Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Lag / Pause Android in FPV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Quad: Phantom 3 PROTablet: Lenovo S8-50L / Android
Firmware 1.3.20
App: DJI GO 2.0.0
Number satellites: 12
Google Play Services status and CPU usage:
- latest version: 75%
- downgraded to stock: 50%

Conclusion:
New 2.0.0 app changes totally nothing. I am really dissapointed. They worked about it over two months and there is no changes at all.
On Upgraded Google Play services is still a little stuttering so downgrading is STILL needed.
2015-8-12
Use props
TiagoMatias
lvl.2

Portugal

Kyokushin the only way I get this to work is having a full dedicated tablet with no updates at all and no software besides DJI Go. All other bloatware are disabled.

Some people tell that if I get the HDMI board and connect to a HDMI monitor it it smooth and with extreme quality, but its a pain in the ass having with me another monitor hanging around everywhere...
2015-8-13
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-6-3 14:46
R&D is doing research about it.

Is this problem specific to a Phantom3 Advanced or the Professional?  We apparently do have different firmware on each Phantom3, it would help us all to diagnose the problem if you tell us which Phantom3 you have.
2015-8-13
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Both                 .
2015-8-13
Use props
copter
lvl.1

Canada

Hi all,

as someone had success running cyanogen 11, or we face the same issue with Samsung Android ?

On my Samsung tab S I went to cyanogen 12 and the lag is not present in the 5 first minutes of filght but I had to disable video caching on my device.   On the fully loaded Samsung Android version 5.x I was not able to get 2 min of clean video if I remember correctly.

Since the older version of the app seem good, are there any drawback in running the older version 1.1 of the DJI Pilot app ?

Thanks

2015-8-13
Use props
Panther6834
lvl.1

United States

For those interested, and for those who are not aware, Asus recently announced their latest ZenPad tablets, with the top two tablets (both 8") being, essentially, "super" ZenPads, called ZenPad S 8.0.  The first of these (model Z580C) has already been released, with the top-of-the-line version (model Z580CA-C) being released within the next week.  Both versions are running 64-bit Intel CPUs (yes, I realize that there is no 64-bit version of Android...yet...but there soon will be, plus a 64-bit CPU can still run 32-bit apps more smoothly).  The Z580C sells for $199-229, and comes with 2GB RAM & 32GB of storage capacity.  The Z580CA-C will sell for $299 (B&H Photo, plus several other retailers, are taking pre-orders), and comes with 4GB RAM & 64GB of storage capacity.  There are a few additional benefits to getting the Z580CA-C, both I won't go into a spec-by-spec comparison.

Since purchasing my P3P, I've been using a Nexus 7 LTE, which has had fewer problems than most other tablets, but still has the video lag, video stuttering, Google Play Services crash issue, app crash issue, and (rarely) occasional tablet reboot issue.  I purchased the Z580C, and have also pre-ordered the Z580CA-C.  Considering that the Z580C was just released, and the Z580CA-C has yet to be released, it's completely understandable why these two tablets are not on DJI's list of "officially approved" tablets...of course, at the same time, there are a LOT of tablets currently being used with the Phantom 3 that are not "officially approved".  Yesterday, I performed a back-to-back flight test (see below for PhantomPilots.com link), comparing the two tablets against each other.  In regards to this test, the P3P, transmitter, and all three batteries had been updated to the latest 1.3.20 firmware, and both tablets were running DJI Go v2.0.0.  For those interested in the back-to-back comparison, here's the link:

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/tablets-and-phones-that-work-well-with-dji-go-dji-pilot.48525/page-7

Enjoy, and happy flying.
2015-8-13
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

DJI GO version 2.0.1 and FW 1.3.20 (RC FW 1.4.01). First it look good, no lag, but after 10 min flight it start to lag. After 18 min the DJI GO app crashed, I must restart application. The lag was terrible after 10 min flight. I have latest Google services updates.
I think I am going back to version 1.1.0
Also before take off, App wants me to upgrade my A/C Fw!

Tablet: Nvidia Shield LTE
2015-8-13
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Finland

TiagoMatias Posted at 2015-6-2 02:29
Tahoe_Ed, you can see my test video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fzxQ2d_LNE

I have same issue with dji go version 2.0.1 and fw 1.3.20. With no gps, no lag. With gps thete is a lot of lag. Device, Nvidia Shield. Also after 18 min flight totally crashed.
2015-8-13
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

BTW, my 'stock' version of Google Play Services is: 5.0.89 (1307510-070)  and it works fine.
If your 'stock' is some latest and you have video lag, you can uninstall it by tool like Titanium Backup and install older version, for example from here (i do not tested this site, just found here): http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/goo ... droid-apk-download/
2015-8-14
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

ok... TAS s 10.5"

Just updated to DJI GO app.... Video seems ok.... but only get a max of 15 satellites ?? Old app got 20 + Sats ???

What u guys getting?

Regs Chris
2015-8-17
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

jorski@netti.fi Posted at 2015-8-14 02:52
DJI GO version 2.0.1 and FW 1.3.20 (RC FW 1.4.01). First it look good, no lag, but after 10 min fli ...

I'd be taking out google play back to the old version...
2015-8-17
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Someone tested on 2.0.2?
2015-8-17
Use props
ben_m16
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148192 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I tested it yesterday and all the same.

With Services updated, a lot of lag. without it all well.

I think that this releases is only for fix something with Phantom 3 standard.
2015-8-17
Use props
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

Yep disappointed. Android apps should be permantly kept at same level as Apple by DJI and they should have that issue resolved quicker than that. Not too sure about them having their priority right...
2015-8-22
Use props
Cactulin
New
Flight distance : 968192 ft
Colombia

Same lagging problem with iPad mini last firmware last go app on this'll dte
2015-8-23
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Finland

I have fly my P3A with DJI GO version 2.01 and FW 1.3.20. I have disabled Google Play services and using stock version.
Now the FPV quality is very good. It is almost like iPad Air 2, witch I have also test.

Here is a sample video, by using Nvidia Shield screen recording.
2015-8-25
Use props
joecwilson
New

United States

jorski@netti.fi Posted at 2015-8-14 02:52
DJI GO version 2.0.1 and FW 1.3.20 (RC FW 1.4.01). First it look good, no lag, but after 10 min fli ...

Exact same issue with Samsung Galaxy S6
Factory reset several times, but have not tried with older Google Play services yet
2015-8-25
Use props
mosszaphod
lvl.1
United States

I am running 1.1.9 Firmware and Pilot App 1.2.0. I have an Asus MEMO 8 and it is finally running super smooth and real time on my P3A. The trick that did it for me was to disable everything running in background except the DJ app and I used a Startup Task Killer to kill any apps that was trying to start on bootup. Once I did that I have not had a single app crash on the last 3 flights and the videos has virtual no delay....definitely made a huge difference, so now I got an 8" tablet for under 120.00 that works great and no Apple product is needed .

Now I am deciding if I want to upgrade to 1.3.20 and DJ Go 2.0.2....I am kinda of leary since everything is working good now, but at the same time I always think it could make it even better.
2015-8-26
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Ugg there should be a sticky on best settings for android and ios ....
2015-8-27
Use props
memelivorno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Same here on my note 4. Video feed stutter, i'll try to downgrade play services
2015-8-28
Use props
Smtx199
lvl.2

Belgium

Ben might be right, i went three time flying on a large supermarket parking, the only place i know i get 16 sat connected, each time i got video lag while still on the ground.
Usually i have video lag after 10 minutes (huawei p8).
It can not be related to heat (weather) as i only fly over there at night (20° max).
The place is outside the city, no wifi, no powerline, and not much mobile network, wifi off on the phone, no bluetooth, no data, phone reboot, kill task etc
2015-8-29
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Went for a fly on weekend with my PH3A, fully updated to the latest of everything..

Took off, instantly laggy video

Checked out TAB S... Google play updated....

Down grade to stock Google play... Video good again.

But I did notice with updated Google play? 20 locked in Sats..... With down graded Google play... only 15 sats.

She can't handle the Russian sats ???

Months and months this been a problem and no fix DJI?   
2015-8-31
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-8-31 22:54
Went for a fly on weekend with my PH3A, fully updated to the latest of everything..

Took off, insta ...

Yepp,  3 months and nothing...
2015-9-3
Use props
amin67r
lvl.2
Switzerland

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-3 12:22
Yepp,  3 months and nothing...

I have this problem : video lags of about 3 - 4 seconds (firmware is the latest updated one)
Device: samsung S3 android
The App crashes quite often during the operation.
And sometimes there is no camera image on the App.
Any solution so far?
2015-9-3
Use props
tester01
lvl.1

Germany

bbmak Posted at 2015-6-30 19:20
damn John you made my day

hahahaha youre 1000% right. my current Phantom Status is it is not  ...

bbmak: hahahaha youre 1000% right. my current Phantom Status is it is not making fun my Phantom is more at home and waiting for a fix.
i have 3 androids devices and None of them is working maybe 5 minutes but then the lag comes.

Hello bbmak
This is precisely the point! I'm with the DJI support in progress.
Three Android devices and none is working properly, crashes, etc ...

But at the moment I have little hope. Example:
I write: "I have the Go App 2.0.2 installed on a Lenovo Life Tab and now i have 100% crash rate at startup"
And the Support answers me:  ... "You already have the new Go-app 2.0.2 installed? Here is the download Link ..."
Not even read what was written.

regards
2015-9-3
Use props
tester01
lvl.1

Germany

amin67r@gmail.c Posted at 2015-9-3 15:09
I have this problem : video lags of about 3 - 4 seconds (firmware is the latest updated one)
Devic ...
Hello amin67r
" Yeep. 3 months and nothing ... "

In another Topic I have expressed it as:
"Waited so long for the new Andriod Go-App ... and then missing the big breakthrough!"
"Actually, I just want to fly safely. That's all ... only beautiful flights."
"But how will that work if the App quit unexpectedly ... or not even work."
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 14&page=2#pid200283

regards
2015-9-3
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I noticed the satellites down to 15 as well, I have not updated google play services (I didn't add my google account after factory reset - no google update) but the app runs great after the reset, no lag, great signal etc.  
2015-9-3
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Tahoe_ED, is DJI working on fixing this issue? Android users are over 60% of Your customers...
2015-9-4
Use props
Zippster
New

United States

Took my brand new P3A out for first flights today and expericenced all the wonderful lag described in this thread.

Have a Samsung S5 with latest app and all firmware upated on DJI hardware.   Lag and crashes make me way to nervous to fly this kind of money out of site.  Hopefully they fix this sometime soon.

Actually thank goodness for battery beeping to remote as the app had locked with battery at 53% but when I landed Phantom, only had 1 green bar left....
2015-9-5
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

Ok, tested.

Firmware 1.4.0010
App: DJI GO 2.1.0
Number satellites: 15
Google Play Services status and CPU usage:
- latest version:73%
- downgraded to stock: 48%

Conclusion:Almost nothing changed. Video lag is not resolved and Google Play Services still should be downgraded, they are causing stuttering and lag.
However there is noticable lower delay on downgraded Google Play Services.

DJI didn't make their homework.. again. We waiting three months and nothing.

2015-9-7
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Finland

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-9-7 19:43
Ok, tested.

I have notice same! Nothing has change, we still have lag issue!
2015-9-7
Use props
flippnbits
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487992 ft
  • >>>
United States

Running P3P, Galaxy Tab 4 Latest FW and DJI GO. Was having same issues with FPV lagging and stopping. Disabled Google Services and uninstalled updates... along with Google Play Music and Google Hangouts (which are dependent on Google Play Services). Retried and had very smooth video. Ran out of battery after a couple of minutes so I had to land it. But that was a major improvement for what I had experienced earlier in the day.

This leads me to suspect the combination of DJI GO with updates to Google services that are causing the issues. Hope this helps.
2015-9-7
Use props
FlyByNorway
lvl.1

Norway

Why are they not fixing this problem? It is obviously affecting a lot of people!
2015-9-7
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

It is affecting everybody with Android device, because thats how it works. Android users are 60% of DJI Customers. I completely do not know why they ignore it.
2015-9-7
Use props
micahstvns
New

United States

Please fix the lag for android devices, I spent big money for this product and feel like it should be worth it. Thank you
2015-9-8
Use props
formbyjules
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have just bought a Phantom 3 Advanced. Have to say I'm a little concerned now as all my stuff is Samsung. Note 3, Note 10.1 2014 edition and Tab S
2015-9-8
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Poland

formbyjules Posted at 2015-9-8 17:52
I have just bought a Phantom 3 Advanced. Have to say I'm a little concerned now as all my stuff is S ...

Just downgrade Google Play Services and it will works fine. However this is an workaround developed by a community.
DJI should fix it, we should be able to use DJI Go app without any workarounds. I cant now upgrade my tablet to Lollipop because i do not know i will be able to downgrade Google Play Services.
2015-9-8
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

mosszaphod Posted at 2015-8-27 10:47
I am running 1.1.9 Firmware and Pilot App 1.2.0. I have an Asus MEMO 8 and it is finally running sup ...

Works fine mate.  Just do the Google play downgrade as normal ..

I like the new features in the new Go app

Regs Chris
2015-9-9
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

mosszaphod Posted at 2015-8-27 10:47
I am running 1.1.9 Firmware and Pilot App 1.2.0. I have an Asus MEMO 8 and it is finally running sup ...

Works fine mate.  Just do the Google play downgrade as normal ..

I like the new features in the new Go app

Regs Chris
2015-9-9
Use props
formbyjules
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Do you still have to downgrade Google Play services with the new GO app? How do I downgrade Google Play services - is there a thread somewhere?
2015-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules