o(^-^)o
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-22 08:36
"There are close to 100,000 P3's out there and 99% are flying..."

Cool, where do you get your sta ...

He makes half this stuff up because he likes to hear himself talk and post nonsense that he thinks will make him look smart and important.  I wouldn't put much stock in anything droneflyer.boy says.  
2015-6-22
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
United States

Lag and video freezing seems to be fixed for me.  I have done a lot of complaining about the FPV lag and video stuttering/freezing so here is an update.  I have the P3P with v1.2.6 firmware and using the Android Pilot App version 1.2.0.  I just bought an NVidia Shield Tablet.  I upgraded the Android OS to Lollipop v5.01 and I have updated the Google Play Service to the latest version and kept it enabled.  The lag is gone and the Pilot app does not freeze or crash.  The tablet gets a fairly warm but not excessive considering I have been flying in outside temps over 95*F.   Previously I was using the Samsung Galaxy S4 and had terrible lag.  When the latest Pilot app was released, the lag seemed to go away but the Samsung would overheat and shut down all of the apps.  I think there are still some issues with the P3 firmware and/or the Pilot App but I am glad the NVIDIA Shield Tablet is able to handle it.
2015-6-22
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

great.day Posted at 2015-6-23 05:49
After two weeks of issue free flying on v 1.1.8, I updated my firmware to 1.1.9 on May 22nd - since  ...

Yepp, but devel work is not an easy and fast.
They must change algorithmes, make tests, again and again, it is not 5 minutes or even hours or few days.It is better to wait and get good firmware and app than push devs too much and got not tested bugged firmware. We flying here, reliability is a priority factor.

Fixing issues like this is about two weeks. I think we get something at end of June or beginning of July, in the best case.
2015-6-22
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-23 06:18
Yepp, but devel work is not an easy and fast.
They must change algorithmes, make tests, again and a ...

No, it has not been two weeks.  Only able to fly two weeks on 1.1.8 before upgrading to 1.1.9.  It has been a MONTH with issues.
2015-6-22
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

Antti Posted at 2015-6-23 02:32
I tested my FPV feed (so far I have been learning to fly) and it was laggy as well (Samsung S3 + And ...

As Kyokushin suggests, you may have other apps that are using up your CPU cycles too.
Your S3 is a Quad core 1.4 Ghz CPU, which will have less CPU cycles to spare than say my Galaxy Tab S @ 4 x 1.9Ghz, or my OnePlus One phone @ 4 x 2.4Ghz.  
My One+ One handles the load without employing any workarounds and I've not disabled anything at all, but I had to employ the Kyokushin's Google Play Services workaround to get the Tab S working without lag and I kill all other active process before use. I still keep wifi on to get maps
but I guess that turning it off might restrict other apps from ramping up in the background.

If you use the "Cool Tool" app enable the 'DevTools Process Monitor' in the options to get a list of the top processes overlayed; what are the consistently top few processes when your tablet is lagging (red and green columns behind the processes text indicate high CPU usage)?

"CPU Temp" is another good app for analysing CPU usage and specifically temp. You can overlay the CPU temperature on the android notification bar which is handy.
Also the 'Changing Curve' graph tab in this app is handy to view CPU and Temp usage over time while you are using the app.

There are probably additional or better apps out there to monitor CPU usage but these are the first ones that I found that seem to fit the bill. Much harder troubleshooting these types of issues on an Android device as opposed to say a Windows or Linux box.

2015-6-22
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-23 03:51
Google Play Services are a part of bloatware. Check other apps running as a service, for example fa ...

I have found something that might possibly help those using the samsung tab s,  In addition to rolling back google play of course,  download the advanced task manager by infolife llc, and install of course.

Before you start the pilot app.  and after you have the tab lit up, go to your developer options And scroll to the bottom and check the limit background apps allowed to run to "0"  ,   You may run the task kill from the task manager you just downloaded, before or after you set the apps run to 0, There will only be a few things left running,  (including google play services of course) .

I experience practically no lag, what so ever,  I believe I can tell a physical heat difference just feeling my tab, the tab feels normal.  It does maybe slow  a bit, late in the flight , but I am also mirroring video to my glasses also,  But here is the good thing after 10 min. or so into the flight use your pull down menu.  The task manager may have placed a message there stating that the processor is lagging and do you wish to fix.

Tap fix, and it will tell you that the dji pilot app is lagging the processor ,  tap the repair. and the pilot app., I think speeds back up, if it is lagging at all,  I am still testing and observing, you may want to look at this, and experiment yourself if you have a tab s.  This may apply to other Samsung devices I don't know.  there is also one other thing you may want to look at.

In your developer tools there is another option,  "force 2d  gpu video rendering"  I believe this speeds thing s up further, for a bit, but may heat and lag processor quicker.  Still observing and testing.
Note that you have to set the background app limit to 0 and run kill each time you start.

Flew a full 20 min flight last night , no problems, except that my motors were hotter than ever I could not really touch them,  It was 100 degrees out , and a very long flight, considering that the esc.s  are an integral part of the main board on the P3,  I am not going to do that again.  The tablet felt normal and no lag.  I  hope this helps and you get the  same results.  This may be repeat info. As I have not read this whole thread.

This seemingly works best on lollipop, I have two tabs one kit kat one lollipop,  before last updates the kit kat seemed to work better, opposite now, I got the lollipop tab to clock up to over 40,000 on an tu tu.  right up there with the note 5, the best I can get out of the kit kat now is about 36,000 below nexus and g3.     

2015-6-22
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-23 07:34
I have found something that might possibly help those using the samsung tab s,  In addition to rol ...

good tips... thxs man
2015-6-22
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

great.day Posted at 2015-6-23 06:59
No, it has not been two weeks.  Only able to fly two weeks on 1.1.8 before upgrading to 1.1.9.  It ...

True, but they cannot replicate a problem until week past 1.1.9. They are aware Video lag and Google Play Services issue from a few days and they also work on VPS problem.

I think they started work on it after release a 1.2.0 DJI Pilot and 1.2.x firmwares.
2015-6-22
Use props
Antti
lvl.1

Finland

I'll have a look on temperatures and processes running next time I go for a flight.

Cheers mtnmaddman! I'll give task manager a go and see what it can do.

I guess new and "new" tablets get much credit because they don't have bloatware installed on them unlike hardware which has been in use for some time. Things may change once newer hardware have more bloatware installed on them. Although they are most likely more powerfull so they take more load. Therefore DJI should add a CPU load warning to DJI pilot. And of course check what they can do to decrease the load DJI Pilot puts on the hardware...
2015-6-22
Use props
dineli
lvl.2

Switzerland

Honestly (and being no expert), i do not care what Google Play Services and Facebook and others do on my tablet. Everything worked amazing on 1.1.8. without any deactivating/downgrading or whatever of apps (even on that time "not supported" and even on quite old devices with tons of apps installed). And so I hope it will work amazing soon again.
2015-6-22
Use props
freddyhfk
lvl.1

Romania

Someone tried to return to software version 1.1.8? It finds this version for P3pro?
2015-6-23
Use props
Bratinov
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I just uninstalled all updates from Google Play services - the default version is 6.1.88
FPV is absolutely beautiful now, no app crashes for 3 flights, in app map still works.

P3P v1.2.6
DJI Pilot 1.2.0
NVIDIA SHIELD (LTE version) tablet 5.0.1 -  wifi, gps, cellular all ON

Before this is it was nearly unusable.
2015-6-23
Use props
Radikaltech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1385814 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

Radikaltech Posted at 2015-6-23 02:03
**** The posts are shielded ****

Why is my post being shielded?
2015-6-23
Use props
Radikaltech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1385814 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

Here is it again

Flight Log:

Phantom 3
Ipad mini 3 Restores to Factory only DJI Pilot App
Hardware decode off
Temp 31ºC
From the shade of a tree
Ipad was in a sleeve with a Freezed Gel bag until the momento of flight.

Lag and repeated disconnections started after 10 mins of flight.

The same result on previous tests with Hardware Decode on under direct sun light.

Will try Hardware Decode On from the shade of a tree with the ipad on freeze gel before flight... will post results later..

Hope we find a way out off this terrible issue.

Lets keep trying

willing to help in all ways to resolve it..

We are One.
2015-6-23
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
United States

Bratinov Posted at 2015-6-23 22:31
I just uninstalled all updates from Google Play services - the default version is 6.1.88
FPV is abso ...

I am glad you found a work-around that solves the problem until DJI can come up with a permanent fix.  I have the exact same set up as you except that my tablet is WiFi only.  It has been working perfectly.  I just got the Shield Tablet... prior to that I was using my smartphone... Samsung Galaxy S4... it was terrible lag.
2015-6-23
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Radikaltech Posted at 2015-6-23 23:49
**** The posts are shielded ****

The grip of the Great Wall is far reaching.

By chance did you insert a hyperlink other than a forum post? If so that's why.
2015-6-23
Use props
cbdudek
New

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-23 07:34
I have found something that might possibly help those using the samsung tab s,  In addition to rol ...

I have a Sumsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and it was having the lag issue until I went back to Google Play Services without updates installed.  That was last week.

I appreciate the input here, and I don't know what the issue is.  It sounds like I may have to invest in a Google Nexus 9 just to get a tablet bigger than 7 inches.  It really is a sad panda story.  Either that or they fix the lag issue that Google Play Services is causing on this tablet.

Please continue to test and monitor and report back.  
2015-6-23
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.2
Italy

I'm so tired... my tab is a zombie jow. I did uninstall everything to get better video. No more fun using my tab. Google play service downgraded, maps and gmail downgraded... and obviously s.o downgraded to kit kat. I also rooted my device trying to forde clock frequency and so on...  and always I remember two perfect flight when I was on 1.1.8...  sorry to say DJI did a bad job. They don't either keep us updated on new firmware or solution. The simplest way was a downgrade to 1.1.8. we asked many times, but nothing! We could have good flight in the meanwhile they definatly fix...  really tired to wait!

2015-6-23
Use props
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

just got email from def Team fix is coming with brand new app for Windows 10 phones. apple and Android Support will be canceld
2015-6-23
Use props
ben_m16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Any news????

Tahoe, Any beta firmware testing??
2015-6-23
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

@Tahoe_Ed , give us some update!{:3_42:}
2015-6-24
Use props
Eagle One
lvl.1

Philippines

mtnmaddman, i followed your suggestions. P3Pro with firmware version 1.2.6, Tab S  8.4 4G Lollipop 5.0.2 in airplane mode, no wifi, gps on, Pilot App Version 1.2.0, no background processes allowed (developer options), do not keep activities enabled (dev options), force 2d gpu enabled (dev options). I also used the Advanced Task Manager app.  Google Play Services downgraded to factory version. I flew for 11 minutes.  No lag at all.  The Tab S did not heat up (I cant even say that it got warm. very slightly i guess).  I made turns and tested the IOC mode. No lag at all.  20 satellites locked.  Ambient temperature was 84F.  Tab battery was from 99% to 94% after the flight.  The Task Manager app did say that the cpu was lagging but i didnt notice the notification until after the flight.  Phantom battery was from 100% to 60%(or 58%).  I will try a longer flight next time.
2015-6-24
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
India

Eagle One Posted at 2015-6-24 19:21
mtnmaddman, i followed your suggestions. P3Pro with firmware version 1.2.6, Tab S  8.4 4G Lollipop 5 ...

Try a full flight and report back
For me lag Start's after 12-15 mins into the flight!
2015-6-24
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

dineli Posted at 2015-6-23 14:14
Honestly (and being no expert), i do not care what Google Play Services and Facebook and others do o ...

Yes, it's truth, with 1.1.8 my Samsung Tab 4 was great, with no lags.
2015-6-24
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

I posted this also in the thread "how to erase firmware?"  sorry about the double post.

Temporary fix.

I sandwiched one of those ice cold freezer gel cool packs between the tab/phone cradle and my sumsung tab.  

It was the first app crash free flight since 1.1.8.   No lag . . . Finally!

It kept it cool.  Only drawback is that it was very humid at my location in Florida today - Condensation from my tab and the gel pack produced a lot a condensation (screen fogging up) - dripping from the tab and the gel pack onto the controller and myself.  Be sure to have paper towels on hand and appropriately dispersed.

When are we going to see a fix?  It's been over a month now for me since updating from 1.1.8. How about some helpful communication from customer service?  Correspondence via email leaves a lot to be desired and 85 minutes plus in the queue to talk to someone is a problem.

I've been in retail, wholesale and manufacturing for almost 40 years.  When a customer has an issue with a product, an attempt to acknowledge it normally takes place within the hour after receiving notification, and then try to resolve it within 24 hours.  I know it's a different situation here, but come on DJI! - A month?

I'm flying, but not happy at all.

Disclaimer- I'm not recommending this action (gel pack).  No way scientific, but it worked for me. IMHO
2015-6-24
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

great.day Posted at 2015-6-25 09:53
I posted this also in the thread "how to erase firmware?"  sorry about the double post.

Temporary f ...

This is crazy.
How long must we divert to such home-made, unbelievable work-arounds untill DJI will sort it out (or at least give us an update!)  ?
I am flying now on firmware 1.19 and 1.1.0 piltot AP and not willing to change it until we see some proper updates.

2015-6-25
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Ireland

for the moment I can fly without lag or choppy video on my note 3 with lollipop
2015-6-25
Use props
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

m.vos2@quicknet Posted at 2015-6-25 19:45
for the moment I can fly without lag or choppy video on my note 3 with lollipop

explain me your Setup because i cant fly without laag and i have note 3 note 4 and galaxy tab s 8.4 all with lollipop to fly i Need to remove Google Play Service.
2015-6-25
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Canada

These guys supposedly have a team of IT gurus and it has been over a month and they STILL cannot even allow us to go back to 1.1.8 that worked flawlessly for 99% here until they find a true fix for it I say WTF????????

Are you kidding us? We've paid for their product and CANNOT use it & they can\t even respond to us let alone release a firmware that we can backtrack.

We should just bombard their Facebook with complaints every hour that way new customers can see WTF is happening here & deter them see if they like that which is fair in my books
since we can't use what we paid for.
2015-6-25
Use props
ben_m16
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Yes, I think that bombard with questions their Facebook is the best option in this case. This forum is only for us, DJI dont read this forum..........
2015-6-25
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

DJI is working on fix, they wrote it a few times here. There  is no possibility to make it in a few days. It will be done whet it will be done, bombarding devel team give nothing. They already working on it, and they cant do it faster.
Of course is good to refresh this topic sometimes or write to support in next week.
2015-6-25
Use props
ben_m16
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Dji´s people is more active on Rcgroup forum than this official forum...............
2015-6-25
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

Hi Guys! I'm new here, and it seems I jumped into a real hornets nest! Have been chomping at the bit to buy a quad for the past 3 or 4 months. Looked at the 350 qx, then I saw the price drop, and figured they had something new in the works, which they did. That's about the same time I started reading, and watching videos from the P3P, and I was sold. Finally got to where I could afford it, $1650 Canadian dollars, and then update 1.1.9 happened, and now I'm on the fence. Seems like a lot of money to put out for something I may or may not get to use with confidence anytime soon.. Right at this moment, it seems like my 200 qx has better range than some of the phantoms out there.

Bill
2015-6-25
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
India

@Tahoe_Ed  speak up!:@
2015-6-25
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Ireland

bbmak Posted at 2015-6-26 02:06
explain me your Setup because i cant fly without laag and i have note 3 note 4 and galaxy tab s 8. ...

no need to remove google play service  just downgrade it to the old version kill all apps and the pilot app should run just fine with latest p3p firmware and latest pilot app
2015-6-25
Use props
ballbreaker4712
lvl.1

United Kingdom

+1 for above post
2015-6-25
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

L8again Posted at 2015-6-26 03:36
Hi Guys! I'm new here, and it seems I jumped into a real hornets nest! Have been chomping at the bit ...

...wait...
2015-6-26
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

Same Problem here. App crashes / restarts every 5-7 minutes on my otherwise rockstable Note 2 (Android 4.4.2).
Picture quality goes down to maybe 2fps as soon as there is gps.
Please guys - I didn't spend 1400 Euros to own a toy.
Do something fast!
2015-6-26
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

I am afraid your Note 2 will be just not enough efficient.
2015-6-26
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Netherlands

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-6-26 22:06
Same Problem here. App crashes / restarts every 5-7 minutes on my otherwise rockstable Note 2 (Andro ...

note 2 is not supported and to slow for this
would recomend only quadcore systems for android
2015-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules