Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Radikaltech Posted at 2015-7-8 00:08
Ok so this was my sollution to lag in my ipad mini. an Intel Celeron Fan, a 11.1V 3S Batt and some t ...

hehe! that's NUTS! ..... OMG you had to do this to make it work..... ????

But really you should not need this... Adds a lot of weight huh? and Wires and... and.... !

MY TAB S is fine. as is S6 or iPhone 6+

Regs Chris
2015-7-7
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

shango Posted at 2015-7-8 02:35
For me the lag is solely down to the dji pilot app, i'm on out the box firmware 1.1.9, app version 1 ...

For sure?? back to 1.1.0 and working ok?
2015-7-7
Use props
shango
lvl.2
United Kingdom

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-8 08:34
For sure?? back to 1.1.0 and working ok?

For me yes, not done anything with firmware, only thing i changed was updated the app, immediately had bad lag, uninstalled and reinstalled v1.1.0 and lag immediately gone.

Nothing to do with play services, cpu load or thermal throttling. the app version alone was the issue, nothing else.
2015-7-7
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

shango Posted at 2015-7-8 11:13
For me yes, not done anything with firmware, only thing i changed was updated the app, immediately ...

Where can we find the apk?
2015-7-7
Use props
shango
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Not sure how many downloads Drive will allow but heres my backed up version.

Pilot 1.1.0
2015-7-7
Use props
freddyhfk
lvl.1

Romania

shango Posted at 2015-7-8 15:26

Pilot 1.1.0

120MB vs 47.7MB ???
2015-7-8
Use props
shango
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Never noticed that, but yes,
linked version is from the dji site, checked installed version and titanium backed up version, all sized around 120mb

Clearly some big changes between the versions.
A quick look in the apk's, there are 4 demo videos in the 1.1.0 apk vs 1 demo video in the 1.2.0 apk, that alone is 40mb extra
2015-7-8
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

shango Posted at 2015-7-8 11:13
For me yes, not done anything with firmware, only thing i changed was updated the app, immediately ...

So this is for you. I'm running on 1.1.0 android since beginning and I have lag after several seconds.
Only disabling the google play services works for me.
2015-7-8
Use props
azdevv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171 ft
United States

shango Posted at 2015-7-8 02:35
For me the lag is solely down to the dji pilot app, i'm on out the box firmware 1.1.9, app version 1 ...

You can't say reverting only to app 1.1.0 did it since you also have firmware 1.1.9 and not the latest.  So it's not just the app, it's the firmware you have is better.
2015-7-8
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

38 days since this thread was started and still no sign of a fix from DJi.
2015-7-8
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

It has been 6 and a half weeks since upgrading to 1.1.9 for me.  Had only two weeks prior to that with no issues.  Although DJI has acknowledged the issues and indicated it was being addressed - to wait this long is extremely frustrating.
2015-7-8
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

I have solved the lag on my TAB S.

Install a Task Manager to kill all other apps
Restrict background apps to 1
Downgrade to factory version Google Play Services
Use 1.1.0 Dji Pilot APP
Running FW 1.2.6.

Now it's smooth as butter!
2015-7-8
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Shutter Posted at 2015-7-9 07:12
I have solved the lag on my TAB S.

Install a Task Manager to kill all other apps

Same deal with me except I run 1.2.0 of DJI pilot app.
2015-7-8
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-9 07:37

Awesome.

Mine ran fine with 1.2.0 , even nicer with 1.1.0 though.
2015-7-8
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

But 1.1.0 doesn't produce a flight log, does it?
2015-7-9
Use props
beatnik
lvl.1

United States

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-9 07:37

Went from unusable Tab S with Google Play to working. I give credit to the users here who figured it out. Amazing. From "we can not duplicate your issue" to users solve it on their own.

I'm wondering, with rolled back Google Play - I have no maps. How can I at least get that working?

Thanks
2015-7-11
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

beatnik Posted at 2015-7-12 02:27
Went from unusable Tab S with Google Play to working. I give credit to the users here who figured  ...

Mmm odd... my maps work fine with rolled back google play.

If u fire up the native google maps from the TAB, do u get maps?
2015-7-12
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Went from unusable Tab S with Google Play to working. I give credit to the users here who figured  ...

Did you 'enable' Google Play Services after you performed the disable/uninstall steps?
2015-7-12
Use props
Medevon
lvl.2
New Zealand

bank09 Posted at 2015-6-1 07:56
I I have problems with jerky video live feed when flying . If I was indoor the video is smooth . But ...

That's really interesting! Could this be the cause of the jerk??
2015-7-12
Use props
natsgo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132881 ft
Philippines

Downgrade google maps app as well.
2015-7-14
Use props
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

any News  dji ?
2015-7-16
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

Seven and a half weeks... still waiting
2015-7-16
Use props
omarkatwe
New

United Arab Emirates

Nothing helps here for the new apps, the only helps way that dji did is to develop new app. Regards
2015-7-17
Use props
beatnik
lvl.1

United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-13 05:55
Did you 'enable' Google Play Services after you performed the disable/uninstall steps?

No but after I did that I got maps back thanks!
2015-7-19
Use props
DVD Mansion
lvl.2
Mexico

Worst fricking company on the planet, no replies no fixes no nothing for 2 months wtf? They build entire buildings in 2 months and you clowns can't even give us an app that works with what we paid? I am ready with many others to bombard their facebook and let new buyers beware of this shit,,completely fed up.
2015-7-19
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

when mine arrives im overclocking my tab
2015-7-19
Use props
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

yes i will need to rewrite my positive amazon review to a negative one
2015-7-20
Use props
Booradley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11349537 ft
United States

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-1 06:26
Happens to me to!!

No matter what I do... I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S and it is shitty FPV... hor ...

What's going on Tiago?

Have you been able to fix this yet?

You may have already heard this before but I thought I would share with you what worked for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S with 16gb.  (At least so far for the first 2 full flights)

Just to recap so we are on the same page with our issue.  My app would freeze, drop, or stutter after a few minutes of flight regardless of how far away it was.  I'd usually notice it when it was further away, I truly believe that was just because it takes a few minutes to fly the thing far away.  So I blame that as a coincidence because it continues to have the same issue when I bring it back closer and reload the app.

That being said, I can validate other claims on this thread for a work around until DJI releases a patch.  With the exception that the solution I read involved version 1.1.9, I am using version 1.2.

Prior to doing any of this I did clear my video cache on the DJI Pilot app.  I also, (AND THIS SEEMS TO BE THE COMMON DENOMINATOR WITH MY SUCCESS) went into Settings > Applications > Google Play > and clicked on "DISABLE."  It basically uninstalled it or reverted back to a version I can't even use on my Tab S any longer.  I'm only ok with that for now because I consider it temporary and I fully I expect an official fix to the issue.

This first step may not be necessary but I did it anyway:

1. Went into settings > applications and then went through every single application and "Force Stop" every single one.

2. Turned off the wifi in settings (which is recommended in the user manual)

3.  I previously downloaded the 'Android Smart Task Manager."  I used that to highlight every single task and killed every one of them.

Fired up the DJI Pilot Application and as the original poster described, it was, "smooth as butter."

That literally marked the first time I have been able to watch the live feed and felt confident with it.  It was very reactive and even at max distance, very responsive.

I truly hope that helps you for the time being.  After so much trouble it still feels like relief.  But I am still disappointed that this has yet to be fixed.  

Does anyone know if the follow feature works?  How about setting way points with maps and GPS?  
2015-7-20
Use props
Booradley
lvl.4
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-13 05:55

Hey ScottyT,

How do you do this?  I go into (Samsung Galaxy Tab S) Settings > Applications >  And can no longer find Google play services to enable it, it's like it was completely uninstalled but I can still see the icon on my dashboard.  When I try to go to my youtube page it prompts me to update however I just reject it.  
2015-7-20
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Booradley Posted at 2015-7-21 04:43
Hey ScottyT,

How do you do this?  I go into (Samsung Galaxy Tab S) Settings > Applications >  And ...

It's impossible to delete. Sounds like you are not looking at the "All" column of apps that includes all the hidden system components. Scroll right to see that column.
2015-7-20
Use props
Booradley
lvl.4
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-7-21 07:28
It's impossible to delete. Sounds like you are not looking at the "All" column of apps that includ ...

Good to know, I suspected it was still there based on everything I mentioned before.  I'll give it a try when I get home from work today.  

Thanks for the prompt response!
2015-7-20
Use props
ronald.bassil
New

Lebanon

Dear Sir,
I have purchased a phantom 3 Pro and i need your assistance with the following :-

1. There is a lot of lagg on when flying the quad on the screen preview. I am using an Iphone 5s and the photo is freezing and breaking. What could be the cause ?
2. I am unable to connect the drone with my laptop. Upon connecting with the data cable received with the drone, the computer does not read the drone. Pls advise on the required driver required.

Thanks
2015-7-21
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

shango Posted at 2015-7-8 15:26

Pilot 1.1.0

Thanks! I have version 1.2.0 on my Sony Xperia Z3 and it get hot and laggy. I have also Nvidia Shield with version 1.1.0 and the live video is great. Now I can test version 1.2.0 on Shield, if it crap, i can go back to 1.1.0. I have still FW 1.1.9 on my P3A.
2015-7-21
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

ronald.bassil@g Posted at 2015-7-21 16:23
Dear Sir,
I have purchased a phantom 3 Pro and i need your assistance with the following :-

Laptop????

Not sure what OS you are running on your laptop?

Android and IOS only...
2015-7-21
Use props
nikpepa
lvl.1

Greece

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-21 17:43
Laptop????

guys i have firmware 1.1.9 and i have updated my tablet with 1.2.0 version of app pilot.but i think the 1.1.0 was better but i erased it and i cannot find it.does anyone have a link to download it??

thankssss
2015-7-21
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

nikpepa Posted at 2015-7-21 17:49
guys i have firmware 1.1.9 and i have updated my tablet with 1.2.0 version of app pilot.but i thin ...

The link is literally like 30 posts up from you on this same page.
2015-7-21
Use props
ronald.bassil
New

Lebanon

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-21 17:43
Laptop????

My laptop is running Windows 7
2015-7-21
Use props
ronald.bassil
New

Lebanon

I am intending on buying a tablet just for the P3P. Any recommendations which is the most compatible and will give the best video feed..
Ipad Air, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Mini 3, or Galaxy Tabb4 and should it be with or without a Sim

Thanks a lot
2015-7-21
Use props
hundleton1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ronald.bassil@g Posted at 2015-7-21 20:51
I am intending on buying a tablet just for the P3P. Any recommendations which is the most compatible ...

Ipad Air 2 has the most horsepower available
2015-7-21
Use props
Mordor
New

Portugal

Hi Everbody:

First post here )

About 5 days ago i did buy a P3A. Next day on the morning before any flight i did a IMU calibration. All batteries charged independable ...

First try:
Some problems with been ordered to register on the app.....did that, after return home and conected wi-fi... (phone signal was week).
Return to the place....first fly on Begguiner mode, than about 7 minutes, normal mode P-GPS.

My phone was very, very hot.
But everthing was ok....never loose eye view from it.

Next day morning.....big problems:
No conection....app refuses....breaks conection and normal calibration stopped at 2 step....

After fortamatted microsd, everything seems ok.

Now the problems:
Despite i use low bitrate and custom channel, the app images freezes and chashes.....despite i continue toi have normal control of the P3...
How can i use full capacity of P2A on these conditions?

Do i need to buy a binoculars to check the quad at long distances?

My phone is a Oppo Find 7A, with a Snapdragon 801 at 2.3MHZ and a Adreno 330 at 5XXMhz using KK (4.4.3) Its very equal to Galaxy 5.
I kill all aplications, before, remove plastic protection for better dessipation.....but i never know if the flight takes 3 minutes or 9 minutes without chrashes.....

My FW is 1.1.9 from factory. No updates made to controler or quad.

At least, they could make a aplication for a portable PC......... im very disapointed and thinking contact portuguese store to return this product.
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules