Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
protybmx.gmail
lvl.1

Spain

[size=12.8000001907349px]Hello. I have the same issue. A lot of lag and crashes with my samsung tab S (T800). I just tried to delete all the updates of Google Services and all problems goes away. Fine and perffectly fluid image. The problem now is I can't use my tablet for working with Google docs and other apps...

[size=12.8000001907349px]Please DJI, fix the problem soon!!
2015-6-27
Use props
KnuckleHead
New

United States

Same issue here with my iPhone 5s and my brothers iPhone 6.
2015-6-27
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-6-27 00:12
I am afraid your Note 2 will be just not enough efficient.

Since I am having the same issue with my son's S5, I can be sure, that this is not a problem of my Note 2, but with a buggy PilotApp.
2015-6-27
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

Well,

Yesterday, I made all that changes that we talked about, and worked in the past, but this time, it was shitty again!! What the hell? Google play services downgraded and sill stuttering.. grrr when does the fuck*n firmware update comes? grr..
2015-6-28
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-28 17:26
Well,

Yesterday, I made all that changes that we talked about, and worked in the past, but this tim ...

Get Cool Tool and check Your CPU usage.
Maybe you have other app running in background which consume CPU time.
I have downgraded Google and removed any other bloatware and everything works fine at now. However i am using my tablet only for Phantom.
2015-6-28
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-6-28 14:27
Since I am having the same issue with my son's S5, I can be sure, that this is not a problem of my ...

On S5 this is problem of Google Services and bloatware, and on Note 2 this is problem of overall efficiency.
You can strip S5 and gain CPU power for DJI pilot, and on Note 2 you have no CPU power at all. You can try onnote 2 our workaround, however i am not expect revelations
2015-6-28
Use props
seantrow
New

United States

I googled around a bit and found some other folks having issues on Android with the location services being in "assisted mode" (both GPS + network) causing high CPU usage in some circumstances.

Based on this I tried changing my Nexus 9 to "device only" mode (which only uses the GPS.)  This seemed to solve the CPU consumption issue and restore the normal responsiveness.  You can make this change by running the Google Play Services app and looking through the options it presents.

I haven't been able to do any serious testing on this other than connecting to the drone and moving the camera around, but at least for now it seems to fix the problem.  I'd be interested if others have success with this.

2015-6-28
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Ireland

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-6-28 14:27
Since I am having the same issue with my son's S5, I can be sure, that this is not a problem of my ...

that's not really a comparison lol  but I agreed with you the app is buggy
2015-6-28
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

seantrow Posted at 2015-6-29 12:22
I googled around a bit and found some other folks having issues on Android with the location service ...

For a good test you can turn on Cool Tool monitor with CPU usage, and get values with downgraded Google Play Services and with your settings.
Of course you need to make it outside where you get lock at least on 11 sattelites (more is better)
2015-6-29
Use props
dji
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96529 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same problem here with the freezing/pausing video, but using an Ipad Mini 2. Problems started after istalling the latest firmware (1.2.6 Phantom 3 Professional), so it is not an Adndroid issue only I suppose.
Made some test in open fields, more trees and buildings etc., but it happened randomly in all situations. Hope the update is comming soon. This is no fun at all.
2015-6-29
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

I googled around a bit and found some other folks having issues on Android with the location service ...

Can i get more info on what u did to google play services?

Thxs mate
2015-6-29
Use props
jerry486
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579357 ft
Germany

go to all apps -> google settings -> location -> mode (location has to be ON for the option to appear).
2015-6-29
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Ok, i tested it. I went outside, got 15 sattelites.

It doesnt matter what option i use i have 85% CPU load with latest google services and little stuttering when i moving camera up and down.
If i downgrade them i have 65% CPU load and everything is fluent.
2015-6-29
Use props
KnuckleHead
New

United States

Ok, so I did some playing round tonight and found that it happens on my iPhone 5s when it gets too hot.  I let my P3P sit on the table with the controller and phone hooked up.  Motors not running, just everything connected.  Video was fine for about 10 min...I was moving the camera around most of the time. Then the video goes laggy.  By this time my phone is pretty warm to the touch.  I take it over to the AC vent and set the phone, still hooked to the controller, directly on the AC vent.  Within 30 seconds the video was fine again.  Took it off the vent and in 10 min or so the video started to pixilate.  Put the phone back on the AC vent and, again, in 30 sec or so the video is fine.

So my semi educated guess is that this is nothing to do with the firmware, and everything to do with the app.
2015-6-29
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

Flying this thing is just not fun anymore. I took it out for a quick flight at my favorite spot, FPV lag so bad I brought it back home.

The primary reason I purchased this UAV was to utilize my Android device and fly FPV, as was advertised by DJi.  Ever since the release of 1.1.9 FW, my flying has not been an enjoyable experience.

It has been well over a month since this issue of FPV lag/freeze was reported on this forum and no fix yet.  

I have tried every suggestion to remedy this nagging issue, al to no avail.
Stop this, start that, use mode this or that mode, place Android device on a block of dry ice, put it in the freezer, etc....DJi launched this product to work with an Android device. Now its got to be a device with the power of a water cooled desktop PC.

Come on DJi, give us some hope...

2015-6-30
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

johnmaetta@comc Posted at 2015-7-1 00:45
Flying this thing is just not fun anymore. I took it out for a quick flight at my favorite spot, FPV ...

Updated to 1.1.9 on May 22.  No problems prior to the update. I have experinced issues ever since.  I have also installed all subsequent updates hoping for a fix. I wish I could roll it back.

It's been over 5 weeks.  Supposedly DJI is aware and working on a fix (per responses from DJI in this forum).

How about a status update on your progress in a fix DJI?  When will we hear or see something?
2015-6-30
Use props
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

johnmaetta@comc Posted at 2015-7-1 00:45
Flying this thing is just not fun anymore. I took it out for a quick flight at my favorite spot, FPV ...

damn John you made my day

hahahaha youre 1000% right. my current Phantom Status is it is not making fun my Phantom is more at home and waiting for a fix.

i have 3 androids devices and None of them is working maybe 5 minutes but then the lag comes.
2015-6-30
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI have been pretty quiet on this front ....  still using nasty hacks to get a descent video feed and missing all these promoted features (including Youtube streaming which doesn't work on Android app).

C'mon DJI ...  3DR is catching up ;)
2015-6-30
Use props
azdevv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171 ft
United States

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-7-1 01:47
DJI have been pretty quiet on this front ....  still using nasty hacks to get a descent video feed a ...

Youtube streaming works on my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4.  It's real choppy and not a lot of fun either lol, but it works.
2015-6-30
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

azdevv@gmail.co Posted at 2015-7-1 01:52
Youtube streaming works on my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4.  It's real choppy and not a lot of fun either l ...

Doesn't work on my Acer Iconia tablet ... video stream doesn't go anywhere (bitrate stays at 0), audio bitrate at 700.

Tried on my wifes Galaxy S3 phone, worked, but choppy and eventually crashed the phone, haha.

Android device complexity and variety aside, I use other apps for streaming other video cameras and things I have and none of them have issues, so I'm guessing its just a coding issue.
2015-6-30
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

@DJi: GUYS - TAKE ANY GOD**** ANDROID TABLET, RUN YOUR OWN ******* APP AND FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW!!!
I cannot believe that!!! I am really thinking about giving back this otherwise fantastic copter within my evaluation period. It cannot be so difficult to run a diagnostic app on your pilot app finding out what the problem ist, can it? Plus: It started with 1.1.9 - so there had to be something you introduced with 1.1.9, that wasn't there before. Whatever you "improved" in 1.1.9. - JUST TAKE IT AWAY, PLEASE!!!!
2015-6-30
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

And for god's sake: SAY SOMETHING!!! GIVE AS AN ETA!
2015-6-30
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

DJI has acknowledged the 1.2.6/1.2.8, firmware issues, a new Firmware 1.2.9 ,will be coming, which they say will be based on 1.1.9,and users will be able to downgrade ,once the new Firmware is released
2015-7-1
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.2
Italy

Kevin Stewart Posted at 2015-7-1 21:24
DJI has acknowledged the 1.2.6/1.2.8, firmware issues, a new Firmware 1.2.9 ,will be coming, which t ...

I think the best firmware was 1.1.8 not the 1.1.9
2015-7-1
Use props
m.vos2
lvl.1

Ireland

its about time come on Dji
2015-7-1
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

WELL IVE GONE TO IOS JUST ORDERED IPAD AIR 2 , 2 APP CLOSURES LAST NIGHT WHILE FLYING WAS THE LAST STRAW FOR ME ..
2015-7-1
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

Kevin Stewart: DJI has acknowledged the 1.2.6/1.2.8, firmware issues, a new Firmware 1.2.9 ,will be coming, which they say will be based on 1.1.9,and users will be able to downgrade ,once the new Firmware is released.

Does that mean we'll be able to downgrade back to 1.1.8 after we install 1.2.9?   Or does it mean we can only go from 1.2.9 back to 1.2.6 or 1.2.8?

No a very clear statement. More details if you have them.
2015-7-1
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Hmm... in 1.1.9 video lag appeared, i am curious they will solve it or not.
2015-7-1
Use props
menten.mindspri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the freezing problem with my P3 since 1.1.9. The Samsung Galaxy tab s should have enough power to run FPV. I am leaning towards a gps cache problem, but that' s not the reason for my post. I have put the P3 away since I can't trust the FPV. I have been flying my Inspire 1 and it never has any freezing. It appears like similar software, why not just apply it to P3?
2015-7-1
Use props
Kevin Stewart
lvl.2
Flight distance : 649426 ft
India

Same here, even I have FPV LAG after 1.1.9, the statement from DJI was in Chinese, so after translation, it wasn't very understandable, anyways according to what I understood, right now we can only install a firmware that has a higher version number (incremental+), but once 1.2.9 is released, we can probably downgrade  to anything we like, they also addressed heating issues, and some other issues too, so 1.2.9 should be coming soon, hope they add SDK support for 3rd party apps too! ☺
2015-7-1
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

As i am understood, 1.2.9 will be 1.1.9 because there is no technical possibility to downgrade to 'lower number', so 1.2.9==1.1.9. Maybe I am wrong, translation from chinese is like black magic for me and chinese letters are just like symbols like circles, dots, driangles, lines. Without translator i feel like a 2 years old child in library.
If i am correct, there is nothing reason to be happy. If somebody directly from China could translate this statement it will be great.
2015-7-1
Use props
freddyhfk
lvl.1

Romania

So, to keep batteries ready for firmware downgrade
2015-7-1
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

* Disclaimer of Warranties:

SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. provides the firmware “as is” and “as available” for your use, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties of merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use the firmware is at your sole risk. In no case shall SZ DJI Technology Co. Ltd. be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages arising from your use of any of the firmware, including but not limited to, any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your misuse, transmitted, etc.
2015-7-2
Use props
amatthews
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

Rortizurbina Posted at 2015-6-4 15:01
I am also experiencing the same problem. Just got the Phantom 3 out of the box, flies really good. N ...

Hi, have the same issues.
Ipad Air, new Phantom 3 with firmware 1.1.9 and new app version 1.20.

DJI please do something.....
2015-7-2
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

m.vos2@quicknet Posted at 2015-6-27 19:07
note 2 is not supported and to slow for this
would recomend only quadcore systems for android

Just purchased the Tab S 8.4 and I am still having the same problems. The app doesn't crash anymore, but is still choppy as hell.
2015-7-3
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-7-4 13:59
Just purchased the Tab S 8.4 and I am still having the same problems. The app doesn't crash anymor ...

Downgrade Google Play services mate - we talked about this at page 16 and 18.
My lenovo S8-50 is a bit slower than Yours Tab S, but working smooth.
2015-7-6
Use props
Georgi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68825 ft
Poland

alessio.pac@gma Posted at 2015-7-1 21:30
I think the best firmware was 1.1.8 not the 1.1.9

I have 1.1.9 on my phantom and 1.2.0 app on my note 3 lolipop 5.0 and I have lags also and app crashing and google services running on 80%CPU ... sooo ....
2015-7-6
Use props
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

it is really frustrating to see how DJI communicate with there Customers.

No Information, all bridging Solutions are coming from there own customers. From DJI Site i have till now not read any helpfull comment.
2015-7-6
Use props
Radikaltech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1385814 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

Ok so this was my sollution to lag in my ipad mini. an Intel Celeron Fan, a 11.1V 3S Batt and some ties. Lag is gone... even with direct sunlight on the screen and +31ºC.

I guess I should 3D print a better model

20150629_215105.jpg
20150629_215115.jpg
2015-7-7
Use props
shango
lvl.2
United Kingdom

For me the lag is solely down to the dji pilot app, i'm on out the box firmware 1.1.9, app version 1.1.0 no lag
Updated the app to 1.2.0, same firmware, same tablet, same play services no changes other than the pilot app updated, 3-5 second lag and flickering on live view.

Reverted back to pilot app v 1.1.0 and lag is gone.
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules