Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

i heard that in the chinese forum a new app beta has been launched ?
2015-7-22
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

ronald.bassil@g Posted at 2015-7-21 20:26
My laptop is running Windows 7

no good bro....

only Android and Apple devices
2015-7-22
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

Mordor Posted at 2015-7-22 03:07
Hi Everbody:

First post here )

Try the Google Play Services rollback, detailed on page 17 or 18 of this thread
2015-7-22
Use props
Mordor
New

Portugal

Tks Scotty..

Already revert it to the factory....now i just have to try it and fly ;-)
2015-7-22
Use props
danrschultz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285758 ft
United States

I reset my Lenovo A10 Tab 2 back to factory defaults and did the below:

1. 'Play Store' app > Settings > Auto-update apps > "Do not..." to turn off automatic updating

2. 'Settings' app> Security > Device Administrators" and uncheck/deactivate "Android Device Manager" as a device administrator

3. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable (or Uninstall)... then choose to uninstall any updates from the stock version when prompted.

4. 'Settings' app> Applications > Application Manager > ALL > Google Play Services > Enable ....this will enable the older stock version of google play services

Ignore future upgrade requests for Google Maps etc as that will upgrade Google Play Services also. (until there is a proper fix from DJI)

I have much smoother video and the Pilot app did not crash.  I tested with a 3 battery session.  I will test again this weekend.
2015-7-22
Use props
shibbywowdude
lvl.1

United States

bbmak Posted at 2015-7-22 16:04
i heard that in the chinese forum a new app beta has been launched ?

Has anyone been able to confirm this?  I have basically been unable to fly my P3 since I received it and have tried all of the suggestions in the forums.  I am running on my VZW Samsung Galaxy S6 and iPad Air.
2015-7-23
Use props
bbmak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125476 ft
Germany

any news good damn i need an update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-7-24
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-7-4 13:59
Just purchased the Tab S 8.4 and I am still having the same problems. The app doesn't crash anymor ...

read page 20 also follow mtnmaddman post
2015-7-27
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-9 07:37
Same deal with me except I run 1.2.0 of DJI pilot app.

read page 20 my post to see how to keep the apps from re starting
2015-7-27
Use props
Seaprozac
lvl.1
United States

I cant even post here without issues...
2015-7-27
Use props
Seaprozac
lvl.1
United States

I had a Phantom 2 and flew with a Note 4. I never had any video issues. I sold it because I heard the P3 was so advanced. I have had nothing but problems with video lag and horizontal tilt. My P3 can turn a 180 before my note 4 even catches up. And when I am trying to video, I get crazy tilt. I would return any other product in a heartbeat. I am thinking about returning it and using my credit card protection services. I might just go back to flying a kite with my freaking Go Pro.
2015-7-27
Use props
jerry486
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579357 ft
Germany

to people having issues with latest firmware / app, you are aware of this thread, right? Seems you can easily downgrade ..

http://forum.dji.com/thread-23263-1-1.html
2015-7-30
Use props
shibbywowdude
lvl.1

United States

jerry486 Posted at 2015-7-30 18:24
to people having issues with latest firmware / app, you are aware of this thread, right? Seems you c ...

I did the downgrade (FWV:1.1.8) last night with success.  I took it on a test flight and my P3P was very stable.  More testing to come, but now I think I am going to install the new DJI Ultimate Flight app.  It has waypoint abilities.

http://www.kenargo.com/AndroidApps/UltimateFlight/

They have a new firmware that installs right over the 1.2.6/8 firmware on the P3.  This new firmware was released on 7/14 by DJI and has support for the SDK again!  Please note this is a beta version of the firmware!!!  The app these guys have made is also very good and basically replaces the DJI Pilot App.  $10 for the app and you are in business!

Safe flying!
2015-7-31
Use props
ronald.bassil
New

Lebanon

Hi everyone,

Am intending on purchasing a Tablet specifically for the P3P. My budget is not that high, so the Ipad Air is out of the question. Found the Lenovo A7600-H for a very reasonable price and it also includes cellular + Wifi. Anyone used the Lenovo Tablet, your feedback would be great.

If not then I will have to go for the Ipad Mini2, which is $180 Plus if i am to get the Cellular + Wifi.

Thanks
2015-8-1
Use props
Mordor
New

Portugal

Mordor Posted at 2015-7-22 20:13
Tks Scotty..

Already revert it to the factory....now i just have to try it and fly ;-)

Well......after dome flights my Oppo Find doesn`s crasch or show bad syntoms
I lost You Tube but i don`t care...

FW1.1.9
DJI App: 1.1.0
Phone: Oppo Find 7 (+- equal S5 Galaxy)

Also, i do remove protection and original caps for better cooling

For those whoe are desesperate on 1.2.6 or .1.2.8..there is the option of rollback to 1.1.9 or even 1.1.8...maybe it works !
2015-8-2
Use props
michael.hrischu
New

United States

I upgraded my P3 to 1.2.6. txt said it was successful. App says I'm still on 1.1.9 and need to upgrade. Tried powering everything off and on... still says I need an upgrade.
I am also having the video feed lag/stall issue. Samsung Note 4. Friend of mine says if he keeps his phone cool the issue goes away.
2015-8-2
Use props
Selim
New

Germany

Little update from me

combination
IPhone 6, iOS 8.3, DJI Pilot 1.2.0, P3P 1.2.6

less video lag than Galaxy S 8.4, Stock Rom 5.0.2
not able to set home point (Apple released (unfortunately after my flight) a FW which sould solve some GPS bugs, maybe therefore....)

BUT no reason for celebration
because, the IPhone gets hotter and hotter so that you can boil water on it!!! I think it's not very well for the IPhone!!!
So i cancelled my flight and opened a ticket, they said to me that HQ China is working on new firmware and that i should be patient...

In fact, my P3P is an expensive toy for me
i'm waiting and i'm waiting and waiting....
i'm really disappointed from DJI because they promised something else....
2015-8-3
Use props
GoinSideways
New

United States

Does anyone know if you were to use a separate screen that connects directly to the HDMI output of the controller, if that screen would not suffer from this lag issue? Or even used a mobile device with adapter cable attached to HDMI port?
2015-8-3
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

And someone tested on 1.3.2  firmware? Downgrade of google play services still necessary ?
2015-8-4
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-8-4 16:27
And someone tested on 1.3.2  firmware? Downgrade of google play services still necessary ?

I really really hope that fixes!! Downgrade don't work for me, only disabling works :/ and if I do that, I don't have map positioning of the P3
2015-8-4
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

OK folks, so I made another tests:
Quad: Phantom 3 PROTablet: Lenovo S8-50L / Android
Firmware 1.3.20
App: DJI Pilot 1.2.0
Number satellites: 12
Google Play Services status and CPU usage:
- latest version: 75%
- downgraded to stock: 50%

Conclusion:
On new 1.3.20 firmware CPU usage is about 10% lower in both cases, but when Google Play Services ARE updated to latest version there still is stuttering and transmitted image is NOT fluent as it IS on downgraded.
We need to wait for new DJI app and made another test, however there is a 10% cpu gain, on 1.2.6 firmware i had 85% CPU usage. Still downgrade of Google Play Service is necessary to fluent FPV.
Google Play Services still consuming about 25% CPU power of tablet.

2015-8-4
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-8-5 03:25
Quad: Phantom 3 PRO
Firmware 1.3.20

are you on Android?
Wait for the new version of GO app and maybe it will go bether and less CPU
2015-8-4
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

Yes, I am on Android, I am waiting for new app, current tests are made on DJI Pilot 1.2. Firmware changes looks good, I have hope about new app.
2015-8-4
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

DJI only specify the Android version that works and some compatible devices.  I would like to know what the minimum specs are to run the now DJI GO App so that choices can be made as to which Android devices will work with the App and P3.  After all there are some lower priced devices that have a decent spec and we should not have to purchase top end Apple products.
I don't know about all you, but after blowing a budget on the P3A & batteries there isn't enough left for a top end tablet to use as a screen.
I also don't understand why they made a 57W charger for the P3A and a 100W charger for the P3P when they both on be used on the P3A, surely one charger for both would have made more sense, or am I missing something here.
2015-8-4
Use props
freddyhfk
lvl.1

Romania

bigger charger for price difference
2015-8-4
Use props
SANOOK
New

Thailand

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-8-5 03:25
Quad: Phantom 3 PROTablet: Lenovo S8-50L / Android
Firmware 1.3.2 ...

Thank a lot for you,Kyokushin.
2015-8-7
Use props
michael.hrischu
New

United States

New firmware 1.3.20 8-4-2015
2015-8-8
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-12 03:45
If you are relying on an Android device, make sure that you follow the advice that has been poste ...

PROBLEM SOLVED   If you got a tablet with 1 gig system memory DJI pilot for ADROID uses a massive 50% of your memory and 50% maybe 70% of your cpu (poor coding)   So if you have programes running in the background and most tablets do of which some you cannot stop then to put it in a nutshell your tablet gets overloaded / overworked  and the software locks up at worst and at best is RUNS slow hence the lag   SOLUTION get a ipad (better code) or rewrite DJI Pilot to be less resource hungry Dont believe me then  run ZAPPER TASK KILLER its free get the reading for your tablet  Regards Dave  ps i may be wrong but i dont think i am
2015-8-9
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

musman1978 Posted at 2015-6-12 21:49
battery consumption when using GPS on tablets / smartphones is not due to CPU usage but to power co ...

that make sense    i will try that tomorrow
2015-8-9
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-6-13 01:24
Well said.  Android is a complex bag of hurt when it comes to processor intensive apps.  When the t ...

Why should i buy apple DJI said i could use my product with Andriod  and i cant this thing is a 1500 dollar paperweight so to i fly solo no fricking app till its fixed if not  they are in  BREACH of contact and i want my money back DJI u got 4 weeks GOT IT
2015-8-9
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kc2jds@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-13 05:32
IT IS a great product thats why i went and bought it with three batteries and a case and was happy ...

YOUR JUST SO RIGHT
2015-8-9
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Paniza Posted at 2015-6-13 09:29
I would like to report that after I switched from Samsung Tab 3 8" to Sony Z3 (no cache recording{bu ...

usb problems are probaly your usb cable get a new one
2015-8-9
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jaanus.kalli Posted at 2015-6-16 04:33
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.8_en.z ...

WHATS ALL THIS FROM THE LINK
Computer Manager Cloud Security Center to remind youThis may be fraudulent website
The site has been reported large numbers of users, and there are unconfirmed information that may be used to steal your account or cheat your property through a variety of means, recommends caution visit.

Your visit is: HTTP: //download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3 ...

Install computer housekeeper, the Internet does no
2015-8-9
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

With the new firmware the Lag and Stuttering gone!!  2 Full batteries and no over warming ...  Thank god!

But.. the Pilot App disconnects (grey slider), i get "No signal" error  (red slider) but I can record and fly and see the monitor, (the only difference is instead of getting green safe to fly slider, i get a red one!! jeez)... and the range distance seems much much worse... 1000m and disconects where i got 2200m before.. jeez fuck*n christ.. when will this be over? :S
2015-8-10
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-8-10 16:03
With the new firmware the Lag and Stuttering gone!!  2 Full batteries and no over warming ...  Thank ...

Hi Tiago     what seems STRANGE  but a lot of the guys having lag problems ect dont mention wot tablet they have Now i would love to BLAME DJI but they said on a number of occasions that (they could not emulate ) some of these faults Before today my 4 flying piece of junk was going in the bin i had a samsung  galaxy the original £800 that kept locking up on dj pilot just locked after a few mins then i tried sam galaxy tab 2   still the software froze and lagged like a dog  even after uninstalling and disabling damn near everything    So i got a grade A samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4 with 16 meg £180 pounds  you know what It fricking works Now i only done a short test but it went up FAST i shot some video came down fast  and it works smooth video and dji pilot didnt freeze SO even if the software is not PERFECT maybe just maybe its the shitty cheap old bloated TABLETS  we i others are using that is making the problems worse   The analogy remember when 386 cpus got us to the moon well not to PLUTO they got a P4 cpu   So i know got a flying CRACKER cause i changed my tablet Regards Dave  ps currently runnnig DJI Pilot ap 1.2 P3P firmware 1.1.9  the ap says update but fuckit its working
2015-8-11
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dirk.liesenfeld Posted at 2015-7-8 12:58
Where can we find the apk?

Thank you for the app its 123 meg thats fricking ridiculous for a ANDROID app no wonder its bugged ?
Regards Dave 11 aug 2015
2015-8-11
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

shango Posted at 2015-7-8 16:32
Never noticed that, but yes,
linked version is from the dji site, checked installed version and tit ...

still 80 meg is massive for andriod  ap
2015-8-11
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

johnmaetta@comc Posted at 2015-7-10 05:56
But 1.1.0 doesn't produce a flight log, does it?

behave all we want is a some ap want flight log then make it a option to tick why u want a flight log i would only use it to find out where my drone crashed because of bloatware on my app next you will be asking for macdonals way point so you can pick up your supper  lol  ps only messing
2015-8-11
Use props
Davidnblundell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

beatnik Posted at 2015-7-12 02:27
Went from unusable Tab S with Google Play to working. I give credit to the users here who figured  ...

they probaly could not find the fault  because maybe just maybe they have a more powerful tablet maybe worth asking what tablet they where testing it on which app and firmware upgrade they where using
Remember also these people are Chinese maybe english dont convert very well in chinese   remberber the chinese manuals we still get    Just a thought
2015-8-11
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Poland

OK people, new 2.0.0 app is released. Could someone test video lag and google play services?
2015-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules