is not there.

Kinda makes your reply "out of context"?  I do understand your reply, but nobody else does.

Thanks
2015-6-17
Use props
lnwpower
lvl.1

Thailand

I made the downgrade to Google Play Services.
it's work for me. !!!!!

Lag was gone !!!!

Tablet: sony z3
Android: 5.0.2

2015-6-17
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Canada

I also made the downgrade to Google Play Services and now it work fine so far.

Lag is completely gone and I was able to go out 2KM & view perfectly.

Tablet: Samsung Tab S 8.4
Android Lollipop

I will not upgrade to the new 1.2.0 on the ap because of some restrictions & 1.1.0 works like a charm now.
Funny thing is my iPhone 6 IOS still has lag!!!!
2015-6-17
Use props
chaseo5887
lvl.1

United States

DVD Mansion Posted at 2015-6-18 10:15
I also made the downgrade to Google Play Services and now it work fine so far.

Lag is completely g ...

Just curious, what is stock version of Google play services? My Nexus 7 2013 has 5.1.1 and GPS won't let me uninstall updates. It only lets me disable. Version 6.7.something
2015-6-17
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Canada

chaseo5887 Posted at 2015-6-18 10:27
Just curious, what is stock version of Google play services? My Nexus 7 2013 has 5.1.1 and GPS won ...

My version now is 6.7.77
2015-6-17
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-18 07:50
Still works ok for me on my first test flight using the new app:

Drone: Phantom 3 ADV

I have Samsung Tab-S 8.4 Using Lollipop, FW-1.2.6 and Pilot App 1.2, Yes you can Still set Custom or Auto Channel and Bandwidth!
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules